Contractor Fraud
Concerned home owner

Barre, VT

#1 Jun 11, 2007
I wanted to warn poeple in the area about a contractor commiting fraud. I recently had a terrible experience with the Extra Mile Building and Remodeling Company. To make a long story short, the owner staged a fall in order to get out of the work that he had commited to. We then caught him on video tape using the "injured arm" soon after that he threatened us with a law suit and put a bogus lein on our house. The legal fees cost us $1500 and in the end we just dropped everything. The worst part of it all is that the work that
was performed was so terrible that it must all be removed and reinstalled by competent workers. We had Henri Demarne, a well respected building inspector and columnist inspect the work. He stated that he had never seen wormanship that terrible. Please get references poeple and please be aware of fraudulant activities.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jericho Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ROCKY's PIZZA Apr '15 marcy 2
Is EuroFoodMart Legit? (Apr '11) Apr '15 Dude 28
New to Vermont Apr '15 Terry P 2
News Gentlewolf released on bail (Jun '07) Apr '15 Shocked with pain... 2
News Vermont man gets prison in Nebraska pot case (May '13) May '13 Sheik Yerbouti 1
loud boom (Sep '12) Oct '12 TLinda 3
Debate: Iowa GOP Debate - Jericho, VT (Nov '11) Nov '11 Justine 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jericho Mortgages