Steves Pier One
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Mike

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Jun 14, 2007
I heard a few months ago that Steves was going to get remodled.But I have seen no action yet. Now I here that the mayor is looking for the owners sending out flyers, dosen't the police dept or fire dept know how to reach the owners in case of an emergency? I Belive that the Mayor Just likes to Humilate her residents, Makes her feel good. In any event I miss "The Pier" and hope that It will return in all of it's glory and grandure soon. Runing a restaurant is probally the toughest job, and of course having a village hall that dosn't support it's local businesses just makes it harder.Hope some body responds to this posting with facts not fiction.
a cap

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Jun 14, 2007
In speaking with Joe G the owner of Pier One he assured me that if the village needs to speak to him they know how to get a hold of him. And if they lost his # there are many residents that have and are in contact with him daily. In any event he will be geting back from vacation this week and will call the village.
Pandadoll

Garfield, NJ

#3 Jun 19, 2007
Ah....I love Pier One...

I would love to help rejuvenate the place....

Great location for destination Art Events...

I'm an artist with an agenda....

If anyone is interested they should check out
The Artists Group.

We do fundraisers, as well.
Pandadoll

Garfield, NJ

#4 Jun 23, 2007
Maybe everyone should help STEVE'S PIER stay...
mike

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Jun 25, 2007
Pandadoll wrote:
Maybe everyone should help STEVE'S PIER stay...
I realy can't belive that their are only three of us interisted in keeping traditions alive. Is this the only place online to post our concerns. Maybe we can find the rite place and help save traditions like the pier.
Big Deal

United States

#6 Jun 25, 2007
I thought their lobsters were not up to par and the place in general was a big rip-off. Nice view, thats about it.
Pandadoll

Garfield, NJ

#7 Jun 26, 2007
Well...

The public needs to care about something to get any body to ever do anything about anything....

It's amazing how the PUBLIC has such a narrow view of what life is about.

Their only concerns are about their taxes and what kind of crap is on Cable....

What about their children's furniture?

What about the future of the world, the planet?

Those are the things folks should be concerned with....

What happened to the attitude....of SAVING the PLANET?

What's the matter?

Everyone got so caught up in their own stupid little lives?

NOTHING else matters?

Life goes beyond your backyards....and personal issues....

YOU ARE ALL citizens of the world....

Maybe you should try acting like it.
FamilyMan

United States

#8 Jun 26, 2007
I don't Worry about my childs furniture but I do worry about their future. Unless things change drastically on the Island our family is leaving in five years. Thats when all the kids will be finished with school. The island is doomed if it can't keep families like us. We will be moving to a place where the average age will be 30 years old. What will the average age on Long Island be in 5 years? My children are very skilled workers who cannot be replaced by most immigrants. So what will the Island become? A land of Hospitals and senior citizens homes? Will that be our major industry? Then what, these people will not live forever. Advertisements will read. Come to Long Island a great place to die...
Pandadoll

Garfield, NJ

#9 Jun 27, 2007
No, that is reserved for places like FLORIDA, CALIFORNIA and ARIZONA.....

YOUNG people's attitude:

Trash the environment.....everyone will be dead eventually...so it doesn't matter.....
All Politicians R Crooks

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Jun 27, 2007
Bayville officials are extremely circumspect and new things that are against existing codes usually get planned and executed in an under-the-radar fashion. Whatever is to become of Steve's Pier has probably already been decided, it's just a matter of how to navigate around the law and the public, who eventually will be the last to know. By the way, the food sucked there and nobody in Bayville would have ever thought of eating there. They must have closed down because they couldn't fool the outsiders anymore.
mike

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Jun 27, 2007
STOP JUST STOP Trying to figure out why The Pier closed it doors. Their are a multitude of reasons why restaurants (any business) close their doors. Bayville offcials are very closed minded they belive that their village is still in 1950 they call it preservation. I wonder if their is a name for this condition. Because its f**king stupid! Tell me how you like to ask 100's of thousands of dollars for a house that you haven't invested a quarter in "lazy bums" You people in bayville are Stupid for many reasons mainly for keeping that fat ass mayor at the helm! She is Anti-American! Any one in her position could make bayville a spectactulure place, Not the crap hole it is. Bayvillians are Cheap as**holes they Won't spend money on their homes they don't spend money on restaurants (so their comment on the Pier are invalaid) they go around saying the food sucks instead of "I cain't afford it" . And keep in mind that the outsiders were chased away by your dirty little mayor wait when the shit hits the fan on her. Then you won't need me to call you stupid you will be doing that yourself.
FamilyMan

United States

#12 Jun 27, 2007
I have the same I.Q. as GW Bush, 90. But I believe this Guy is dumber then me.
mike

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Jun 28, 2007
So I should be the mayor of Bayville. and you should be president.
Kathy

Morris Plains, NJ

#14 Jun 29, 2007
My elderly father received a gift certificate for Steve's Pier 1 as a Christmas gift. We would like to know what news there is about the restaurant and if anyone will honor his certificate. Hoping for the best.
Insider

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Jun 30, 2007
well you can call the owners at the "ShipWreck Tavern" directly across the street,They have recently purchased Steves Pier One.
daisy

AOL

#16 Jul 2, 2007
My family has lived in Bayville for 80 years. I was a teen working at Steve's Pier. I loved that place, it is so beautiful. I think it adds a touch of class to Bayville. I heard that the owners of the new Bayville Theme Park (owners of NYC Jekyll and Hyde) have bought the place. I hope not. I wish they would stay in the city and leave our little town alone. I hate having this theme park here and bringing all this out of town traffic. My biggest fear is the drinking and driving, I have a new driver on the road and it sends chills through me.

I know, call me small minded.

I'm ducking :-)
daisy

AOL

#17 Jul 2, 2007
well you can call the owners at the "ShipWreck Tavern" directly across the street,They have recently purchased Steves Pier One.
==========

No, no, no! Go away and keep your business in the city. I dread Bayville this summer. I miss our sleepy little town the way it was. Now it's all out of towners.

Am I the only one feeling this way???
sagita

United States

#18 Jul 2, 2007
I came to Bayville with a friend who was having
her 80th Birthday yesterday and had been going to Steve's Pier One since it opened however many years ago. We were shocked to see it closed and could not find another restaurant on the water in the town. No one that we spoke to was able to recommend one.Are there any good
restaurants on the water there? We like Bayville but had to go to another town to have dinner.
mike

Brooklyn, NY

#19 Jul 3, 2007
daisy wrote:
My family has lived in Bayville for 80 years. I was a teen working at Steve's Pier. I loved that place, it is so beautiful. I think it adds a touch of class to Bayville. I heard that the owners of the new Bayville Theme Park (owners of NYC Jekyll and Hyde) have bought the place. I hope not. I wish they would stay in the city and leave our little town alone. I hate having this theme park here and bringing all this out of town traffic. My biggest fear is the drinking and driving, I have a new driver
on the road and it sends chills through me.
I know, call me small minded.
I'm ducking :-)
Well my little duckling!!

Let me give you advice, you can vote to get rid of mayor victoria "the Queen" she has destroied our town.
The admusement park has a "big shot" in the county who just pull the strings in the town. Now why get rid of the Queen? Well when a property is vacated in the village the Queen 'dreams' of something that should go in the space.IE the old posidisn restaurant, she told the owner of the property Mr Gallo that the only business that she would approve their is a medical facility, now why the hell should a medical facility be built on a beach. it belongs their like the Queen belongs it the white house. ps it will have a second floor with Secion 8 apartments,kool, now our strip is compeate. My point is that when some thing big wants to come to our village the only way to get approval is to go over the Queens head. A real Mayor would respect the big money and work with them to build something that would make 90% of everyone involved.you can never make everyone happy.
insider

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Jul 6, 2007
I am trying to get more people to use this blog. I have e-mailed everyone on my list.Can all you guys do the same I like the idea of this type of forum but we need more input. tell all of your friends especialy bayvillians.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jericho Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 16 hr Bruser 8,314
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Fri Bruser 2,649
Music in the park Fri Max2099 1
News Cops: Massapequa builder bilks customer out of ... (Nov '07) Fri nancys 147
News Fire breaks out at Carle Place manufacturer, of... Thu John Smith 1
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Franklin Square (Jun '15) Jul 20 Melissa D 32
News Teen found dead at Sea Cliff home for troubled ... (Nov '09) Jul 20 Vincent 12

Jericho Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jericho Mortgages