Charges Filed In LI Chimney Sweep Scam

Full story: WCBSTV.com

A chimney sweep and his helper pleaded not guilty Thursday to grand larceny and other charges after a prosecutor said they scammed mostly elderly customers into getting unnecessary and expensive repairs.
Comments
321 - 325 of 325 Comments Last updated Apr 29, 2014
First Prev
of 17
Next Last
How did he

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Get a suffolk county license now on long island to do business
I C every move U Make wrote:
oh bOY !!
now these two guys have to be the stupidest people on the planet!
they just got busted not too long ago/
a SUPER senoir citizen calls up for an - INSPECTION -
right there bells and whistles should have went off like if you missed it youre deaf and blind[
and they try it again\
what a couple of dick bags] they deserve to be sitting in jail=
that KEARNS name is ringing a bell so I made a call to someone who has his ear to the pavement
and this guy i trust with my life and is also in the chimney field.
he is one of only a handful of great technicians that can do just about any job but
you know damn well KEARNS N Co/ are going to rott in jail/ his own family even if they could bail him out wouldnt
not just because all of them are also rotting in jail.
But for other reasons] you know \ you stole my dope /| you stole my crack kind of stuff
Your typical family arguments.
These guys are real low lives from what I am being told]
mven the daughter?\ sister is a thief too>
my source is telling me she stole checks AND JEWLERY from her previous boss and cashed them with her own I>D
GENIUS FAMILY THERE!
PURE GENIUS ACROSS THE BOARD??
yOU KNIOW WHAT THE FUNNIEST PART IS /
tHEY WILL FALL FOR THE SAME THING NEXT TIME THEY GET OUT/
they are so dumb they will fall for the exact same sting the very next day as if it never even happened.
CLIFF and CLIFF JR when you get out of jail you will be reading this and you will be so embarrased to show your faces around this town and we all hope you just move away
far far away and take your thief daughter or sister with you that filthy pig that she is
your whole family is pure scum of the earth
when you go take that other chimney scammer JAY Z with you
and also take BOBBY G
also take Bobby Cirilo
and also take Dave R
if i see any of you guys in the street i am going to smack the crap out of you on sight because you need to prey on the old and weak i hope when you are old and weak someone robs you all
you guys have all been put on notice if i hear of you scamming anyone and i hear everything and see everything i will out you right here and not just right here
i will go to your company because i know where you all are and i will smack your boss because he knows you can not do a 5500 job in 45 minutes using 2o feet of liner you dam scum bags
you know what i might just go there and smack him for the hell of it because he robbed a friend of mine
when you see me coming well i will just end it there
thank you and good morning
Cal

Levittown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

New chimney sweep scam and it's incorrigible. They now call and say you made an appointment and are hard core about it. You tell them no and they don't stop. You hang up then get a second call. Being elderly seniors may not remember what they said to who, they are easily manipulated. When I told her absolutely no appointment was made and this is a scam, she told me to go ****myself and called me the N word. Last I checked I was white. The point is that this is insidious. I called the police and made a report. I gave the police the number on the caller ID. I feel badly for reputable chimney companies that have to answer for the actions of these criminals.
Badtothebone

Lindenhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

First off the N word should be expected with a name like Cal,(Calvin) OK. Now no crime was committed and you call them all criminalz thatz slander Yo!
PCHARMIN

Center Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2014

john wrote:
<quoted text>, I am tired of hearing about the elderly being scammed if they are not competent to make basic decisions they should not be left unassisted, Where are there family's, usually waiting for the lawyers call and what there going to get
wow talk about judgementle maybe their kids don't live close . beside many people of all
ages get scammed by these people . you sound like the first person who they could scam ,
if you need a sweep are you going to climb up on the roof to see if your cap and pipes are in good condition before they get there NO your going to take their word for it . I'm in a related business and see this all the time. people call and asked if we provide this service , when we say yes and tell them it's 150.00 ,we always hear the other guy I called said it was only 30. or 40 dollars . YES and when he gets there and does a half ass job and tells you your cap is rusted and falling apart ,or your in danger of a chimney fire and might burn your house down because the pipes are rusted thru ,but he will reline it for 600.00 . most people get it done .these guys work on commission and could not servive doing the job for that kind of money . if your in business between salaries ,insurance , workers comp , and taxes you can't even start your truck up for 30 , 40 dollars . some people go with them because that's what they can afford ,others because their cheap (the people not the service ) but remember
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR
marie ct

Port Jefferson, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

please beware of chimney scams from longisland that come on the ferry to ct to scam us home owners had a company called diamond duct a straight scam the guys name was jim was trying to charge me $1,800 for
nothing my chimney is perfect but kept saying i need a liner once i told him i had know money he packed his tools and left my neighbor said they never got on my roof he was watching so we called our local police and made a report it just makes me sick to think they are people doing such
a thing like this ...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Jericho News Video

•••
•••

Jericho Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Jericho People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••