Midas Muffler Shop - US1 in Port St. ...

Midas Muffler Shop - US1 in Port St. Lucie, FL

Posted in the Jensen Beach Forum

Miami, FL

#1 Sep 28, 2011
If you have a muffler problem, DO NOT use the Midas Muffler in Port St. Lucie on US 1. I had a minor welding job done there and they charged me almost $500 for the repair.
When I called other Midas shops I was told that the repair would be only around $200 - so I took my car to the nearest one which as on US1 in Port St. Lucie, Florida. I didn't think my car would make it to the one in West Palm Beach. When I called the one in Port St. Lucie, the man who answered the phone told me not to worry, that he would take care of me.
After I paid for the repair (as I had no choice) I questioned the amount, the Manager told us that that is what that particular location charges-and if it is more than what the web states or another location states, then too bad. He stated that his location charges more than any other location.
I was advised by two other locations that my repair was a minor one and only took 15-20 minutes.
Please do not use this particular Midas shop.

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#2 Feb 5, 2012
Vicky, just be aware that most shops will always quote you lower prices over the phone to get you to come in. When they have the chance to assess the vehicle the price will vary. But, as a long time PSL Midas customer, they have always treated me fairly. I have gotten written estimates from them and shopped around at other shops and they seemed reasonable. But I understand it's not the greatest feeling in the world when you have to pay $500 when you didn't plan for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jensen Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stuart Florida Justice System Favors Men Over B... 17 hr carol 6
News Fla. lawmakers repeatedly denied pleas for more... Mar 13 powergame 1
Severe Child Torture Policy in Florida. (Jul '09) Mar 2 txtmsgtufguy 79
Greg Burkey Feb 26 Will H 2
Shooting Cartoonists (May '15) Feb 19 Osama 8
Gavin Eugene Long---Martyr, Hero. (Oct '16) Feb '18 Paddy 7
News Teacher fired for racy pics lands new job as po... (Sep '09) Feb '18 Alex 19

Jensen Beach Jobs

Personal Finance

Jensen Beach Mortgages