Archaeological dig at Germantown Potter's Field site will not start before March

Jan 25, 2013 Full story: PlanPhilly

Archaeologist Mary Alfson Tinsman points to slides showing historical maps of Potter's Field at a meeting in late December.

Full Story
Carol

Old Lyme, CT

#1 Jan 26, 2013
You know they really, really should start in mid- to late February. It's just a shame that they're putting off until March. I won't go into all the reasons why, but (a) if you are a self-respecting metropolitan area with a variety of historic districts, nay, a panoply, a muchness, of the historical, not to even mention the much disputed discovery of pre-Clovis points embedded in what might have been -- and I emphasize "might" and "have" -- a mammoth's buttocks and (b) the Urban Districting Hydro/Agrarian Bureau's decision to roll back fluoridation and use those moneys instead for climbing walls in private schools (!)-- then have you got any basis to style yourself as responsive to a groundswell of adult voters? I rest my case, Philadelphia.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jenkintown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I am in serious need of help with pain 1 hr batesb764 1
Review: Bee Your Hair 2 hr RIP Commander Mat... 2
Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) 7 hr Bobster II 494
Ginger riots for Bradley Stone Tue Jabez Wilson 2
Two Philadelphia legislators face indictment in... Tue oh the stupidity 2
Manhunt Underway for Suspect in Pennsylvania Sh... Tue Honors Wytrache 6
Trio to fight gay assault case at hearing Tue Newton 3

Jenkintown News Video

Jenkintown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Jenkintown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jenkintown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jenkintown