Man attacked with meat cleaver

There are 46 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Mar 14, 2009, titled Man attacked with meat cleaver. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

An 18-year-old Jenison man was hospitalized after being attacked with a meat cleaver early Saturday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
truth syrum

Hudsonville, MI

#3 Mar 14, 2009
Nothing good ever happens after midnight. I guess some people learn that the hard way. Plus, there is nothing like a 21 year old d-bag hanging around with teenagers. I guess he gets older and they stay the same age.

I hope there is a speedy recovery for the victim.
cdc

Greenville, MI

#4 Mar 14, 2009
chain saws?
Jen

Jenison, MI

#5 Mar 14, 2009
What is wrong with this world?
Punny

Hudsonville, MI

#6 Mar 14, 2009
Who uses a meat cleaver? What a hack!
Beam-James Beam

United States

#7 Mar 14, 2009
Don't you worry-the Big-O is on it.From now on there will be a 10 day waiting period before you can take possession of all cutlery.You must also pass a Federal background check as well as full psychological testing to ensure you are stable enough to own cutlery.All electric carving and/or fillet knives will be banned due to their "full-auto" operations.
Becky

Wixom, MI

#8 Mar 14, 2009
What of it wrote:
Stabbing,shootings, carvings, whats next?
Lions, and Tigers, and Bears - OH MY!

I know what you are feeling, it's scary.
LaineyJane

United States

#9 Mar 14, 2009
He wasn't attacked by a meat cleaver. He was attacked by a person with a meat cleaver!

“& My Favorite Dog Muttley ”

Since: Nov 07

Myrtle Beach, SC

#10 Mar 14, 2009
Punny wrote:
Who uses a meat cleaver?
The Cleaver's? I think Ward or June Cleaver used one in an old episode of Leave it to Beaver one time.

Wally & Beaver were never allowed to be around any of the sharp utensil's in the kitchen.

It's unknown if Larry, Lumpy or Eddie ever played with any of the cleavers.
Schnozzy

Des Moines, IA

#11 Mar 14, 2009
Made for TV Horror movie story. Geez, who does that? Oh wait...

Since: Mar 08

Jenison

#12 Mar 14, 2009
It's really sad when young people resort to violence to end disputes. It's even sadder(and sicker) when people have to joke about a crime which could be termed attempted murder.
forreal

United States

#13 Mar 14, 2009
okay 1. it wasnt a meat cleaver
2. the 21 yr old was the immature one who started it all
3. the 21 yr old was the one that pulled out the weapon
so its not just young people who start all of this.
Before you people make assumptions maybe you should wait to get all of the facts first.
The Victim

United States

#14 Mar 14, 2009
nobody was sent to the hospital i was one of the people in this dispute. it was an argument that led to the 21 year old pulling out his hand crafted mini sword or w/e he likes to call it. he was just swinging it around at everyone while my friend was on the phone with the police
Fish

United States

#15 Mar 14, 2009
I bet this guy didn't have a carry concealed permit for this cleaver. When are we going to outlaw meat cleavers? How many more people have to get hurt before politicians stand up to the NCA= National Cleaver Association? I plead with Obama, Pelosi, and Reid to get a bill passed to make it illegal for a person to get their hands on meat cleavers. Right now the Meat Cleaver Show loophole is how these dirt bags get ahold of these things and chaos ensues. What's this world coming to?

Since: Feb 09

nowhere

#16 Mar 14, 2009
what in the world??? what is wrong with people. probably more college kids

“STRATEGIC ASSESSMENTS”

Since: Aug 08

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue

#18 Mar 14, 2009
To the individual with the meat cleaver; SAW is just a movie. Fiction.
psycho 911

Saint Joseph, MI

#19 Mar 14, 2009
somebody swings a meat cleaver at me, i'm pulling out all the stops. i'll drink your milkshake......

Since: Mar 08

Jenison

#20 Mar 14, 2009
forreal wrote:
okay 1. it wasnt a meat cleaver
2. the 21 yr old was the immature one who started it all
3. the 21 yr old was the one that pulled out the weapon
so its not just young people who start all of this.
Before you people make assumptions maybe you should wait to get all of the facts first.
You're missing the point. People are learning that violence is the answer to settling disputes today. It's not an acceptable solution for anything. Violence begets violence.
forreal

Grand Rapids, MI

#21 Mar 15, 2009
Bon Van- I'm not saying that violence is acceptable i never said that what-so-ever! What I'm saying is the media lied to everyone about this. It wasn't the teenagers that brought this situation to where it went to. It was actually the 21 yr old. No one ended up in the hospital. No one was hurt.
The thing is people can't just talk and can't just fight with their hands, a weapon is always brought into the mixture.
So im going to say this again, I never once said violence was acceptable.
Jennifer

Grand Rapids, MI

#22 Mar 15, 2009
Terrible!!!! I hope the boy is going to be okay.
psycho 911

United States

#23 Mar 15, 2009
hmm, psycho has been judged nuts? who'd have figured? my comment was to illustrate the fact that a meat cleaver is an odd weapon of choice. and to whoever judged me that way, missed the point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jenison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 32 min tom wingo 2,054
News Want the city to pay for your pothole damage? (Mar '08) Mon Oneal 56
Meat Pies! Sun GoatMilkSaviour 1
Lets Chat (Mar '08) Sun Hudsonville Friend 40,203
Me . . . Morale Day Sun bobolinq 1
Driving around Grand Rapids naked! (Oct '11) May 21 gun lake exhibiti... 45
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) May 21 Tom h 1,005
More from around the web

Jenison People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]