Lumber store's future in doubt

Lumber store's future in doubt

There are 36 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Jul 24, 2008, titled Lumber store's future in doubt. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

The future of Kenowa Lumber is in doubt. The home improvement store at 2464 Wilshere in Jenison had locked doors Thursday morning, and a note that read it was "Temporarily closed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Really

United States

#1 Jul 24, 2008
I sure am glad I read this.
lilpnut

United States

#2 Jul 24, 2008
Does this mean that WOOD TV was first with the "scoop"? Please get back to us when you have a story!
SameOlStory

United States

#3 Jul 24, 2008
Let me guess? Bad economy resulted in less revenue and whatever profits were received went up the owner's nose?
Same ol' story...guess I'll just go to Home Depot like the rest of America.
Riiiight

Grand Rapids, MI

#4 Jul 24, 2008
Or maybe they went on vacation. Good story!
Anne

Deerfield, IL

#5 Jul 24, 2008
Actually, the bank closed them up. I have a friend out of work now, and he has a family to support.
Lighten up a little, ok?
u dont know anything

Jenison, MI

#6 Jul 24, 2008
if you people dont known what you are talking about meaning the public keep your mouth shut!!!!
u dont know anything

Jenison, MI

#7 Jul 24, 2008
amen anne
GRRitated

Grand Rapids, MI

#8 Jul 24, 2008
SameOlStory wrote:
...and whatever profits were received went up the owner's nose?
And you have first hand knowledge of this?

Since: Jul 08

Kalamazoo, MI

#9 Jul 24, 2008
u dont know anything wrote:
if you people dont known what you are talking about meaning the public keep your mouth shut!!!!
Wow..really bad sentence structure there.
D-A-P

Detroit, MI

#10 Jul 24, 2008
lilpnut wrote:
Does this mean that WOOD TV was first with the "scoop"? Please get back to us when you have a story!
Probably a consumer advised Wood of it. Duh!
Dick

Deerfield, IL

#11 Jul 24, 2008
WOOD TVs future is in doubt as well if this is the best they can do for breaking news. Unless they mean "gone broke" news.
Caring in Holland

Jenison, MI

#12 Jul 24, 2008
Anne wrote:
Actually, the bank closed them up. I have a friend out of work now, and he has a family to support.
Lighten up a little, ok?
My heart goes out to alll of them, I hope they'll be o.k.
Make some sense

Comstock Park, MI

#13 Jul 24, 2008
This is very poor reporting. A sign says they will be back Monday. They headline reads "Lumber Store's Future in Doubt". Nowhere does the story indicate why the store's future could be in doubt. I understand this is bigger than a small mom & pop store, but there could be several reasons for closing until Monday: Inventory shut-down, Vacation, Death in family, etc., etc. etc. Unless WOOD TV has some info indicate a reason for the doubt, this is a non-story. And if they have info, why isn't it in the story?
Joe

Jenison, MI

#14 Jul 24, 2008
Economic woes for Kenowa Lumber...They went from Chapter 11, to Chapter 7 bankruptcy. A trustee takes over from here.
grc

Plainwell, MI

#15 Jul 24, 2008
lilpnut wrote:
Im thinking WOOD needs to back off on the "you heard it here first" and do a better job of actually reporting the news.
(agreeing with you)
Lake Effect Dude

United States

#16 Jul 24, 2008
NEWS FLASH!!! THIS JUST IN!!!!

Young person seen walking down the street with a suitcase. More as the story unfolds....

(Oops, she was on her way to a slumber party.)
GR Mich

Tulsa, OK

#17 Jul 24, 2008
I feel bad for all of the employees that were put out because of this.
I heard earlier today that Mercantile Bank came with a locksmith and had all of the locks changed.
Wally Walker

Grand Rapids, MI

#18 Jul 24, 2008
Maybe they are going into the flower business?

Another one bits the dust (saw dust that is).

It appears the only business around here is the company who makes the FOR LEASE/ FOR SALE signs.
Pete the Painter

Grand Rapids, MI

#19 Jul 24, 2008
B R E A K I N G N E W S !!!!!!!!!!

Sign company runs out of paint.
We have a crew on the way.
Live feed at 5:00.
nbs

Arvada, CO

#20 Jul 24, 2008
Actually business was so good today that they ran out of lumber. More is due in by Monday!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jenison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Booming again: West Michigan's economy is on a ... 1 hr uzi does it 34
Poor Little Patriots 7 hr Joe Balls 25
Donald Trump has no chance 9 hr Idea Maker 8
News Why micro loans might be key to growing black-o... 17 hr Oh No You Di-nt 1
Local News Women (Apr '09) Mon Carly 2,652
Brexit is America's advantage Mon RushFan666 3
News Two Zeeland Bikers Hit Deer 15 Minutes and 25 M... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Berly01 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jenison Mortgages