Jena 6 Conviction Thrown Out

A state appeals court said in tossing Mychal Bell's conviction that the 17-year-old should not have been tried as an adult on the charge of aggravated battery. Full Story

“This jus can't be summer love!”

Since: Jul 07

Jena

#535 Sep 19, 2007
Thank you people for trying to settle everyone down. You don't know how much me and my whole school appreciates this. We're sick of being made look like racist fools.

“1%er”

Since: Sep 07

THE WORLD

#536 Sep 19, 2007
SOME OF US HERE ARE THE CONSORTIUM FOR PEACE

COLOR MEANS NOTHING TO US.

RIGHT IS RIGHT AND WRONG IS WRONG.

PEACE TO YOU AND JENA....

(and if all else fails...DUCK!!!!!)
biker

Quantico, VA

#537 Sep 19, 2007
I think 6 white boys need to go get each one of the black boys one at a time and return the favor. This was all started because they knew they could get a rise of these white kids by sitting where they always sat. We have all had our little group areas when we were in school. It didn't matter what color it was just the way things are. The smokers had their area, the nerds had their area, the jocks had their area, the girls had their area, and etc. You know what I'm getting at we all defended our hang outs and it wasn't based on race but the fact that at the beginning of each year the different groups claimed their hangouts for the year and you just don't try to take it over without a fight. These white kids didn't resort to violence but they did resort to stupidity and bad taste but not violence.
St Bernard Proud

United States

#538 Sep 19, 2007
Denise wrote:
<quoted text>Your attitude is exactly what I'm talking about, why aren't people standing up for Channon & Christopher and displaying the outrage that all of America should be feeling for them, why hasn't someone organized a march or protest for what happened to them? The monsters that committed those dispicable acts are going to prison for a long time, and may even recieve the death penalty. If you are going to speak about Channon & Christopher, it should be in a way to honor their memory, a scholarship fund, a memorial fund, anything that would not dishonor them in a negative light. As a veteran of the United States Air Force, it is very disheartening to know that you are obvously a closet racist that raised your right hand and swore to protect and fight against the very behavior that you are displaying in this forum. I tell people I am a veteran because I want them to know that no matter your sex, race, religious beliefs, and whatever else, that I stand apost and fight for you becasue I love you and I would hope that they would do the same for me. I find it very hard to believe that you are a veteran speaking in this manner. How long did you serve? If you don't mind me asking?
well, there was a march, in Knoxville, in june. a few people came out to protest. the whole thing was written off by the media as nothing more than a gathering of "white racists." there were actually more counter-protesters than there were protesters. the lack of solidarity in white people is sickening.
i served in a combat oriented mos in the Army for 5 yrs. been overseas twice.

BLT

Since: Apr 07

Holland, MI

#539 Sep 19, 2007
biker wrote:
I think 6 white boys need to go get each one of the black boys one at a time and return the favor. This was all started because they knew they could get a rise of these white kids by sitting where they always sat. We have all had our little group areas when we were in school. It didn't matter what color it was just the way things are. The smokers had their area, the nerds had their area, the jocks had their area, the girls had their area, and etc. You know what I'm getting at we all defended our hang outs and it wasn't based on race but the fact that at the beginning of each year the different groups claimed their hangouts for the year and you just don't try to take it over without a fight. These white kids didn't resort to violence but they did resort to stupidity and bad taste but not violence.
That is not right at all.More violence and fighting will only perpetuate more of the same in turn and the cycle continues and can escalate out of control.

“you know you want me ”

Dodge city

#540 Sep 19, 2007
PiNkY wrote:
Thank you people for trying to settle everyone down. You don't know how much me and my whole school appreciates this. We're sick of being made look like racist fools.
well don't take this the wrong way PiNkY with all the fakes on here changing IP addresses if you are from Jena y'all have my sympathy it's a shame people are stuck in the old ways like your town seems to be but it's like that all over there will allways be a hater in the crowed unfortunitly this got out of hand , the trial is tomorrow am i correct? i will be watching to see what happens and i believe both sides are guilty in the first fight and the jena 6 so all should be tried and all should receive the same punishment fair is fair, sentence all or none! i just hope you guys get outta this thing with out it being a big racist war than what it already is,i don't believe al or jessie or the 5 bus loads of people from here are gonna do any good ,this is where bush and the government should step inand due what ever is needed to calm the situation, all i can sayis becarefull in jena tomorrow theres a shiiit storm headed yalls way.... good luck and best wishes from W.Columbia,SC
stop the hate ~stop the violence!!

“This jus can't be summer love!”

Since: Jul 07

Jena

#541 Sep 19, 2007
Thank you! Finally people who know the true story! You are exactly right!

“you know you want me ”

Dodge city

#542 Sep 19, 2007
biker wrote:
ah but you are wrong biker they did resort to violence the first fight was a black boy was invited to a party which turned out to be all white 12 to be exact and they jumped him at the party, so that makes them just as guilty as the jena 6 ! 12 on 1 or 6 on 1 which is fair? in my book neither!

“you know you want me ”

Dodge city

#543 Sep 19, 2007
BLT wrote:
<quoted text>That is not right at all.More violence and fighting will only perpetuate more of the same in turn and the cycle continues and can escalate out of control.
EXACTLY!!!!
biker

Quantico, VA

#544 Sep 19, 2007
BLT wrote:
<quoted text>That is not right at all.More violence and fighting will only perpetuate more of the same in turn and the cycle continues and can escalate out of control.
So black people can resort to violence but if white people do it it's wrong? If 6 white kids beat up a black kid it's an act of racism and they should get the chair?

“you know you want me ”

Dodge city

#545 Sep 19, 2007
OK I'M GONNA POST THIS 1 MORE TIMEFOR THOSE OF YOU THAT AIN'T GETTIN THE FACTS OF THE STORY !!! CLICK ON THIS LINK TO GET THE FACTS OF THE JENA 6!>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch ...

THEN TELL ME ABOUT THE POOR WHITE KID!!!

“you know you want me ”

Dodge city

#546 Sep 19, 2007
SORRY THAT 1 DIDN'T TAKE HERE IS WHAT I AM SAYING>>>>XXYOUTUB E-YuoiZnr4jLYXX

“ HONEST POSTS”

Since: Aug 07

The good ol' US of A

#547 Sep 19, 2007
The White Tree should not have been chopped down. It is not the fault of the White Tree that blacks stood under it or that whites hung ropes from it. The Tree was a symbol. It was in fact a symbol of America's Cultural Past. It should have been heritage listed so that no one could touch the tree. Much as if it were in a Museum.

The dark boys involved knew the menace they would be causing by standing under the tree. So they incited hatred. The white boys retaliated with what they knew would sock it back to 'em.

These issues are only a symptom of what's happening at the School, not necessarily in the Community.

This is not a National Issue requiring further provocation by Black Leaders. It's a chance for them to have another rant about how unfair it all is that black folks, commit crime, get caught and convicted. OJ got off did his colour play a part in that? Let's just face it, these boys who were tried by a court of law were criminals, not black not white. JUST PLAIN EVERYDAY CRIMINALS.
biker

Quantico, VA

#548 Sep 19, 2007
Festus wrote:
<quoted text> ah but you are wrong biker they did resort to violence the first fight was a black boy was invited to a party which turned out to be all white 12 to be exact and they jumped him at the party, so that makes them just as guilty as the jena 6 ! 12 on 1 or 6 on 1 which is fair? in my book neither!
That was a seperate incident and the kid wasn't invited to the party by the ones that hosted it. One person hit the kid in the nose and several others thre bottles at him, but hey all didn't jump him from behind and knock him out and kick him while he was down. The adult was convicted for simple assault. The others should have been charged too in that case but it wasn't as calculated and violent as brutally knocking a kid out and kicking him while he was out cold. The white kid is a seperate incident and yet the treat it like the punishment should be shared by all white people for what one other man did. What the black kids did is called lynching, it's where a mob is the judge, jury and executioner. Thats what they should be charged with.
biker

Quantico, VA

#549 Sep 19, 2007
Festus wrote:
OK I'M GONNA POST THIS 1 MORE TIMEFOR THOSE OF YOU THAT AIN'T GETTIN THE FACTS OF THE STORY !!! CLICK ON THIS LINK TO GET THE FACTS OF THE JENA 6!>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
THEN TELL ME ABOUT THE POOR WHITE KID!!!
Click here to get the real facts about the case. http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/09/19/jena.six ...
Beach Bum

Florence, SC

#550 Sep 19, 2007
biker wrote:
<quoted text>
Click here to get the real facts about the case. http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/09/19/jena.six ...
Or you could read the comments of the US Attorney (who happens to be a black man) who puts it all on the time line.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/09/19/jena.six...

“you know you want me ”

Dodge city

#551 Sep 19, 2007
A LIL MORE TRUTH NOT CONCERNING THE JENA 6 BUT SAME SUBJECT MATTER THIS IS A GOOD POINT AND GETS FUNNY IF YOU HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR.<<<<

biker

Quantico, VA

#552 Sep 19, 2007
Beach Bum wrote:
<quoted text>
Or you could read the comments of the US Attorney (who happens to be a black man) who puts it all on the time line.
LOL That's the same link that I just posted.

“you know you want me ”

Dodge city

#553 Sep 19, 2007
Beach Bum wrote:
<quoted text>
OK SO WHATS YOUR POINT IT'S THE SAME THING BASICLY THAT I PUT IN ,all i'm saying is both white and black students are guilty of fighting so why should one set get punished and the others not fair is fair right?

“you know you want me ”

Dodge city

#554 Sep 19, 2007
biker wrote:
<quoted text>
and on that that looks like a DA trying to cover his azz best as he could especially when he avoided the last question which has been reported by so many news reports and others the statement he made i can change your life with the stroke of a pen and how Convenient they would change the court date from tomorrow to nov26 i see your point but this prosecutor is full of shiit and lying his azz off! this whole thing was racially motivated and he knows it! where did you find your info on the other fights i would like to see that as you can see the public is not getting the whole story and they should be then every one here wouldn't be fighting like cats and dogs,this thread needs the truth be fore it turns into an all out racial war as it has in here i am not here to fight you i am only trying to get the truth out and the facts as best as i can find them i encourage all to do the same

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Olla man arrested after allegedly posing as off... (Aug '09) Nov 29 WTH didIjusRead 24
Rapides narcotics agents say meth ring had ties... (Apr '10) Nov 29 Marglob 31
GSU president orders 'hanging photo' off Web (Oct '07) Nov 23 USAmerican 2
Town of Ball Again (May '14) Nov '14 ballcitizen 2
Looking for Old Classmate Oct '14 Marked Tree Class... 1
Analysis: La. Lawmaker targets speed traps (May '08) Oct '14 peanut 52
The Race Is On Sep '14 Local Esq 1
Jena Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Jena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jena News, Events & Info