Town of Ball Again
SHAKE MY HEAD

Pineville, LA

#1 May 15, 2014
Ball police chief calls for officer to be terminated 2nd time in a month. Personal reason why YES I do believe that is the reason Chief is threatened by his outstanding job as an Officer. Imagine what Officer Ussery can do as Chief for the town. Hell Id try to fire him too if I was running against him.
Posted: May 15, 2014 10:35 AM
Updated: May 15, 2014 11:37 AM
BALL, La.(KALB News Channel 5)- For the second time in a month, Ball Chief of Police Melvin Williams is trying to fire officer Nathaniel Ussrey.
The town council has called for a public meeting Monday at 2pm.
News Channel 5 confirmed this meeting with Chief Williams but he would not say what Ussrey is being charged with.
On April 14, Chief Williams failed at his first attempt to try to fire the officer. The chief said, at that time, that Ussrey accessed personal information about him using an internal system. But, the council found that the chief did not conduct the investigation the correct way and the charges were dropped. Ussrey's attorney called the investigation "politically motivated" because he announced that he plans to run against Williams to become the next chief.
News Channel 5 will be at the meeting Monday afternoon and have the latest that night.
ballcitizen

Alexandria, LA

#2 Nov 5, 2014
SHAKE MY HEAD wrote:
Ball police chief calls for officer to be terminated 2nd time in a month. Personal reason why YES I do believe that is the reason Chief is threatened by his outstanding job as an Officer. Imagine what Officer Ussery can do as Chief for the town. Hell Id try to fire him too if I was running against him.
Posted: May 15, 2014 10:35 AM
Updated: May 15, 2014 11:37 AM
BALL, La.(KALB News Channel 5)- For the second time in a month, Ball Chief of Police Melvin Williams is trying to fire officer Nathaniel Ussrey.
The town l has called for a public meeting Monday at 2pm.
News Channel 5 confirmed this meeting with Chief Williams but he would not say what Ussrey is being charged with.
On April 14, Chief Williams failed at his first attempt to try to fire the officer. The chief said, at that time, that Ussrey accessed personal information about him using an internal system. But, the council found that the chief did not conduct the investigation the correct way and the charges were dropped. Ussrey's attorney called the investigation "politically motivated" because he announced that he plans to run against Williams to become the next chief.
News Channel 5 will be at the meeting Monday afternoon and have the latest that night.
Sounds like Nate has been spending more time visiting drug dealers rather than arresting them, which is the reason why most are still on the street in Ball. Corrupt will vote for corrupt. Nate has been fired for his doings, which is a reminder to all if he cannot perform a job protecting the public as a police officer then why in the world would we want him to be our police chief. True that anyone can go around making accusations to slander someone's name but the facts do come out. Chief Melvin Williams has done a great job as our police chief and will continue to do so. If Nate Ussery is elected then rest assured the people of the Town of Ball are in for trouble.
Doitnow

Dallas, TX

#3 Sep 21, 2016
ballcitizen wrote:
<quoted text>

Sounds like Nate has been spending more time visiting drug dealers rather than arresting them, which is the reason why most are still on the street in Ball. Corrupt will vote for corrupt. Nate has been fired for his doings, which is a reminder to all if he cannot perform a job protecting the public as a police officer then why in the world would we want him to be our police chief. True that anyone can go around making accusations to slander someone's name but the facts do come out. Chief Melvin Williams has done a great job as our police chief and will continue to do so. If Nate Ussery is elected then rest assured the people of the Town of Ball are in for trouble.
And look at how it's all come to light now... ussery has been arrested for malfeasance. His dirty corrupt ways have caught up to him. Williams wasn't trying to get rid of him cause he was threatened. It's cause he knew what a piece of shit he was. I hope the idiots of ball realize now the dumb mistake they made.
Where is the evidence

Alexandria, LA

#4 Apr 17, 2017
If Ussery was arrested as you allege then how come it wasn't on the news. If he was arrested then why doesn't the rapides parish detention center have him listed as being booked. If Ussery was arrested why is he still chief. When someone gets arrested with malfeasance charges states police usually is the one that does it and when it happens they can't be an official in that office. So where is your evidence he was arrested if he is still chief. Let's see he has more officers, he has the motorcycle running the roads, and I saw a ball police K-9 searching a vehicle the other day. Wow sounds like Chief Ussery is doing a hell of a job. Keep it up chief.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 27 suspects arrested in Alexandria prostitution... (Sep '09) Aug 3 justbeurself 23
does anybody know a Nichole Cowan (Dec '16) Jun '17 TipsyFromCentralC... 4
ISO house to rent that is done through housing... May '17 ABC 9100 1
What became of Leah Wilson? (Oct '12) May '17 Bumper 2
Looking for Linda M. Of Georgetown May '17 ABC 9100 1
ball foods (Jul '14) Apr '17 kikuser 3
Too much trash in Ball (Feb '17) Apr '17 Where is the evid... 3

Jena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jena Mortgages