Black Leaders Equate 'Jena 6 Thugs' t...

Black Leaders Equate 'Jena 6 Thugs' to Rosa Parks, Talk Show Host Says

There are 30 comments on the Crosswalk story from Oct 22, 2007, titled Black Leaders Equate 'Jena 6 Thugs' to Rosa Parks, Talk Show Host Says. In it, Crosswalk reports that:

“This hearing was an absolute disgrace”

A black conservative leader is taking liberal black leaders to task for "attempting to recreate the civil rights movement by equating the 'Jena 6 thugs' to Rosa Parks." Rev. via Crosswalk

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Crosswalk.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
hydesrox

Rochester, NY

#1 Oct 23, 2007
All I can say is HEAR HEAR! About time someone called the Jena La situation for what it really is.
Larry

Savannah, GA

#2 Oct 23, 2007
People are trying to turn it into a circus and have made it so! I was raised in Jena,yes sometimes you got a second chance but you earned by your actions!
The older I get I Get a bad taste in my mouth for the news they are not accountable for what they say,when is the last time someone sued them?
I just hope noone gets hurt from their actions!
anya

AOL

#3 Oct 29, 2007
the only thing that reflects the rosa parks situation is the fact that rosa was bullied to move from her seat by a white man and she refused; and the white kids was bullied by black kids to move from their seat and they refused.
but some how the whites were wrong in both cases and the blacks are the poor victims. that my people is a DOUBLE STANDARD!!!
as for the nooses, it is so convenient that now the black community is offended when they havn't been in the past with holloween decorations and high school and college noose hanging with the rivals mascot.
i just don't buy the blacks sob stories anymore. they are only offended or play the race crutch when they try to detour public attention away from their criminals.
sasha

United States

#4 Oct 29, 2007
anya you sound like a fool, what are you talking about? What white kids were bullied???? are you talking about the ones who hung the noose to begin with and then as a result of their actions got their asses kicked? We are tired of white people getting away with this type of behavior and so if we haven't complained about NOOSES before then it's a bout time that we stand up and tell people like you that your sense of humor will no longer be tolerated because clearly only white people get their jollies out of hanging nooses
Erin

United States

#5 Oct 29, 2007
Its very unfortunate when this case is discussed and people are not provided with all the information. Its very interesting to hear them talking about Double Standards in the Jena case, because thats actually what brought this town into the national spotlight.
The principle asked for the children tho hung them to be expelled. When the went before the school board, the board only allowed one black students parent to speak.
The DA was asked to come to the school after the noose incident, during the assembly he told the black kids with the stroke of a pen I can make your life miserable or ruin your life.
A fight between a white and black student resulted in the white student breaking a bottle over the black student head, he(the white student) was charged with simple battery( a mis-demeanor). Doesnt anyone find it interested that someone breaking a bottle over another's head is charged with a mis-demeanor however a tennis shoe is considered a deadly weapon and using one gets you charged with attempted murder?
The same black student( who had his head smashed with the bottle) had a gun pulled on him by a white student, when the black student wrestled the gun away from him, the black student was charged with theft. Ummmm, so pulling a gun on someone warrants no charge but when you wrestle it away you get charged with theft? Are these the double standards everyone is talking about?
anya

AOL

#6 Oct 30, 2007
sasha wrote:
anya you sound like a fool, what are you talking about? What white kids were bullied???? are you talking about the ones who hung the noose to begin with and then as a result of their actions got their asses kicked? We are tired of white people getting away with this type of behavior and so if we haven't complained about NOOSES before then it's a bout time that we stand up and tell people like you that your sense of humor will no longer be tolerated because clearly only white people get their jollies out of hanging nooses
well first off the kid that got beat by the 6 did not have nothing to do with the nooses. secondly the blacks were bullying the white kids that set by a the tree. one of them even tried to make the princible make them move like they were doing something wrong when they wasn't bothering no one. the black kids started all the race crap because the white kids didn't hand over to them. do you have a right to sit somewhere with out being intruded upon? if so, so do the white kids. if it were a group of cheer leaders sitting there and a fat girl wanted to force herself into their click, would we be here?
as for what you will or won't put up with, the last time i checked i lived in a free country and if you don't like what you see or hear you can walk the fu** away. you can tell people all day long that you don't like something but it is still their choice in a free society to do or not to do. i see crap all the time i don't like or don't believe in done by others but it's their right to do it as long as it's not against the law. so jump off your soap box and quit taking yourself so seriously and let people live their life freely.
but i have to ask, did you come up with your idea or was it planted in you mind by your masters AS and JJ. because it is really convient how all of a sudden you become offended when the black community wants to twist things to make them selves the victim. could you just save us all some trouble and give us a list of the things that offend the black community. oh' my bad you couldn't do that because they keep changing; don't they?
anya

AOL

#7 Oct 30, 2007
Erin wrote:
Its very unfortunate when this case is discussed and people are not provided with all the information. Its very interesting to hear them talking about Double Standards in the Jena case, because thats actually what brought this town into the national spotlight.
The principle asked for the children tho hung them to be expelled. When the went before the school board, the board only allowed one black students parent to speak.
The DA was asked to come to the school after the noose incident, during the assembly he told the black kids with the stroke of a pen I can make your life miserable or ruin your life.
A fight between a white and black student resulted in the white student breaking a bottle over the black student head, he(the white student) was charged with simple battery( a mis-demeanor). Doesnt anyone find it interested that someone breaking a bottle over another's head is charged with a mis-demeanor however a tennis shoe is considered a deadly weapon and using one gets you charged with attempted murder?
The same black student( who had his head smashed with the bottle) had a gun pulled on him by a white student, when the black student wrestled the gun away from him, the black student was charged with theft. Ummmm, so pulling a gun on someone warrants no charge but when you wrestle it away you get charged with theft? Are these the double standards everyone is talking about?
there are private property laws...the black kid was on private property causing trouble. but i'm sure you would look over that. and self defense laws...the white man at the store that pulled the unloaded gun was in self defense.
Erin

United States

#8 Oct 30, 2007
anya wrote:
<quoted text>there are private property laws...the black kid was on private property causing trouble. but i'm sure you would look over that. and self defense laws...the white man at the store that pulled the unloaded gun was in self defense.
The gun incident happened in a parking lot at a convenience store. How is it self defense when you have time to run away from the situation, get your gun out of your car, and come back? I am aware of the self defense laws, they are intended to prevent someone from entering a place by use of deadly force? Please tell me where the young black man was entering? Are you saying the young white man "owned" the parking lot????
Teaches in Jena

Lake Village, AR

#9 Oct 30, 2007
Try reading this. It will give everyone all of the details that don't make "good press."

http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/1024/p09s01-coo...
Erin

United States

#10 Oct 30, 2007
Teaches in Jena wrote:
Try reading this. It will give everyone all of the details that don't make "good press."
http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/1024/p09s01-coo...
Unfortunately this wasn't written by a non-biased person. And there seem to be a couple discrepancies:

The committee further concluded that the three young teens had no knowledge that nooses symbolize the terrible legacy of the lynchings of countless blacks in American history.

There is no mention in the article of how the committee would only allow one of the black parents to speak up at the meeting. Oh and I call BS on kids in this town have "no idea" that nooses were used to lynch people. I guess history is not taught in Jena?

Instead, according to Walters, "two or three girls, white girls, were chit-chatting on their cellphones or playing with their cellphones right in the middle of my dissertation.

The writer does not mention that the DA was looking at the black students not the white girls when making this statement.

Myth 10: Jena 6 as Model Youth.
Not many people have said this. Even the LA doctor who bailed Mychal Bell out said he needs to be punished but he should be punished fairly.

Finally in regards tothe fight the poster makes no mention of the law, saying that a tennis shoe is a deadly weapon, is how the DA was able to charge them with attempted murder. The poster also doesnt mention the racial slurs the victim hurled at the Jena 6, or the victim going to a party the same evening he was admitted to the hospital.

I love hearing all the facts, but don't you think someone should provide all the information in order for people to make an accurate determination?
LaSalle Parish Resident

Richmond Hill, GA

#11 Oct 30, 2007
Erin, you need to read this:

http://www.thejenatimes.net/Chronological_Ord...

It gives more details. You will see that you have believed some media fantasies, such as Robert Bailey having a beer bottle broken over his head, and have misunderstood how some things actually happened, as in the Gotta Go incident. The black boys approached the Windham boy as he got out of his truck...that is how he had "time" to get his gun out.

Also, Sasha said, "What white kids were bullied???? are you talking about the ones who hung the noose to begin with and then as a result of their actions got their asses kicked?" This is not the way it happened at all...FYI, Justin Barker (the boy that the Jena 6 attacked) had NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with the nooses (or any of the other incidents, either), and the nooses were not directed toward blacks.

Please, people, inform yourselves before you get all stoked up with "righteous anger". It may turn out to be misplaced.

Also...who made you the judge of who is a "non-biased person"? Craig Franklin is a decent man, not a racist, and he has been reporting on all this from the beginning, using police reports (taken from witnesses), court documents, etc. There is absolutely no one else who knows more about the whole mess than he does besides God. If a black person wrote about it, would HE be "non-biased"? Not necessarily. But have you read what Jason Whitlock had to say? Or does he not qualify as "non-biased" because he doesn't agree with the black racists? The whole problem with some blacks is that they want to re-live the "glory days" of the civil rights movement, maybe get their names or pictures in a history book or something....this is what Jesse and Al are after, NOT justice.
Erin

United States

#12 Oct 30, 2007
LaSalle Parish Resident wrote:
Erin, you need to read this:
http://www.thejenatimes.net/Chronological_Ord...
It gives more details. You will see that you have believed some media fantasies, such as Robert Bailey having a beer bottle broken over his head, and have misunderstood how some things actually happened, as in the Gotta Go incident. The black boys approached the Windham boy as he got out of his truck...that is how he had "time" to get his gun out.
Also, Sasha said, "What white kids were bullied???? are you talking about the ones who hung the noose to begin with and then as a result of their actions got their asses kicked?" This is not the way it happened at all...FYI, Justin Barker (the boy that the Jena 6 attacked) had NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with the nooses (or any of the other incidents, either), and the nooses were not directed toward blacks.
Please, people, inform yourselves before you get all stoked up with "righteous anger". It may turn out to be misplaced.
Also...who made you the judge of who is a "non-biased person"? Craig Franklin is a decent man, not a racist, and he has been reporting on all this from the beginning, using police reports (taken from witnesses), court documents, etc. There is absolutely no one else who knows more about the whole mess than he does besides God. If a black person wrote about it, would HE be "non-biased"? Not necessarily. But have you read what Jason Whitlock had to say? Or does he not qualify as "non-biased" because he doesn't agree with the black racists? The whole problem with some blacks is that they want to re-live the "glory days" of the civil rights movement, maybe get their names or pictures in a history book or something....this is what Jesse and Al are after, NOT justice.
I would be happy to read a publication that did not come from Jena. The town of Jena is trying to save its reputation. They are all over the news saying " we don't have racial problems". I didn't see one Caucasian resident of Jena acknowledging the racial problems, everyone is just trying to save face. Even the white residents of the Atlanta area acknowledge the racial issues. And for the record I don't follow AL or Jesse. I heard about this situation way before they were all over the TV.
LaSalle Parish Resident

Richmond Hill, GA

#13 Oct 30, 2007
Erin wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be happy to read a publication that did not come from Jena. The town of Jena is trying to save its reputation. They are all over the news saying " we don't have racial problems". I didn't see one Caucasian resident of Jena acknowledging the racial problems, everyone is just trying to save face. Even the white residents of the Atlanta area acknowledge the racial issues. And for the record I don't follow AL or Jesse. I heard about this situation way before they were all over the TV.
This is pretty ridiculous...anything that would be factual would of necessity HAVE to come from Jena in the first place, even if it were published in some other newspaper or magazine.

My friend Eddie, who actually said to CNN's cameras when this all first started, "Sure, there's racism in Jena...but no more than any other place in America" ended up having the second part of his statement cut off when it was aired. It caused him no small amount of tension in his own home town. He never talked to the CNN again after that, and declined to be on Dr. Phil because of all that. CNN also lied to another friend of mine, Don Smith, the Fire Chief. They were trying to get him to talk about the arson at Jena High, and he said he couldn't comment because it was still under investigation. They told him the investigation was closed. He knew it wasn't and told them so...they changed the subject. He decided not to help them out, either.

You could read what Jason Whitlock had to say...he investigated the facts and wrote about it. All you'd have to do, if you really wanted to know more, is Google it.

Are any of you aware that the town council of Jena voted a few weeks ago to form a committee to study race relations in Jena? They are not unwilling to face racial problems...they're just saying that the events related to THIS particular case have been blown out of proportion and distorted by outside media (example - your thinking that Robert Bailey had a beer bottle smashed over his head), and that the charges were NOT racially motivated.

This unwillingness to accept anything said by any white person in Jena smacks of paranoia.

For the record, I happen to think Rosa Parks was a very brave woman, and that it was a disgrace to make black people sit in the backs of buses.
LaSalle Parish Resident

Richmond Hill, GA

#14 Oct 30, 2007
Here is a link that was posted in another thread on the Jena forum:

http://www.9news.com/news/world/article.aspx...
LaSalle Parish Resident

Richmond Hill, GA

#15 Oct 30, 2007
The Alexandria Town Talk has been reporting pretty closely on all this also. You can do a search on Jena 6 or Mychal Bell and find stuff:

www.thetowntalk.com
Erin

United States

#16 Oct 30, 2007
LaSalle Parish Resident wrote:
<quoted text>

This unwillingness to accept anything said by any white person in Jena smacks of paranoia.
Don't put words in my mouth. I will not accept anything from the Jena publication because they are not able to remain objective. Again I am willing to read more information about an outside source.
LaSalle Parish Resident

Richmond Hill, GA

#17 Oct 30, 2007
So you think CNN or other national media that feeds off of controversy is objective?*sigh*

About the article referenced in the "9news" link above...a little "inside" info":

The Anthony Jackson that is quoted is a black teacher at Jena High. He lives in "Snob Hill", the most exclusive neighborhood in Jena. Not dissin' his right to be there, just saying it can be done. Heck, I can't even afford to live there, and never will....but I'm not complaining, just saying that everyone has to make their own way, and Anthony chose that path (I don't, not that I don't have a nice enough home) and made it. Good for him, and good for any other black person in Jena who chooses to work toward that kind of life...it can be done. Unfortunately, it takes hard work, commitment to education, and staying out of trouble with the law, and many blacks in Jena are just not willing to take that route, apparently.

The Cleveland Riser who is quoted in that article, complaining that he was held back in his profession because he is black, does not seem to be the brightest bulb on the porch. He wrote a letter to the editor in the past year or so, and you never saw such an incoherent, grammatically garbled mess of a writing in all your life. I actually wondered, when I read it, how he managed to get to be as high up as he did. So maybe it's just slightly possible that his being "held back" had more to do with his intellect than it did with his race.

So anyway, are you aware that there was a lengthy investigation by the U.S. Justice Department into all the matters pertaining to this, and they held a VERY public meeting (it probably was reported on by the Town Talk), and explained that they found NO irregularities in the way any of it was handled? The U.S. Attorney who led the investigation is black. Is that "non-biased" enough for you?
LaSalle Parish Resident

Richmond Hill, GA

#18 Oct 30, 2007
Ok, here's an example of "non-biased" baloney from a source that is not from Jena:

"But Walters' refusal to charge other whites in the town who attacked blacks with similar crimes prompted national civil rights leaders, joined by more than 20,000 demonstrators who marched through Jena on Sept. 20, to assert that the town's justice system was biased."

This came from a page that someone else posted a link to (Baltimore Sun). It strongly implies that there were other white-on-black crimes during this time that were EQUAL to what the Jena 6 did to Justin Barker, and "it just ain't so". The Chronological Order of Events I posted previously will explain this.

So much for "non-biased" sources.
Teaches in Jena

Lake Village, AR

#19 Oct 30, 2007
If you would rather read something not from Jena, then Google "Jason Whitlock". He is an African American sports columnist for the Kansas City Star, I believe. This is the link to his most recent article concerning the events in Jena - http://www.kansascity.com/602/story/296701.ht...

Yes, we do teach history - the same watered down, politically correct garbage that they teach everywhere.
hydesrox

Rochester, NY

#20 Oct 30, 2007
I wonder what would happen if every Caucasian in Jena just came out and admitted that they were all racist and that yes, Bell was railroaded because he's black. What would be the NAACP's reaction? How would the African American community in Jena react? Is this what's being asked for? That every white person - from the working man/woman on up to the local government - confess that they are all racist?

I wonder...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for place to rent in Olla, Urania or Tu... (Apr '15) Mar 20 cass101 6
News Rapides narcotics agents say meth ring had ties... (Apr '10) Feb 25 Davis 39
Too much trash in Ball Feb '17 Bresidentforlife 2
Georgetown Police Department: The Likes & Dislikes (Jan '09) Dec '16 Disappointed woman 20
Still paying his taxes chris kimball (Mar '16) Dec '16 Ex of Chris kimball 4
does anybody know a Nichole Cowan Dec '16 badass2222 1
News Olla man arrested after allegedly posing as off... (Aug '09) Dec '16 felicity 27

Jena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jena Mortgages