Racial Tension Remains: Aggravated Ba...

Racial Tension Remains: Aggravated Battery Case Tossed Out

There are 10 comments on the ABC News story from Sep 18, 2007, titled Racial Tension Remains: Aggravated Battery Case Tossed Out. In it, ABC News reports that:

“It sent a message: 'This is not the place for you to sit. This is not your damn tree. Do not sit here.'”

It almost came down to the wire. Mychal Bell, 17, was scheduled to be sentenced next Thursday for his conviction in the beating of a white high school schoolmate. via ABC News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABC News.

June Mitchell MEd

Houston, TX

#1 Sep 18, 2007
As a native African American Louisianan and now a college professor, I can't believe the same problems exist today that were prevalent when I was a child growing up in the '50s.
I am ashamed to know that Louisiana has the 2nd highest of illiteracy in the nation and you have people sitting around fighing about a tree where "WHITE" students are only allowed to sit. This is digusting as well as ridiculous. Please ask the Governor and President Bush for programs to alleviate the "ILLITERACY".
LHM

AOL

#2 Sep 18, 2007
It is wrong that they are fighting over somthing so stupid, but we are devided its not just there it,s every were. I'm from Los Angeles and I moved to Lousisana wish I wouldn't have its bad out here people are still separated in color.Jena is a racist town. It comes from the home first If teach your child hate they will learn it. Whats wrong with our country.My son was beaten by jena correctional offers and nothing was done to them at all him and others that wasn't right.its everywhere on your jobs.Open your eye's see we look with our eye's shut so some of us cant see don't get me wrong there are some people who like other races. There are so many undercover people out there you don't know who they are.They are pretenders!!!!!!. And you are right June from texas they need Programs for "ILLITERACY". My youngest son is in college and doing fine. My oldest moved after strom and I told him do not ever come back here to LIVE He is better off where he is. I lost a son out here to murder and another to the system because of stupid people I came out here My kids were good kids and A'B Students and when someone dicided they wanted to take my sons life on christmas Day It changed everything over a Jacket.1991 rip. Michael Rowe Jr.16 gone college bound gone.It ghanged my other sons life he didnt deal with it to well.So back to To that high school Its sas nothing happened to that other kid why did he have that gun If that would have been one of us there is no way we would have gotten away with it. So you see the world is messed up law, goverment,peole,WE learn what we are taught!!!Peace and may "GOD BLESS US ALL".
dimples01

Clemmons, NC

#3 Sep 18, 2007
This is the craziest thang that i have every heard if the people don't know it by we (afro-AMERICANS) are not going back to them old daze so just tell the good ol boys to come and ride this thing on out cause we ain't havin it. This is the very thing that Martin L. King and all those cats fought for and if you think we just gonna let this pass you are in for a big shock.
lari blakeney

Pineville, NC

#4 Sep 19, 2007
This matter has existed for decades and it may never end. The citizens of Jena are so fed-up until they feel like theirs no hope for this town, But I believe that one day our white brothers and sisters will see the light.Because if you continue to confirm this type of hatered you will lose more than you bargain for .your children and there children and there children will be the ones who will suffer the most.God created all of us not some, not a little, but all of us. Stop being fools and wake up people. Our country is at war with another country.Is treating people with love and acceptance to much to ask.these young men deserve a chance at life,the same way some once gave you a chance at life.Free these young men and let your hate for other races go.Jim Crowe`s law is not coming back .Stop the violence, life really is to short.
borodave

United States

#5 Sep 20, 2007
Stop the violence?! Tell that to those six guys that had that one guy on the ground while all six of them kicked and beat him. He ended up with a concussion and was very lucky. What if they had killed him? I can easily see where they might be charged with attempted murder.
fed up

Austin, TX

#6 Sep 20, 2007
Are you freaking kidding me? Here we go again with the "DIRTY" south. Seems to me racism will never go away. All of the southern states should Not be able to have thier own laws they are all a bunch of white trash inbred pieces of pure white crap.I wish the 6 people charged would have killed that ***king white bastard who actually did something wrong. How many innocent black people have been murdered by white bitches? Oh my fucking hell, when black people stand up for themselves for once lets charge the *uck out of them. How many white *ucks got prosecuted after the damn near holocaust of blacks. Yea I said it HOLOCAUST of innocent people! Whites who think they are better than anyone who isn't inbred in the south should all be put in prison or worse!
Beatrice

Prospect, KY

#7 Apr 9, 2009
fed up wrote:
Are you freaking kidding me? Here we go again with the "DIRTY" south. Seems to me racism will never go away. All of the southern states should Not be able to have thier own laws they are all a bunch of white trash inbred pieces of pure white crap.I wish the 6 people charged would have killed that ***king white bastard who actually did something wrong. How many innocent black people have been murdered by white bitches? Oh my fucking hell, when black people stand up for themselves for once lets charge the *uck out of them. How many white *ucks got prosecuted after the damn near holocaust of blacks. Yea I said it HOLOCAUST of innocent people! Whites who think they are better than anyone who isn't inbred in the south should all be put in prison or worse!
How sad it is we couln't have wiped you black retards off the face of the earth. I couldn't care less how much you blacks have suffered at the hands of whites, and I'm sick to death of listening to you blacks whine about it.Since you hate whites, buy yourself a one way plane ticket to Africa.
Confederate Bella

United States

#8 Apr 10, 2009
fed up wrote:
The Holocaust of Black People is being committed in Africa as we speak, in America, and every other country where blacks are predominate. They are killing themselves with everymeans possible, mostly aids epedemics. Blacks like you who think you are better than anyone should try to help your race instead of adding to the cancer that's already killed so many. Blaming everything, everybody, God, Whites, won't make the genocide of blacks any better, only worse, and only quicker. Whites do not have to do anything to blacks, blacks are doing it to themselves, Harlem!
Me and Louis

United States

#9 Apr 10, 2009
Louis Farrakhan has the right answer. To separate the whites from the blacks. What a glorious, wonderful, day that will be! How he plans to finance this is confusing cause even he knows blacks won't get off their lazy asses and try to help him. Which is why his plan has not been put into motion. If blacks had to depend on other blacks for a living, they would have disappered off the face of the earth centuries ago. Why whites put up with these non-evolved neanderthals is one of the mysteries of life! Does anyone question if indeed there was a black slavery period as bad as we have been told, or if this was made up so blacks won't look so disgusting, like what is happening today. It does not pay to study history, cause indeed it is changed long before it makes the books!
Epitome of Success

United States

#10 Apr 10, 2009
June Mitchell MEd wrote:
As a native African American Louisianan and now a college professor, I can't believe the same problems exist today that were prevalent when I was a child growing up in the '50s.
I am ashamed to know that Louisiana has the 2nd highest of illiteracy in the nation and you have people sitting around fighing about a tree where "WHITE" students are only allowed to sit. This is digusting as well as ridiculous. Please ask the Governor and President Bush for programs to alleviate the "ILLITERACY".
Dear June Mitchell, I salute and respect you for not buying into the "Whites are to blame" lie that is destroying young minds that could be college professors like you. Of course the tale about the tree in Jena, La. is not at all what started the fights between the students, but a media spin to add to the trouble at hand. The illiteracy in Louisiana is an embarrasing truth, but I must be honest in saying that the black parents today still do not teach their children how important school is, but mostly hatred for whites, which in turn destroys the child. I have often wonderd why black Scholars and educated blacks who have done so much for themselves are not brought into the schools for young black and white children to teach from an educated point of view just how important learning is. The Black children of today need to be surrounded by people like you and others who can lead them to victory and not hatred. I know Dr. Bill Cosby, the epitome of success, has tried, but met up with resistance from those like Jesse Jackson, and Al Sharpton. Successful Black Americans are respected by todays White Americans much more than is given credit for. I know we all have alot to learn, whites and all races, please take no disrespect for my comments.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Georgetown Police Department: The Likes & Dislikes (Jan '09) Jul '16 Tommie from NY 19
Still paying his taxes chris kimball Jun '16 Brief encounter 3
Butchers Choice (Apr '15) May '16 Rerun 2
Review: Pinnacle Training Center (Oct '13) Apr '16 SummerLovin 49
Looking for place to rent in Olla, Urania or Tu... (Apr '15) Jan '16 Looking 3
good head. (Jun '15) Jan '16 watash 3
Poll who put the hoe list up in olla la (Dec '08) Jan '16 InterestedViewer 13

Jena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jena Mortgages