House considers whether to allow bolo...

House considers whether to allow bolo ties

There are 22 comments on the KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico story from Jan 27, 2009, titled House considers whether to allow bolo ties. In it, KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico reports that:

New Mexico's official state tie may finally find acceptance in the House of Representatives.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
WhirlyGig

Levelland, TX

#1 Jan 27, 2009
It's no wonder our state is in a financial crisis. They're spending money and time worrying about what they're wearing.
Oh, I do love those boots! They are just fabulous and they match your bolo!
America Will Remember

United States

#2 Jan 27, 2009
Oh my God! How much tax money is going toward this debate?

How frick'n stupid.
richard

Tijeras, NM

#3 Jan 27, 2009
GIVE ME A FRIGGEN BREAK.
Stop wasting my money on what to wear.
Throw them all in the Rio Grande Gorge and start over. I'm sorry, that's not enviromentaly correct but its a good idea.
Uh Huh

Florence, AL

#4 Jan 27, 2009
Why does it matter what kind of tie they wear, seriously they should wear anything that they feel comfortable in, these freaks called humans are weird, OH yeah no white socks with those slacks...

WASTE OF MONEY FIX SOME ROADS UH HUHHHHHHH

“Can You Handle The Truth”

Since: Aug 08

Santa Fe

#5 Jan 28, 2009
Hey as long as they are discussing bolo ties they are not trying to figure how to separate you from your money.

We should be so lucky to have it as a hot, controversial topic. This would really distract the narrow mined boneheads until the end of the session.

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

#6 Jan 28, 2009
The threat of this legislation should not be underestimated. If they allow bolo ties in the House of Representatives, what will be next in their conspiracy to undermine the social fabric of society in N.M. as we know it today?
NotToWorry

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Jan 28, 2009
Jighead wrote:
Hey as long as they are discussing bolo ties they are not trying to figure how to separate you from your money.
We should be so lucky to have it as a hot, controversial topic. This would really distract the narrow mined boneheads until the end of the session.
The reason they are discussing bolo ties is beacause they already know how to seperate you from your money!

“NO EXCEPTIONS NO EXCUSES”

Since: Jan 09

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Jan 28, 2009
Why is this news? Who cares
NativesOnly

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Jan 28, 2009
Since this measure was sponsored by Rep. James Roger Madalena, D-Jemez Pueblo, I would have to assume that all bolo ties must have turquoise stones and be made only by Sovereign Nation residents.
the almighty dollar

Iowa City, IA

#10 Jan 28, 2009
If someone is riding the railroader to Santa Fe and sees one of the legislators wearing a bolo tie, can they take a picture of it?

Come on guys ad gals, LETS WASTE MORE TIME AND MONEY ON THIS KIND OF ****!
awed by the stupidity

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Jan 28, 2009
oh good grief...aren't there more important things to worry about? I don't know what's worse..the fact that this is even an issue OR the fact that somebody thought this was newsworthy. It just couldn't get any dumber.
Robert Montoya

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Jan 28, 2009
The issue of bolo ties has been reviewed and the official New Mexico tie ha been adopted. I don't see why the official ties can not be worn.
Robert Montoya

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Jan 28, 2009
Regarding the wearing of bolo ties I agree with the majority of the coments I have read. Let's stop wasting time and money and effort on wearing apparel and fix our economic and financial mess that is hurting the people of New Mexico
lucy

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Jan 28, 2009
wow bolo ties and cheese sandwhiches!!! if only that was the only thing wrong with our state!
bikemanster

Los Alamos, NM

#15 Jan 28, 2009
The legalization of the bolo tie is a rejection of notions of Eastern propriety and formality. It will underscore New Mexico's friendly informality and emphasize our cultural heritage. I say make the Native made bolo tie mandatory and outlaw the Ivy League power tie. Up with Bolo down with Polo.

“Judgy not lest ye be judgied!”

Farmington, NM

#16 Jan 28, 2009
No reason to do a costly study, cripes. Bolos are cool though.

“hardcore engine revver”

Since: Dec 07

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Jan 28, 2009
I sent them a request to discuss other great New Mexico fasion.... Wearing socks with Teva's, Bald men with pony tails....
Sluggo

Santa Fe, NM

#18 Jan 28, 2009
60 day session to debate the attributes of a Bolo Tie...

This is why they don't want Web Cams.

“26.2”

Santa Fe, NM

#19 Jan 28, 2009
I think they should pass a law that legislators are allowed to wear only their underwear, and Tevas with socks, while in the Chambers. Just imagine how swift and efficient the legislature would conduct business with a dress code like that.

“26.2”

Santa Fe, NM

#20 Jan 28, 2009
evil todd wrote:
I sent them a request to discuss other great New Mexico fasion.... Wearing socks with Teva's, Bald men with pony tails....
Fat, bald guys with pony tails, doesn't that define a Harley rider?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jemez Pueblo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does anyone know him? (Aug '13) Dec '16 gridirongranny 3
News Arrest made in fatal shooting in Albuquerque pa... Sep '16 Chantall 1
News Maggie Toulouse Oliver runs for SOS seat (Aug '16) Aug '16 Gary J 12
micheal cortez (Oct '07) Jul '16 Manny horses 7
Zia Pueblo Music Thread (Sep '15) Jul '16 Musikologist 3
News Pueblo becomes latest tribe to buy swath of anc... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Abdhul 1
News Mourners recall happy boy at memorial service (May '09) Jun '16 Raymond S 59

Jemez Pueblo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jemez Pueblo Mortgages