State tackles pollutants in Jemez Mou...

State tackles pollutants in Jemez Mountain streams

There are 5 comments on the The Santa Fe New Mexican story from Jun 9, 2009, titled State tackles pollutants in Jemez Mountain streams. In it, The Santa Fe New Mexican reports that:

In 2005, New Mexico Environment Department staff tested water in dozens of places on Jemez Mountain streams and found 34 new violations of state water-quality standards.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Santa Fe New Mexican.

Khal Spencer

Santa Fe, NM

#1 Jun 9, 2009
What are baseline levels?
chatterbox87501

United States

#2 Jun 9, 2009
Khal Spencer wrote:
What are baseline levels?
I think those are the baseline levels.

I'm surprised that they are trying to take actions that may restrict the use of the forest based on baseline data.
Gary A King - SWQB-NMED

Santa Fe, NM

#3 Jun 10, 2009
Romanoff

United States

#4 Jun 10, 2009
This is the most stupid report on water quality that I have ever seen.

Reporting high levels of metals, originating from natural mineral sources, the Jemez Mountains are of volcanic origin; and the mention of high temperatures- from the natural hotsprings that dot the area, and are often the headwaters of the various tributaries in the mountains.

The only thing one can take away from this is "Don't drink the surface water, which is just common sense."

There is no news here, just a waste of money.
chatterbox87501

Los Alamos, NM

#5 Jun 10, 2009
Gary A King - SWQB-NMED wrote:
Can we comment on-line?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jemez Pueblo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If Love is a crime, i want to be wanted Apr 24 Duke 1
Zia Pueblo Music Thread (Sep '15) Mar '17 Musikologist 4
Does anyone know him? (Aug '13) Dec '16 gridirongranny 3
News Arrest made in fatal shooting in Albuquerque pa... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Chantall 1
News Maggie Toulouse Oliver runs for SOS seat (Aug '16) Aug '16 Gary J 12
micheal cortez (Oct '07) Jul '16 Manny horses 7
News Pueblo becomes latest tribe to buy swath of anc... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Abdhul 1

Jemez Pueblo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jemez Pueblo Mortgages