The Fort Sill Apache Tribe trying to build a casino in NM is like watching someone screw your sister. What BS. The indians are taking advantage of anything they can to open a casino and get money.
If indian tribes have casino's they should lose all rights with the BIA, meaning, the tribe would no longer receive a minimum of $30K a year for EACH member, free health care through a series of BIA run hospitals and free housing on the res.
In their ads the Fort Sill indians fail to mention that they NEVER lived in NM and the only reason they want to build there is because the dirt was cheap with a high return because of the interstate.
The indians are only trying to screw people and that really needs to be seen.
Tribes can not lose any rights with the BIA because the various treaties between the Tribes and the Federal government. So unless the government is going to return all the land back to the Tribes as it was before the treaties came into effect, we’re stuck with it.
Get your facts straight, because:
1) Not every Native gets $30K from their Tribe, even if the do have a casino. Not even close.
2) Hospitals and clinics are run under the Indian Health Service, an agency under the Department of Health & Human Services, not the BIA or the Department of the Interior.
3) Housing is provided by the Tribes, usually with assistance with the Department of Housing & Urban Development, not the BIA or the Department of the Interior, and it’s not free either.
4) The Chiricahua Apache are historically from that part of New Mexico & Arizona. The land that they want to put the Akela casino is on their land that was placed into trust by the Federal government for the Chiricahua Apaches.
5) Natives have been getting screwed over by the Federal & state governments from the get-go and continues to this day, which, apparently, you and others fail to see. Or is it that you refuse to see it?