NM House allows lawmakers to wear bol...

NM House allows lawmakers to wear bolo ties (4:09 p.m.)

There are 6 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Jan 29, 2009, titled NM House allows lawmakers to wear bolo ties (4:09 p.m.). In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Bolo harmony in New Mexico, at last. New Mexico lawmakers gained a bit more sartorial freedom on Thursday when the House approved a rules change to allow its members and others to wear bolo ties in the House ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

Priorities

Santa Fe, NM

#1 Jan 29, 2009
I'm so glad they're taking care of the important things.

“I have nothing to say . . .”

Since: Sep 08

Las Cruces, NM

#2 Jan 29, 2009
QUOTE: "I find that we seem a bit more organized and professional than our brothers on the other side. I would like to maintain that," Rodefer said.

A necktie is the reason the House is "more organized and professional"?!? I cannot believe this. One's demeanor is NOT (get it? NOT) a function of one's sartorial preferences. To think so smacks of a limited perspective on the world and human interaction that calls into question the utterer's qualifications to serve the people.

That this "rules change" required debate, that it actually was debated, calls into question the sanity and qualifications of the entire House of "representatives."
Ahh No

Tijeras, NM

#3 Jan 29, 2009
And this is news why........??
Quiet Desperation

Farmington, NM

#4 Jan 29, 2009
Why are you all even running this story? Please tell me that there aren't other stories more interesting and compelling ("Bull Steer Breaks Pen at County Fair Competition") than the likes of this? C'mon, I have got better things to do to find than to out that our Legislature will *now* allow neckties? I'm not an elitist and I admire those who raise livestock (oh how I wish I could....), but crimeny, this story makes one think that the non-livestock folk might
BIG PICTURE

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Jan 29, 2009
How much did this $cost$ us?
Uncle Bobby from way back

Florence, AL

#6 Jan 30, 2009
The very fact they think they have to wear ties when representing us when 80% of us who work don't wear ties...ever... to work, shows just how far out of touch they are. Then to spend there time with this??? Thank God they are watching out for the average Joe huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jemez Pueblo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News High water levels leave big mess for crews at C... May '17 Ron 1
If Love is a crime, i want to be wanted Apr '17 Duke 1
Zia Pueblo Music Thread (Sep '15) Mar '17 Musikologist 4
Does anyone know him? (Aug '13) Dec '16 gridirongranny 3
News Arrest made in fatal shooting in Albuquerque pa... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Chantall 1
News Maggie Toulouse Oliver runs for SOS seat (Aug '16) Aug '16 Gary J 12
micheal cortez (Oct '07) Jul '16 Manny horses 7

Jemez Pueblo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jemez Pueblo Mortgages