FedUpWithLes

Pigeon Forge, TN

#103 Dec 31, 2012
According to the Lafollette Press, Mr. Poston stated he would make a decision regarding bringing Mr. Walden back to Jellico Elementary after Christmas. OK,it's now after Christmas so let's see what the wimp will do. Will he bring Walden back? Will he punish David Douglas? Will he punish Debbie Douglas ( a SECRETARY who yelled/cursed her principal)? My bet is that Donnie Poston will do whatever he is told just like a good little robot should. Anybody have a different opinion?
Do Nothing Donnie

Kodak, TN

#104 Jan 6, 2013
Well, DP lived up to my expectation. The Douglas Duo still reigns supreme at Jellico Elementary and will until THEY decide to leave. This is a shame that the children of Jellico are treated with such disrespect.

Do parents really know and understand what is happening or has it gone on so long that they are immune to it?

This needs to be stopped.
volfan

Mansfield, GA

#105 Jan 6, 2013
I met one of the nicest ladies the other day. Great personality, nice and very respectful. She ask my man and introduced her self. I don't remember her name because I was in total shock when she said debbie was her sister. How can this be...this very nice lady I am talking to is big reds sister??? Mabe they are half sister.....One thing for sure, Big Red should try to be a little more like her sister and not be such a BITCH!
life

Oneida, TN

#106 Jan 6, 2013
You can not judge all family member alike they always a bad one in each family or better yet one that off from the rest of the family just saying
hey now

La Follette, TN

#107 Jan 6, 2013
For anyone that can, some people are bringing this up at the school board meeting on Tuesday night at the courthouse in jacksboro. If you care about your kids, you should be there.
Jellico Born

Kodak, TN

#108 Jan 8, 2013
hey now wrote:
For anyone that can, some people are bringing this up at the school board meeting on Tuesday night at the courthouse in jacksboro. If you care about your kids, you should be there.
I hope Jellico has people there to show we care about our kids and want the Douglas Duo gone.
Be there

Macon, GA

#109 Jan 8, 2013
Meeting is at 6 pm in jacksboro. Should be able to make a stand and still make it back for 8th grade night
Jellico Born

Kodak, TN

#110 Jan 9, 2013
I could not make it (had to worklate). Did anybody attend and if so, what happened?
same old stuff

La Follette, TN

#111 Jan 9, 2013
Jellico Born wrote:
I could not make it (had to worklate). Did anybody attend and if so, what happened?
Just read the WLAF website report. What you got from the board is what you always get, nothing. Sounded like Ms. Thomas was well spoken, even though they did have an extra deputy in case a bunch of people showed. None did. Thought if funny that the attorney said not talk about personnel issues but it was okay for Poston to blast Mr. Walden to the press. Hope Walden sues and wins.
The board also changed their mind about Poston's contract. Now the deals will really get done, see if the friends/relatives of the members that change their votes by next meeting don't get a little something extra.
Jellico Born

Kodak, TN

#112 Jan 10, 2013
I checked WLAF and it makes me sick. The kids in te fifth district have absolutely no rights or respect from our school board. I didn't expect Creekmore to say or do anything but why couldn't Collins at least speak up for the people that voted him "back" into office. These kids are doomed. We are at the mercy of tha group of idiots.
StatusQuo

Pigeon Forge, TN

#113 Jan 10, 2013
Listen, if you expected anything different then you are hallucinating. I am not sure what kind of power that David Douglas and his witch wife have but it has to be more than just their plump, slow witted son in law. When you think of it, the fact that somebody with the intelligence and education of Johnny Creekmore is a school board member (and vice chairman of the board at that) speaks volumes (and not the classics).

I don't know what kind of person the new principal (Angel) is but if the doesn't kiss butt where Big Bad Deb is concerned, he is OUT OF THERE. Wait and see.

They have run two decent men and good principals off so why not three? The only principal that David Douglas has ever liked was his sister Gail (she is seemingly a decent person unlike him). There is nobody else he will like, respect, or support.

After Donnie Poston goes (and he will if he can make it one more year) then maybe we will get a Director who will stand up to those idiots. We might even have enough sense to elect somebody next time other than Blubber Brains Creekmore and that will help even more.

We had better start thinking about our kids before it is too late!
Jellico Born

Knoxville, TN

#114 Jan 13, 2013
StatusQuo wrote:
Listen, if you expected anything different then you are hallucinating. I am not sure what kind of power that David Douglas and his witch wife have but it has to be more than just their plump, slow witted son in law. When you think of it, the fact that somebody with the intelligence and education of Johnny Creekmore is a school board member (and vice chairman of the board at that) speaks volumes (and not the classics).
I don't know what kind of person the new principal (Angel) is but if the doesn't kiss butt where Big Bad Deb is concerned, he is OUT OF THERE. Wait and see.
They have run two decent men and good principals off so why not three? The only principal that David Douglas has ever liked was his sister Gail (she is seemingly a decent person unlike him). There is nobody else he will like, respect, or support.
After Donnie Poston goes (and he will if he can make it one more year) then maybe we will get a Director who will stand up to those idiots. We might even have enough sense to elect somebody next time other than Blubber Brains Creekmore and that will help even more.
We had better start thinking about our kids before it is too late!
Well, I agree with you on what you are saying. There is NO way our kids are getting any consideration from Administration (Central Office or Principals). These people are too busy trying to protect their behinds from whatever is going on in the minds of our esteemed school board.

If it weren't for the fact this is helping to shape the futures of Campbell County's kids, it would be down right comical. Just like living in Peyton Place.
4TheKidsSake

Georgetown, KY

#115 Jan 16, 2013
Jellico Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I agree with you on what you are saying. There is NO way our kids are getting any consideration from Administration (Central Office or Principals). These people are too busy trying to protect their behinds from whatever is going on in the minds of our esteemed school board.
If it weren't for the fact this is helping to shape the futures of Campbell County's kids, it would be down right comical. Just like living in Peyton Place.
This has been said over and over I know. But, could somebody tell me how Debbie and David Douglas have so much power. How can a chubby chick who is barely literate get TWO principals removed in less than a year. How can little DD curse and shove his principal in front of a bunch of kids without being punished (two days suspension is NOT punishment).

How can they do these things and just go on their merry way? HOW?
StatusQuo

Pigeon Forge, TN

#116 Jan 24, 2013
Well, old Donnie Boy isn't going to work his time and draw that maximum retirement even though he kissed ever butt that got stuck into his face. He did what he was told and he still didn't make it. Poor, poor old man. The SOB got what he deserved and he is leaving the position with a whole lot less respect than he went in with. People thought he was a good, moral man who was just weak. Now, they know he is a hypocrite who is weak.

Good riddance!
NoHope4Us

Kodak, TN

#117 Jan 28, 2013
StatusQuo wrote:
Well, old Donnie Boy isn't going to work his time and draw that maximum retirement even though he kissed ever butt that got stuck into his face. He did what he was told and he still didn't make it. Poor, poor old man. The SOB got what he deserved and he is leaving the position with a whole lot less respect than he went in with. People thought he was a good, moral man who was just weak. Now, they know he is a hypocrite who is weak.
Good riddance!
Yeah, he's gone or will be but who will the esteemed board select next? Their great track record tells me that it will be nobody worth a crap. When you look back over the past few years there is nothing positive in their selections. They got rid of the only representation we had from this side of the mountain, David Wright. Did away with his position to save money and then added Johnny Bruce at a greater expense (nobody seems to know what he is supposed to do but he is not capable of getting in out of the rain). Who can ever forget the unforgettable team of Martin and Bundren. Their cost to this county in dollars is great but the cost to our educational system can not be determined. Next came Sharon who seemed to be doing a good job and wasn't afraid to stand up and do her job but they didn't give her a chance. When the time came to select it was POSTON, the good, moral man who stood for decency and the best for the children. Yeah, right! He stood for I'll kiss your butt to Kingdom come if you will just let me keep this contract four years. Show me the money!

There are some people who truly care about these kids but the MAJORITY do not! They are guided by their own inability to not recognize what is being done, simple lack of care, or the guidance of the "good ole boy" mentality that allows people who think they are still a "political force" to influence them and who they vote for.

Wake up fifth district before it is too late. Well, forget that because it is already too late.
Tell em

Batesburg, SC

#118 Jan 29, 2013
Wlaf has a poll on their website trying to rally support for mr Poston as school director. Go to their website and vote no again the good ol boy who won't stand up for what's right. He tried to buy votes and it didn't work. Send him home.
Poll

Seymour, TN

#119 Jan 29, 2013
Somebody start a poll to see who can beat Johnny Crookmore next election, We need to get his butt beat so Debbie can go home and babysit for him.
GoJohnnyGo

Pigeon Forge, TN

#120 Feb 13, 2013
Poll wrote:
Somebody start a poll to see who can beat Johnny Crookmore next election, We need to get his butt beat so Debbie can go home and babysit for him.
Johnny Creekmore will go right back on the board just like Collins did. We people who live in this town are our own worst enemies. Look at our Mayor and all he has done to hurt us. What do we do, NOTHING. There can't possibly be two worse board members than we have; an old man who does nothing but snooze and an almost illiterate chubby boy who thinks he is all knowing. Lord have mercy on our children.
Anonymous

United States

#121 Feb 14, 2013
2500 yes 100 no. Will have as many years as he wants and a pay raise. Keep running your fu*king mouth. Hopefully the Sharon/Walden Jellico groupies will go hide somewhere....cause if not they'll all be gone very soon. This is what you all get for not coming out with real names, going on Topix, and actually showing yourself to the public in trying to get rid of him. You get 2000 people

QUOTE who="StatusQuo"]Well , old Donnie Boy isn't going to work his time and draw that maximum retirement even though he kissed ever butt that got stuck into his face. He did what he was told and he still didn't make it. Poor, poor old man. The SOB got what he deserved and he is leaving the position with a whole lot less respect than he went in with. People thought he was a good, moral man who was just weak. Now, they know he is a hypocrite who is weak.
Good riddance![/QUOT
Creekmore

Knoxville, TN

#122 Feb 15, 2013
You guys need to leave my Mother-in-law alone,She is one of the nicest people I've ever been around. I got 1,500 votes when I run for schoolboard,No one in the 5th district can beat me, So me and my lovely family will be here for as long as we want to be, I've done more for the schools in the 5th district then anyone since uncle JL Davis was on the board. So put your big girl panties on and grow up. Thank You For Your Support,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jellico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sunset trail road 11 hr joe 14
Bad wreck at Newcomb last nite!! 11 hr joe 5
Woman at fasttrax 14 hr The Hunter 23
not many real and honest women left 15 hr The Hunter 6
WHY do the cops let HOKERS walk in jellico park? 15 hr my info 70
signing a birth certificate knowing Tue brains 1
THE jellico chuch of GOD is falling apart!!!!!! Mon goodBOYS 29
Jellico Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Jellico People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jellico News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jellico

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:18 am PST

Bleacher Report 7:18AM
Tennessee Titans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars: Complete Week 16 Preview for Tennesse
NBC Sports12:38 PM
Dexter McCluster out Thursday, likely out Week 17 as well
NBC Sports 2:30 PM
Manziel looking for better showing in second start - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 2:48 PM
Titans RB McCluster ruled out of game vs. Jaguars - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 5:47 PM
Denver Broncos vs. Cincinnati Bengals Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick