old friend

Knoxville, TN

#1 Nov 2, 2012
I just heard she died anyone know if its true if so what happend to her!!!!!
messedup

United States

#2 Nov 3, 2012
she had shot up an opana the rubber ones an it messesd her up
just curious

AOL

#3 Nov 3, 2012
messedup wrote:
she had shot up an opana the rubber ones an it messesd her up
Why dont you people mind your own business? Clean your house before you try to clean someone elses if you will you wont have time to clean theirs.
someonecares

United States

#4 Nov 3, 2012
jessie was like family to me and i will miss her dearly. she made mistakes but who hasnt? she was in hospital awhile very sick and just never fully recoverd. she got right with God and went to church some within her short time of being released. so please lets not be negative about her and let her be at rest and be respectful for her, her kids, faimly and friends. she wil alywas be loved and missed.
church family

Sevierville, TN

#5 Nov 4, 2012
let this be a lesson to all the young junkies.
Jennifer

Knoxville, TN

#6 Nov 5, 2012
I so agree! It might hurt so badly, but if a lesson can be learned and save someone, then it should!
baby girl

Lake Worth, FL

#7 Nov 6, 2012
How can u all talk about some one like this ; and church family ; I would not go to a church where u all go for nother
I think it ashamed this family goning threw what they are and u all judged the person that die
Jennifer

Knoxville, TN

#8 Nov 6, 2012
It is not talking about someone, merely stating a fact. That is what Church is about is helping the living. If a lesson can be learned to save someone, it doesn't matter if the family is hurt by the truth. And you can't sweep a lesson under the rug and pretend it didn't happen. You must use it. It is very sad to lose someone we love, but it is a blessing and makes their life worth someting if they can save someone else.
someonecares

United States

#9 Nov 6, 2012
her family needs support from "the church" in times such as this, not judgement.
Jennifer

Knoxville, TN

#10 Nov 6, 2012
I'm sorry, but helping the living by example is never called judgement. And If the family really needs help, they must admit the truth and they will receive it from God, not just the Church.
Education is power

Asheboro, NC

#11 Nov 8, 2012
Around the time the Braca genes for breast cancer were discovered and highly publicized another gene was discovered, but was not publicized at all although when present it is just as devastating as breast cancer. That gene is called the DRD2 gene. Google it. It is often present in Native Americans and Irish, the very people who settled this area. This gene can remain dormant until certain drugs activate it. When it becomes active, the brain becomes controlled by it to seek out more and more of that drug or a stronger version of that drug with a single mindedness that never stops for an addict. They then live a very tortured life. Their brain no longer desires food, money, homes, children, it just desires to have it's dopamine receptors activated and it thinks that is worth any risk. Even death. I don't know how to judge that. I refuse to. I just thank God that I am not afflicted with it. I have strong compassion for a drug addict. It makes me sick to hear things of the nature on this post because it comes from a purely ignorant place.
believer of the truth

Dyer, TN

#12 Nov 9, 2012
Education is power wrote:
Around the time the Braca genes for breast cancer were discovered and highly publicized another gene was discovered, but was not publicized at all although when present it is just as devastating as breast cancer. That gene is called the DRD2 gene. Google it. It is often present in Native Americans and Irish, the very people who settled this area. This gene can remain dormant until certain drugs activate it. When it becomes active, the brain becomes controlled by it to seek out more and more of that drug or a stronger version of that drug with a single mindedness that never stops for an addict. They then live a very tortured life. Their brain no longer desires food, money, homes, children, it just desires to have it's dopamine receptors activated and it thinks that is worth any risk. Even death. I don't know how to judge that. I refuse to. I just thank God that I am not afflicted with it. I have strong compassion for a drug addict. It makes me sick to hear things of the nature on this post because it comes from a purely ignorant place.
if that is indeed true, it could be just another way to thin out the population...
Education is power

Greenville, NC

#13 Nov 9, 2012
I think at that point the addict is judged as choosing the horrible life they live when in actuality they have become mentally ill. Cognitive Behavioral therapy has been known to help here, but I don't think it is available in this area. It is retraining other parts of the brain to be stronger that the part that is controlled by the addiction gene and very delicate.
Education is power

Greenville, NC

#14 Nov 9, 2012
Jennifer wrote:
It is not talking about someone, merely stating a fact. That is what Church is about is helping the living. If a lesson can be learned to save someone, it doesn't matter if the family is hurt by the truth. And you can't sweep a lesson under the rug and pretend it didn't happen. You must use it. It is very sad to lose someone we love, but it is a blessing and makes their life worth someting if they can save someone else.
To many who study the brain, this type of thinking seems delusional. One wonders if the poster might be ingesting antipshychotic meds themselves. Addicts won't learn a lesson from someone's death because pills give them what is known as the superman complex, they feel bigger than life, that is often why they take them to begin with. They think these things will never happen to them! Think about it, many highly intelligent people have fallen victim to drugs and died. No one learned from their deaths. Until addiction is looked upon as a health issue, and not a legal issue. People like this child will continue to be ostracized, when they should be embraced. These are the people Jesus himself would meet at the well. I know addicts who are not allowed on their own family's property. How do they live with that when they burry them. Wake up as community and stop judging. It is a illness.
Jennifer

Knoxville, TN

#15 Nov 9, 2012
And that is your opinion and you are entitled to have one just like everyone else. I stand behind mine.
hey

Kingsport, TN

#16 Nov 9, 2012
i know a jessica marlow . i would like to know her parents name . one or both or one of her sisters.
keep it real ppl

Wartburg, TN

#17 Dec 7, 2012
She was nothing but a trouble maker and was fr the time she was a kid. She sucked as a mom. She slept with anyone that would have her but then called everybody else ho's and trashed them. Yea yea she went to church fr time to time but I know for a fact she flipped some people off in the parking lot of the church she was attending at the time. Even without the drug addiction thing she was a piece of crap. Her family knows it. Anyone that knew her knew it. That's why you haven't hear much about this. Noone cares!
just wondering

Wartburg, TN

#18 Dec 8, 2012
Why did they let her out of the hospital if she was still so bad off?
Sweet Potato Queen

Deerfield, IL

#19 Dec 9, 2012
Nasty gene, thisDRD2 is but it doesn't say anything about an association with Irish or Native Americans

The DRD2 gene in psychiatric and neurological disorders and its phenotypes.
Noble EP.
Source 2000

Alcohol Research Center, Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences and the Brain Research Institute, University of California, Los Angeles 90024, USA. [email protected]
Abstract

The TaqIA D2 dopamine receptor (DRD2) minor (A1) allele was first associated with severe alcoholism a decade ago. Since then, studies both confirming and not confirmnning this finding were reported. However, a meta-analysis of a large number of Caucasian alcoholics (both more severe and less severe) and controls (both assessed and unassessed for substance use disorders) revealed a significantly higher frequency (p < 10(-6)) and prevalence (p < 10(-8)) of the DRD2 A1 allele in the alcoholics. Further analysis showed that the more severe alcoholics had a 3-fold higher prevalence of the DRD2 A1 allele than the assessed controls (p < 10(-10)), whereas no difference was found between the less severe alcoholics and the unassessed controls. DRD2 exonic or promoter mutations have not yet been associated with alcoholism, although two intronic variants at the TaqIB and intron 6 sites, which are in linkage disequilibrium with the TaqIA site, were associated with this disorder. Variants of the DRD2 gene have also been associated with cocaine, nicotine and opioid dependence, obesity and gambling. It is hypothesised that the DRD2 is a reinforcement or reward gene. Although less intensively studied than substance use disorders, the DRD2 gene has been implicated in Tourette's syndrome (TS), post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and certain symptoms associated with affective disorders and schizophrenia. Further, DRD2 variants have been implicated in Parkinson's disease (PD) and in iatrogenically-induced movement disorders, as well as in certain migraineurs. Phenotypic differences have been associated with DRD2 variants. These include reduced D2 dopamine receptor numbers and diminished glucose metabolism in the brain of subjects who carry the DRD2 A1 allele. In addition, phenotypic differences have been found in neurocognitive and personality characteristics, and in treatment outcome of DRD2 variants. The involvement of the DRD2 gene in certain neuropsychiatric disorders opens up the potential of a targeted pharmacogenomic approach to the prevention and treatment of these disorders.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jellico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Head 10 hr Gettin it 3
any one no Fri wnt have teeth 6
Barber Shop on Kentucky Side Fri Bill 4
Poll Who thinks Lisa Eliott need to be in jail for life (Mar '14) Fri spot trash a mile... 106
Where to buy Incence (Scooby Snax, etc) (Mar '12) Fri Jco 18
Job opening.. Fri Stacy 1
Missing dogs.. Fri Sarah 1

Jellico Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jellico Mortgages