2nd Annual Trunk or Treat

Posted in the Jellico Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Spooked

Knoxville, TN

#1 Aug 26, 2009
It's time to plan the 2nd Annual Trunk or Treat which will take place on October 31st Halloween night at Veterans Park during the hours set by the City. Local Businesses, Churches, and Residents can decorate the trunks of their vehicles or truck beds and hand out candy or goody bags to the children.

We are not trying to discourage parents from taking their children door to door, we are just giving you a safer alternative this Halloween.

I understand that times are hard and money is tight for most families these days and with an organized Trunk or Treat parents won't have to waste time or gas driving door to door. It will cut down on vehicle traffic on many of our backstreets and lower the risk of a child being hit by a car or bitten by a dog.

The Trunk or Treat is a free event open to everyone in the community. I'm asking for your participation by volunteering your time. The only cost to you is the candy or you may donate candy. NO CASH DONATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED!

For information or to reserve a parking spot for your vehicle please email Melissa at

[email protected]

Please join me in efforts to give our children a safe and Happy Halloween!!!
Spooked

Knoxville, TN

#2 Aug 27, 2009
Just refreshing this forum
Great idea

Paducah, KY

#3 Aug 27, 2009
This is a great idea for Jellico, I know many other towns here in East Tennessee have been trunk or treating for a few years now. It does save on time and money...another good idea would be games, face painting, etc....make it a big event for the kids in Jellico.
Spooked

Knoxville, TN

#4 Aug 27, 2009
Great idea wrote:
This is a great idea for Jellico, I know many other towns here in East Tennessee have been trunk or treating for a few years now. It does save on time and money...another good idea would be games, face painting, etc....make it a big event for the kids in Jellico.

Over time we would love to make the event alot larger but we need to get all the parking spots full first. This is the second year, and we are really hoping for community support to make this an annual event for years to come.
We would love for someone to have games and activities for the kids, as long as there would be no extra cost to the families.
Spooked

Knoxville, TN

#5 Sep 6, 2009
Spots are still available to anyone interested in participating!!!
Spooked

Oak Ridge, TN

#6 Sep 18, 2009
Jellico has set the hours for Trick or Treating for 5pm-8pm.. Dont forget to sign up for your spot at the 2nd Annual Trunk or Treat!!!!!!!!!!
he he ha ha

Dalton, GA

#7 Sep 19, 2009
i never heard of this until a few years ago this trunk or treat is the greatest idea since slice bread alot of churches do it . lets the kids have fun in a safer area . I don't live in Jellico but
COME ON FOLKS SIGN UP FOR UR SPACE . this is a wonderful program. I wish they would have thought of this when I was little and lived in the area and even when my kids were little would have been alot easier and safer
thanks

Knoxville, TN

#8 Sep 19, 2009
i have to small kids and i loved this last year we did have to go to many other places, and was alot safer not walking on the side of the road. hope this cont.
i also would like to say Thank You all for doing this.
what the heck

Kodak, TN

#9 Sep 19, 2009
what the devil is trunk or treat.
Spooked

Oak Ridge, TN

#10 Sep 20, 2009
what the heck wrote:
what the devil is trunk or treat.
Its when people line up their vehicles and decorate them to give out candy to the kids on halloween!!
what the heck

Kodak, TN

#11 Sep 20, 2009
who can line up and where and when.
Spooked

Oak Ridge, TN

#12 Sep 20, 2009
what the heck wrote:
who can line up and where and when.

Its at veterans park on halloween. if you refer to the 1st post i have an email address for anyone who wants to participate to get in touch with me, so I can hold a spot for them
Good 1

Santa Barbara, CA

#13 Oct 1, 2009
Just refreshing
just saying

Trenton, IL

#14 Oct 1, 2009
i think u should try to get the guy with the white hurst thats decked out to do it he lives here in jellico it would be neat for halloween the kids would love it
wonderful U S of A

Santa Barbara, CA

#15 Oct 1, 2009
oooo!!That would be spooky!
hey hey

Loudon, TN

#16 Oct 1, 2009
Someone needs to ask him to get a hold of that girl thats doing this, see if he will sign up. that would be kinda creepy but it is halloween!!
curious

Kingston, TN

#17 Oct 4, 2009
Can we donate stuff if we cant be there. And if so who do we give it to?
aunt be

Sikeston, MO

#18 Oct 4, 2009
curious wrote:
Can we donate stuff if we cant be there. And if so who do we give it to?
yeah she just dont want cash donations, you can look at the first post and she give her info that way you can get ahold of her easy!!!! We all cross our fingers for alot of cars and lots of trick-or-treaters
dereck

Knoxville, TN

#19 Oct 4, 2009
halloween is for kids and the hurst would scare the kids. They don't know what that's all about.
halloween

Trenton, IL

#20 Oct 5, 2009
no it wouldnt and like all the scary costumes wouldnt get real and get in the spirit of halloween

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jellico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pregnant 2 hr alice 13
Danny dumped 2 hr rox 2
Bobby oberton 4 hr Misty 7
Drug dealers sitting at fast track and dollar s... 11 hr Bert 8
What has happened to Jellico?? 11 hr Rob 2
It the truth 15 hr Town 7
Black Chevy trail blazer Fri weird 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jellico Mortgages