is jellico electric & water next?

Posted in the Jellico Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
pooper

Knoxville, TN

#1 Jan 19, 2013
Read in the Paper that the Mayor wants to borrow $225,000.00 from Jellico Electric & Water, will they be next to go BUSTED?? If the Papers numbers are right Jellico will still owe around $270,000.00 after the loan. How in the World can Jellico pay that plus the $225,000.00 it will owe the Electric & Water Systems. Looks to me like People need to speak up & do something, this spending has got way out of hand.Property taxes will go up 25cents too.
magician

Knoxville, TN

#2 Jan 19, 2013
pooper wrote:
Read in the Paper that the Mayor wants to borrow $225,000.00 from Jellico Electric & Water, will they be next to go BUSTED?? If the Papers numbers are right Jellico will still owe around $270,000.00 after the loan. How in the World can Jellico pay that plus the $225,000.00 it will owe the Electric & Water Systems. Looks to me like People need to speak up & do something, this spending has got way out of hand.Property taxes will go up 25cents too.
Are you citizens of Jellico not aware of this evil character that calls himself mayor is not a crook by now then the whole town is already given up. If you don't get out and protest against this jailbird then you all deserve to be turned over to the county. The electric system is all that's left and he's already asking for a loan from it. They need to go ahead and sell to some rich buyer so the city can still be called Jellico. Otherwise the electric system will owe the state 1/2 million dollars. The state better not give it's support for the transaction the mayor is asking for. Come on citizens get your butt down to city hall and give this man some advice and if he don't take it then give him a shoe up the rear end. He has got to be stopped there's no doubt about it. Hope somebody don't take the law into his own hands and get rid of him. Send him back south where his presence will not be known from how he had to leave CSX and the Jellico give him the boot too. Come on troops what do you say? We can hover drones over city hall and he'll stay caged up there for another week. I with anyone that gives the go ahead!
Rockefeller

Tucker, GA

#3 Jan 20, 2013
If jellico was a girl friend I would have already dumped her , when you see the ship is going down don't go down with it , if every body lived where they worked it would be a ghost town .
pooper

Sevierville, TN

#4 Jan 20, 2013
Rockefeller wrote:
If jellico was a girl friend I would have already dumped her , when you see the ship is going down don't go down with it , if every body lived where they worked it would be a ghost town .
This Mayor yhinks that Annexnation is the answer, but it's not. If he annexes Highcliff he will lose all those Votes except 8 or 10 that wants it out of 23. If he annexes Wooldridge,Newcomb etc he won't win any extra Votes there either. The people of Jellico are fed up with him & he's a one term man. The Mayor is one Arrogant Individual & the faster his term is up the better off Jellico will be. Maybe just maybe the Lawsuit will be what it takes to Oust his sorry Butt.
life

United States

#5 Jan 20, 2013
What is up with jellico electric department they can not pay their bills but they are people doing with out electric because ever month they have a big high bills and they still freeze
Come on things need to check into
The money been pocket some where
pooper

Monterey, TN

#6 Jan 20, 2013
life wrote:
What is up with jellico electric department they can not pay their bills but they are people doing with out electric because ever month they have a big high bills and they still freeze
Come on things need to check into
The money been pocket some where
Electric & Water ok right now, but Mayor wants to borrow $225,000.00 from them to try & help the City out. Read the Christan Journal & if his numbers are right, we are in bad shape.Mayor wants to rob Peter to pay Paul.
Lois

Knoxville, TN

#7 Jan 21, 2013
good i hope jellico electirc goes broke bt how can you go broke when your charging people out the roof on electric bills.
life

Deer Lodge, TN

#8 Jan 21, 2013
Lois ; I so much agree
Hey

United States

#9 Jan 21, 2013
How much is the electric deposit? Just electric only
Citizen

Bradenton, FL

#11 Jan 22, 2013
Lois you are correct. They charge whatever they want because we have to use their electric. For example out bill want high enough so we have TVA fuel adjustment charge on there too. Our last 3 bills was almost $500 each. Before anyone says anything stupid, they were for 1 month only before fees less than $300 a piece. They are crooks and will continue to do whatever they want until someone gets in serious trouble and we all know that will never happen.
magician

Knoxville, TN

#12 Jan 22, 2013
Citizen wrote:
Lois you are correct. They charge whatever they want because we have to use their electric. For example out bill want high enough so we have TVA fuel adjustment charge on there too. Our last 3 bills was almost $500 each. Before anyone says anything stupid, they were for 1 month only before fees less than $300 a piece. They are crooks and will continue to do whatever they want until someone gets in serious trouble and we all know that will never happen.
It's about as serious as it can get right now. If it gets more serious there will be two or three behind bars, that's how serious it is! When you have stupid running the city and stupider running the electric system and stupid does has already left. Watch for the developing story or either channel 6, 8 or 10 and in all the newspapers from all over the state~
Former employee

Knoxville, TN

#13 Jan 22, 2013
magician wrote:
<quoted text>
It's about as serious as it can get right now. If it gets more serious there will be two or three behind bars, that's how serious it is! When you have stupid running the city and stupider running the electric system and stupid does has already left. Watch for the developing story or either channel 6, 8 or 10 and in all the newspapers from all over the state~
oh Please! You are so stupid! You are just mad cause you cAn't get a job in the town you live in!
sue
#14 Jan 22, 2013
IT is pathetic when you cant get a desent job in the town where you live. Instead of doing all thir arguing and borrowing why not try to get some work in here . I dont think Montclair is going develop anything. Other small towns in Tennessee seem to get help from Gov.Hasslam why not us . And stop arguing at every council meeting and work to better Jellico. Maybe I will run for Mayor if we still have a town!!
Gail

Knoxville, TN

#15 Jan 23, 2013
A good, honest, hard working woman with a good reputation is nice. We have never had one.
fuel charge

Charlotte, NC

#16 Jan 23, 2013
Gail wrote:
A good, honest, hard working woman with a good reputation is nice. We have never had one.
We need David Jordan to be our next mayor.
Kim

Knoxville, TN

#17 Jan 23, 2013
Who is that?
Former employee

Knoxville, TN

#18 Jan 23, 2013
Kim wrote:
Who is that?
a former dumbass redneck from LAFOLLETTE that is still crying cause they wouldn't give him $2-$3/ per hr raise and make him a supervisor.
true

Rockwood, TN

#19 Mar 13, 2013
Lois wrote:
good i hope jellico electirc goes broke bt how can you go broke when your charging people out the roof on electric bills.
so true
dumb bell

Kodak, TN

#20 Mar 13, 2013
Hey wrote:
How much is the electric deposit? Just electric only
the deposit is about 500.00. but you can't get just electric. now you have to have water. garbage and every other fee added to it. people can't even tell how much electric they use. you can't go by the wattage you have to many fees that a average person don't even know about. wish tva would just close shop here in jellico. they know thie mayor don't know his ass from a hole in the ground. go ahead and shut it off. i got a generator to make my coffee that is all i need. your mayor has already robed the city blind and now he is trying to sell the allys that don't blong to any one. we have one thats growed up and nobody ever cuts the grass. but i sure don't want it added on to my property. my tax is high alredy.
Crazy

Corbin, KY

#21 Mar 15, 2013
That shit about the Electric giving the city money is old news and it didn't happen !! And who said that the Electric & Water couldn't pay their bills that's the first I herd of that I don't think they have a problem doing that !!! And the deposit on Electric isn't no 500.00 where in the hell do you live it's not Jellico , you think you know a lot but you don't even know how much the deposit is .. Do you have Electric ?? It is a 200.00 dollar deposit for Electric .. I think some people just wont to cause trouble in Jellico they say shit that don't make since and don't know what there talking about !!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jellico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lindsey bowin 3 hr Lindsey 5
Wayne Huneycutt 3 hr skyler 6
Deputy Ray Salas (Oct '15) 4 hr ShadyPineGuy 24
Beech tree 15 hr Jennette 11
Who's the babe running around with jordan in ne... 20 hr None your business 2
Larry wilson Tue Gasser 2
Fake names on face book (Sep '15) Tue doug 19

Jellico Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance