Jellico Mayor still defying Council

Posted in the Jellico Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
JPD

Maryville, TN

#1 Dec 30, 2012
Heard he let Jarboe go because "that position has been done away with." How can you do away with a cops job? Only Les Steirs is capable of breaking the rules the council just voted on last meeting!
No job cuts

Clinton, TN

#2 Dec 30, 2012
Didn't he say that there wouldn't be any more job cuts in Jellico?
crazy or what

Williamsburg, KY

#3 Dec 30, 2012
are the people of Jellico crazy or i hear no taxes has been paid on city employees but the mayor and his lady friend are still doing a new years eve party
what is wrong with people these people have no income tax paid in and he payin for a DJ why dont somebody do some somin is everybody there crazy?
No job cuts

Clinton, TN

#4 Dec 30, 2012
Something's going on. That's for sure, and whoever knows better start talking.
Exactly

Williamsburg, KY

#5 Dec 30, 2012
crazy or what wrote:
are the people of Jellico crazy or i hear no taxes has been paid on city employees but the mayor and his lady friend are still doing a new years eve party
what is wrong with people these people have no income tax paid in and he payin for a DJ why dont somebody do some somin is everybody there crazy?
That is exactly what I said....there is 3 women down at city hall in the office going through all the records .....I hope that hang Les...he has ruined this town......here the city is in this horrible mess thanks to him and all him and Edwina the horse want is to have a new years party and they advertised that there would be free food, party favors .....now who's footing that bill....the city is.....they have ruined this town financially but their wanting to party....pure idiots
adam

Williamsburg, KY

#6 Dec 30, 2012
JPD wrote:
Heard he let Jarboe go because "that position has been done away with." How can you do away with a cops job? Only Les Steirs is capable of breaking the rules the council just voted on last meeting!
I hope Joe stomped that stupid ass of that creep Adam....he has some issues......don't guess he's such a "badass" now are ya Adam????......u may get a lot more thumpings now u freak
alderman

Knoxville, TN

#7 Dec 30, 2012
Exactly wrote:
<quoted text>That is exactly what I said....there is 3 women down at city hall in the office going through all the records .....I hope that hang Les...he has ruined this town......here the city is in this horrible mess thanks to him and all him and Edwina the horse want is to have a new years party and they advertised that there would be free food, party favors .....now who's footing that bill....the city is.....they have ruined this town financially but their wanting to party....pure idiots
You all try & be Downtown Tomorrow Night & see the big Fireworks show, I hear they got a big Grant to buy the Fireworks, they get a Grant to do everything else, jujst saying.
JPD

Maryville, TN

#8 Dec 30, 2012
alderman wrote:
<quoted text> You all try & be Downtown Tomorrow Night & see the big Fireworks show, I hear they got a big Grant to buy the Fireworks, they get a Grant to do everything else, jujst saying.
Maybe we'll get to see the ball drop on his head! That's is the mayors head! Then the whole town can party!
Drew Norman

Oneida, TN

#9 Dec 31, 2012
lol hes a good guy
alderman

Knoxville, TN

#10 Dec 31, 2012
Drew Norman wrote:
lol hes a good guy
This Man seems to be an Arrogant Man that dodges no bullets. It seems he sure ain't interested in the Town because it has gone BUST.
JPD

Maryville, TN

#11 Dec 31, 2012
With these two, the mayor and his honky are always wanting to party at the expense of the towns people. Why don't they run this sob back to where he came from. Those hanging anywhere close to the man have to be blind as a bat. evidently no money is coming out of their pocket. not city slickers. but the county will take over soon so don't go pay your taxes just yet cuz you may not have a town in a few weeks.
A town that's broke and blowing money up in smoke tonight at the New Years Rockin Eve party. Are you all crazy or what?
Happy

Maryville, TN

#12 Dec 31, 2012
Stay at home if you don't like it
auditor

Maryville, TN

#13 Dec 31, 2012
No job cuts wrote:
Something's going on. That's for sure, and whoever knows better start talking.
guess you better ask your former city recorder what she has done withe money and why she did not pay any taxes for many years.........Don't blame the mayor for cleaning the place up.
JPD

Maryville, TN

#14 Dec 31, 2012
She didn't own any property.
The mayor made sure that she resigned. He pushed her out along with the evidence thats gonna take to convict him of criminal charges. She may go down and also take him down with her. She's got the whole bag of worms. He has nothing. WTG Ms. Recorder! We know your not a dummy.
alderman

Knoxville, TN

#15 Dec 31, 2012
Seems kinda strange to me that for the last 9 mths or so, City Recorder had all the City Financial reports that were called for & to top it all off, the Council passed everything that was presented to them, even the City Budget was passed by the Council & all at once the Books weren't Closed out for 2011 or started for 2012. Bullshit, I for 1 don't believe this along with dozens of other people. The Song bird will probably begin to sing just anytime.
Truth

Williamsburg, KY

#16 Dec 31, 2012
alderman wrote:
Seems kinda strange to me that for the last 9 mths or so, City Recorder had all the City Financial reports that were called for & to top it all off, the Council passed everything that was presented to them, even the City Budget was passed by the Council & all at once the Books weren't Closed out for 2011 or started for 2012. Bullshit, I for 1 don't believe this along with dozens of other people. The Song bird will probably begin to sing just anytime.
The state comptrollers have talked with Linda and have found out about a lot of the misdeeds Les has been doing.....she has worked the around 9 years through 2 administrations without incident and the city of Jellico has NEVER been in this bad of shape financially until Les Stiers was elected. She will only tell the truth and Les has done a lot of illegal things, he's broken the Sunshine Law too numerous to count, he sold city property without council approval or he just told after it was all said and done, he abolished the power board which all cities have and. Jellico did, he had the city ordinance about beer sales within so many feet of a church and school changed to his suiting and him and his girlfriend were members of that church, threatened to have his pastor removed from a public meeting by police if his pastor spoke another word, he's gave outrageous raises to his girlfriends son, now her son has been made a supervisor and he gave him one of the electric employees office for him to go sit and doodle all day, has fired good workers for no reason except maybe the employee didn't lick his ass, so many others things too numerous to count but yes Linda will tell the truth and his residence may change for the worse and after all the things he's done wrong and done people wrong and lied, I personally think it would be funny if he had a residential change of address, I guess you would call it a cell.....if proven all true, that would be what he deserves....lol
spitbaby

Knoxville, TN

#17 Jan 1, 2013
@ Truth----- Linda would be a FOOL not to throw the Mayor under the BUS after all he shore has throwed her under it several times. In the end he Truth will win, unless the Mayor has a Bunch of People there to help throw Linda & a few more of his Cronies under the Bus.
John

Maryville, TN

#18 Jan 1, 2013
spitbaby wrote:
@ Truth----- Linda would be a FOOL not to throw the Mayor under the BUS after all he shore has throwed her under it several times. In the end he Truth will win, unless the Mayor has a Bunch of People there to help throw Linda & a few more of his Cronies under the Bus.
rather a cronie than a dummy, Rosie.
John

Maryville, TN

#19 Jan 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>The state comptrollers have talked with Linda and have found out about a lot of the misdeeds Les has been doing.....she has worked the around 9 years through 2 administrations without incident and the city of Jellico has NEVER been in this bad of shape financially until Les Stiers was elected. She will only tell the truth and Les has done a lot of illegal things, he's broken the Sunshine Law too numerous to count, he sold city property without council approval or he just told after it was all said and done, he abolished the power board which all cities have and. Jellico did, he had the city ordinance about beer sales within so many feet of a church and school changed to his suiting and him and his girlfriend were members of that church, threatened to have his pastor removed from a public meeting by police if his pastor spoke another word, he's gave outrageous raises to his girlfriends son, now her son has been made a supervisor and he gave him one of the electric employees office for him to go sit and doodle all day, has fired good workers for no reason except maybe the employee didn't lick his ass, so many others things too numerous to count but yes Linda will tell the truth and his residence may change for the worse and after all the things he's done wrong and done people wrong and lied, I personally think it would be funny if he had a residential change of address, I guess you would call it a cell.....if proven all true, that would be what he deserves....lol
. We will see who is crying in the end...lol
walker

Knoxville, TN

#20 Jan 1, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>rather a cronie than a dummy, Rosie.
i DON'T SEE WHERE ROSIE PLaYS INTO THIS MESS. THE ONLY WAY I'D SEE ROSIE AS A DUMMY WOULD BE FOR HER NOT TO SEE A LAWYER & SUE THE CITY FOR WHEN LES HAD HER REMOVED FROM A PUBLIC MEETING, IF SHE HAD BEEN UNRULY, YEAH, BUT THAT SHE WAS NOT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jellico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i havent seen her in a while where is she 10 min curious 1
phlebotomy 13 min haiku4U 2
THE jellico chuch of GOD is falling apart!!!!!! 12 hr Cross 17
billy rowe and pam carbough 13 hr oswego 5
Jellico Church of God Building 13 hr oswego 4
Jellico is like TOMSTONE > DRUGS, HOOKERS ,CRIME ? 14 hr tomstone 1
Celebration Of Life for former Students who att... (Feb '10) 15 hr CincinnatiGrandYo... 44
Jellico Dating
Find my Match

Jellico Jobs

Jellico People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jellico News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jellico

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]