City can't make pay roll !

Posted in the Jellico Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Jellico Lost

Williamsburg, KY

#1 Oct 16, 2012
The city is broke and can not pay it worker this week .They said it do to a computer issue and check will be out tommorow . What if tommorow never comes .What will happen to city then .
smile

Knoxville, TN

#2 Oct 16, 2012
i bet the city recorder got her check
lover

Knoxville, TN

#3 Oct 16, 2012
thats what the people wanted
Rose

Knoxville, TN

#4 Oct 16, 2012
Thank Your Vice mayor, Vermillion, and Alvin. Not only do they vote No, but He'll no!
sue

Knoxville, TN

#5 Oct 16, 2012
Rose wrote:
Thank Your Vice mayor, Vermillion, and Alvin. Not only do they vote No, but He'll no!
Sounds like to me that your a Racist & an Idiot on top of that, you a damn Cronie,look back & see what your Mayor has spent all the Money on.Then somebody gotta pay for a Lawyer now, guess that'll be the Taxpayers...there goes your money....bahahahahah
why

Williamsburg, KY

#6 Oct 16, 2012
why is the city doing FREE lunch and gifts when it cant pay men?
sue

Knoxville, TN

#7 Oct 16, 2012
why wrote:
why is the city doing FREE lunch and gifts when it cant pay men?
They ain't broke, it's just a bunch of BS.
Jellico Lost

Williamsburg, KY

#8 Oct 16, 2012
Sue your are a dumbass bitch
sue

Knoxville, TN

#9 Oct 17, 2012
Jellico Lost wrote:
Sue your are a dumbass bitch
Well tell me ole wise one,is it because the Mayor spent all the money buying Old Church Buildings for nearly $200,000.00,or spending money & doing things without approval of his Council & just plain not doing things he should have done ???? By the way KISS this Bitch in the Butt.......
Jellico Lost

Williamsburg, KY

#10 Oct 17, 2012
sue wrote:
<quoted text>Well tell me ole wise one,is it because the Mayor spent all the money buying Old Church Buildings for nearly $200,000.00,or spending money & doing things without approval of his Council & just plain not doing things he should have done ???? By the way KISS this Bitch in the Butt.......

That last post was not me.
Sorry Sue.
Jellico Lost

Williamsburg, KY

#11 Oct 17, 2012
What will happen next ?
citizens will win

Knoxville, TN

#12 Oct 17, 2012
Lets just hope that the Citizen or citizens that filed the Lawsuit come out on top, if they don't the city is sure enough in trouble,don't stand a chance..
Concerned

Knoxville, TN

#13 Oct 17, 2012
The city can't afford to provide jobs for a bunch of workers that can't find jobs other places. We are not a welfare state in Jellico. The taxpayers are not rich enough for this luxury. The economy is so bad we need to cut taxes to our citizens. Maybe a dozen or so need layed off. Jellico is so small it doesn't really need a work force of more than a few. Let the city recorder sweep a few streets. We need a few real good workers more than a few dozen hanger's on. Make Jellico's fire de3partment volunteer if they can't manage to put out house fires a few hundred yards away. There are plenty of ways to cut costs and taxes in our town, but it will require a sacrifice from those depending on a hand out from the city and a cut back in spending from the mayor and aldermen. Re-sell the old church building, but guarentee you wouldn't get even half of what was paid to Jerome and the McClarys.
Taxpayers lose

Knoxville, TN

#14 Oct 17, 2012
I believe we have a Council Meeting tomorrow night (3rd) Thursday. Lets all try & be there & see what happens, I wonder if the Mayor will lay anyone off,or just roll on the way it is.If I was a city Empolyee I would be staying home until I was PAID, Policeman,Garbage Man, or whatever, Town has allready gone to the Devil let it finish itself up.Since the Mayor has been in Office this Town has went under, Hell let it go.
Lois

Jellico, TN

#15 Oct 17, 2012
You people are so dumb this town was going to HELL before these people got in office but one thing is for sure if you all put Cisco Alvin and Charles in office in place of what we have now you are gonna but the final loop in this circle cause little Miss Cisco is only out for her and her family and Alvin is just gonna see how many more kids he can get hooked to drugs and Charles is just so stupid that he has no clue to what is even going on......So go ahead and blame this towns problems on everyone because it is everyone's fault not just one person....
Taxpayers lose

Knoxville, TN

#16 Oct 17, 2012
LOIS------i BELIEVE DUMBER FITS YOU JUST RIGHT.This town was Solvent when Foster left it The 3 you mentioned ain't the ones that broke this Town, it has been your fine MAYOR & his Cronies.I know where $196,000.00 would be if your MAYOR hadn't bought a worthless ole nasty ass building there in Town, plus who knows what else.Hopefully the Coungty will take over & put us some more Officers on this side of Mountain..Win Win for us..
Facts

Williamsburg, KY

#17 Oct 17, 2012
Taxpayers lose wrote:
LOIS------i BELIEVE DUMBER FITS YOU JUST RIGHT.This town was Solvent when Foster left it The 3 you mentioned ain't the ones that broke this Town, it has been your fine MAYOR & his Cronies.I know where $196,000.00 would be if your MAYOR hadn't bought a worthless ole nasty ass building there in Town, plus who knows what else.Hopefully the Coungty will take over & put us some more Officers on this side of Mountain..Win Win for us..
"Your MAYOR" didn't buy that building...the city of Jellico did!!! There was a public meeting where not one person opposed the purchase...everyone there was for it also there was two separate votes by the counsel which passed unanimously! Yes...even Alvin, Cisco and Chuck...oh wait Cisco wasn't there once again for the last vote but everyone else voted for it!!!!
Friend

Williamsburg, KY

#18 Oct 17, 2012
Concerned wrote:
The city can't afford to provide jobs for a bunch of workers that can't find jobs other places. We are not a welfare state in Jellico. The taxpayers are not rich enough for this luxury. The economy is so bad we need to cut taxes to our citizens. Maybe a dozen or so need layed off. Jellico is so small it doesn't really need a work force of more than a few. Let the city recorder sweep a few streets. We need a few real good workers more than a few dozen hanger's on. Make Jellico's fire de3partment volunteer if they can't manage to put out house fires a few hundred yards away. There are plenty of ways to cut costs and taxes in our town, but it will require a sacrifice from those depending on a hand out from the city and a cut back in spending from the mayor and aldermen. Re-sell the old church building, but guarentee you wouldn't get even half of what was paid to Jerome and the McClarys.
The city must have thought it was worth $196,000.00 because they didn't hesitate to collect taxes on $278,000.00 for it as the Christian Journal reported!!! The Cummins' has been drug through the mud for no reason...they had a piece of property for sale and that is all they had to do with it. They were not friends with the mayor prior the the notion of purchase nor were they behind on their payments as Mr Beck stated in that lawsuit where it was published in the news papers all around here. I have known them for many years and I was there for all the meetings. If you don't believe me ask to see the minutes of the meetings, go look up the tax appraisal value the county and city were collecting taxes on and ask Jerome to see the letter from the bank where it states they were NOT behind on the payments.
josey

Knoxville, TN

#19 Oct 17, 2012
Facts & FRIEND You know it's knda hard not to vote no on buying something after it's allready been bought,by that I mean the mayor had all ready bought the building,was at the meeting & that's how it went.U'ns don't think Beck would go to a Dog fight with a cat do u ? it'll all come out in a few days. The names won't be changed to save the Guilty.
Rose

Knoxville, TN

#20 Oct 17, 2012
josey wrote:
Facts & FRIEND You know it's knda hard not to vote no on buying something after it's allready been bought,by that I mean the mayor had all ready bought the building,was at the meeting & that's how it went.U'ns don't think Beck would go to a Dog fight with a cat do u ? it'll all come out in a few days. The names won't be changed to save the Guilty.
you have part of it right.....all the names of the people backing Crazy Gene are going to be named. Stay tuned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jellico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Forester Baird 1 min pam 45
Is the Cupps running a Brothel-House? 7 min pam 4
Ralph Davis (county commissioner) 4 hr AnotherLes 3
hey who's the girl named karen jellico towers (Feb '14) 11 hr Person 5
Jellico is like TOMSTONE > DRUGS, HOOKERS ,CRIME ? 22 hr Arnold 2
marry powers/ woods (Apr '10) Thu Shes a skank 12
satins mamabitch Thu angela lay 1
Jellico Dating
Find my Match

Jellico Jobs