Bernanke sees stress tests buoying co...

Bernanke sees stress tests buoying confidence

There are 17 comments on the www.msnbc.msn.com story from May 11, 2009, titled Bernanke sees stress tests buoying confidence. In it, www.msnbc.msn.com reports that:

The government’s unprecedented “stress tests” of the nation’s 19 largest banks should bolster Americans’ battered confidence in U.S. banking system, Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said Monday as he defended the rigor of the exams.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.msnbc.msn.com.

Lance Winslow

Lake Hughes, CA

#1 May 11, 2009
Rigor of the exams gave way to rigging of the exams.
commonsins

Baltimore, MD

#2 May 11, 2009
we could be 100% confident but the only problem is we are 50% down. glass will be 1 quarter full soon if were not carefull.

“It's 420 here.”

Since: Jun 07

cold comfort farm

#3 May 11, 2009
I'd love to see Bernanke's tax returns, just as I'd love to see a full-blown audit of the Fed.
commonsins

Baltimore, MD

#4 May 11, 2009
i cant pass the stress test for next april income tax filling. i only have 2 options, borrow or get a loan.
Duh Vinci

Las Vegas, NV

#5 May 11, 2009
Have we passes economics 101?
Duh Vinci

Las Vegas, NV

#6 May 11, 2009
Have we passed economics 101? I know I have not passed spelling 101...
Duh Vinci

Las Vegas, NV

#7 May 11, 2009
So how much rent does Citibank pay on that property it is sitting on in OK?
Duh Vinci

Las Vegas, NV

#8 May 11, 2009
Well the bouncing money of Americans I'm sure has boosted the banks....
IMPEACH OBAMA

Houston, TX

#9 May 12, 2009
Obama just spent 60billion more dollars yesterday. How many trillions are we up to since he took office. Its totally irresponsible to do this to are children and grandchildren. History will tell of this sick eppisode in american history . And most of the money does nothing to stimulate the economy.
IMPEACH OBAMA

Houston, TX

#10 May 12, 2009
I'm not one for a hand out but when you hear were this money goes makes ya say it would be better served if given to the people. Or increase s.s. something. Hell theres your health care for a little while till every last mexicain crosses over the board. Its free to them anyway.
Branding Crisis

United States

#11 May 12, 2009
JP Morgan and Citibank ran the tests to
destroy America in Argentina
http://lavaca.org/seccion/actualidad/1/1268.s...
hopeandfaith

United States

#12 May 12, 2009
The one true thing that has come out of this economic circus is that the American people no longer trust anyone......What comes out of Bernanke's mouth is immediately taken for what it is worth...and, that is not much.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#13 May 12, 2009
Who's confidence?
iria's?

sure as hell hasn't buoyed mine

Since: Jul 07

United States

#15 May 12, 2009
What exactly about the stress test is promising - that these criminally incompetent failures in banking even after trillions in bailouts are still failures on the verge of collapse? I feel so much better now. Geesus.

MJR

Since: Apr 07

San Antonio, TX

#16 May 12, 2009
I do not trust ANY BANK. I am sick and tired of giving them bailouts. Who is bailing out the US taxpayers???
commonsins

Baltimore, MD

#17 May 12, 2009
MJR wrote:
I do not trust ANY BANK. I am sick and tired of giving them bailouts. Who is bailing out the US taxpayers???
we are getting fat $250 in the mail a little short of the $7,500,000 bonus of aig ceo from our tax dollars. what a joke.
abcbs

Woonsocket, RI

#18 May 12, 2009
got yo earNmark n :-0mark :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jekyll Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Camden commissioners hear again from opponents ... 17 hr LYAO 4
Looking for Brian flanders Sat Truth 1
Looking Sat Truth 1
Jekyll Island Music Thread (Nov '14) May 26 Musikologist 5
Poll Glynn/Brantley Sex...Whats Hot!???? (Jan '10) May 19 Farrell Landon 30
Matt Jordan and Scott Hennig should resign!!! (Mar '11) May 16 A little Birdy says 23
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) May 10 Whatever 1,230

Jekyll Island Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jekyll Island Mortgages