Jekyll Island, for the Perfect Family...

Jekyll Island, for the Perfect Family Getaway

There are 1 comment on the Today's 6 story from May 9, 2011, titled Jekyll Island, for the Perfect Family Getaway. In it, Today's 6 reports that:

Start the day with our breakfast buffet before heading out for Summer Waves Water Park, the Jekyll beach, or the Georgia Sea Turtle Center.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Today's 6.

MtnHarmony

Homer, GA

#1 May 16, 2011
I agree that Jekyll is a great place for families but I wanted to make sure everyone knew that there are cheaper places to stay too. We enjoy staying at the Oceanside Townhomes ( http://www.rentjekyll.com/0049/0049.htm ) due to the location, price, etc. We will be going there again soon. A big reason I stay at this place is the fact that the North end of the island has little to no beach, and not just at high tide. This one has a huge beach at low tide, but the short lived high tide can come up to the rocks. You are within a short walk to tidal pools, if not right on top of them when staying around this location.

There are 4 units for extended family. I understand some may need bigger homes or prefer a motel. There are loads to choose from. Sign up at Days Inn for special emails so you can get some unadvertised deals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jekyll Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is Brunswick a racist town 1 min dverdan363 1
Asst. Police Chief Kingsland, Ga. (May '08) Feb 21 Big Blk 14
nasty woman. you've been warned. Feb 18 Farrell Landon 2
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) Feb 15 Blue 1,221
immigration issues Jan 30 Heywood 1
Brunswick for a family (Feb '16) Jan '17 Anonymous 3
News Phillips given Outstanding Educator Award (Jul '07) Jan '17 rick 2

Jekyll Island Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance