First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bow wow

Louisa, KY

#1 May 16, 2010
Does anyone know if the dogs and puppies at the house beside the lawn mower shop are being cared for properly? Someone told me they do not get fed right, are standing in mud and crap, and bark all the time because they are ate up with fleas and worms. One woman said she went there to buy a puppy and cried all the way home because of the condition of the dogs. In puppy mills, those little dogs are bred as soon as they can be after having a litter until they are too old and then they are put down or thrown out beside the road. Such cruelty all because someone is too lazy to get a real job and makes the little dogs earn a living for them.
help them

Louisa, KY

#2 May 17, 2010
if you know that is going on why don't you help the puppies by calling the local humane society. Montgomery county doesn't have a very good humane society. the guy who runs it won't do anything. you could call the lexington humane society of other animal protection groups. you will find out people in this area are very cruel to animals including dogs, cats, horses, and even chickens. good luck
love my puppy

Barnesville, OH

#3 Jul 22, 2010
I have one of those puppies...he is in great health and my vet knew him as soon as he saw the puppy. he had been to the vet for shots along with all his littermates and parents. They take very good care of thier dogs. I love my puppy from the Harveys.
pet luvr not worshiper

AOL

#4 Jul 23, 2010
bow wow wrote:
Does anyone know if the dogs and puppies at the house beside the lawn mower shop are being cared for properly? Someone told me they do not get fed right, are standing in mud and crap, and bark all the time because they are ate up with fleas and worms. One woman said she went there to buy a puppy and cried all the way home because of the condition of the dogs. In puppy mills, those little dogs are bred as soon as they can be after having a litter until they are too old and then they are put down or thrown out beside the road. Such cruelty all because someone is too lazy to get a real job and makes the little dogs earn a living for them.
If it were children I could understand....but an animal...lol.
Thats one thing that is wrong with this country, we have deemed our pets human. Way too many people have animals sitting on a pedistal equal to humanity... Get a life

Since: Jun 10

Louisa, KY

#5 Jul 30, 2010
pet luvr not worshiper wrote:
<quoted text>
If it were children I could understand....but an animal...lol.
Thats one thing that is wrong with this country, we have deemed our pets human. Way too many people have animals sitting on a pedistal equal to humanity... Get a life
What third world country did you say you are from? Do you still eat dogs and cats? You obviously have not come to far along on the human chain as you still hold the attitude of the uncivilized. You still use old worn out expressions too -"get a life". I live in Jeffersonville so tell me where I can "get a life". You need to get educated.
pet luvr not worshiper

AOL

#6 Jul 30, 2010
dough kid wrote:
<quoted text>What third world country did you say you are from? Do you still eat dogs and cats? You obviously have not come to far along on the human chain as you still hold the attitude of the uncivilized. You still use old worn out expressions too -"get a life". I live in Jeffersonville so tell me where I can "get a life". You need to get educated.
The third world country I live in is the U.S. of A. No I don't eat dogs or cats, but I would not be against it if the need should arise. Uncivilized? Maybe. But you my friend, sound as if you are the one who needs to be educated....

What kind of society do we live in when it's against the law to kick a dog, but it's legal to kill unborn babies? Please feel free to correspond.

Since: Jun 10

Louisa, KY

#7 Jul 31, 2010
pet luvr not worshiper wrote:
<quoted text>The third world country I live in is the U.S. of A. No I don't eat dogs or cats, but I would not be against it if the need should arise. Uncivilized? Maybe. But you my friend, sound as if you are the one who needs to be educated....
What kind of society do we live in when it's against the law to kick a dog, but it's legal to kill unborn babies? Please feel free to correspond.
You probably prefer to neglect, abuse, or kill babies after they are born. Most animal haters and abusers feel the same way about children and mankind in general but hide behind the smokescreen called religion to do their dirty work. I don't know you but I would guess you are a real hypocrite but profess to be a "Christian" as people here say. You probably go to church, claim to be Christlike, and spout your virtues everywhere to whomever will listen. Like someone said, going to church doesn't make you a "Christian" anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car. You can fool some of the people some of the time.......
bow wow

Louisa, KY

#8 Jul 31, 2010
Thanks for the info on the dogs. People say everything and it's hard to tell what is the truth.
pet luvr not worshiper

AOL

#9 Jul 31, 2010
dough kid wrote:
<quoted text>You probably prefer to neglect, abuse, or kill babies after they are born. Most animal haters and abusers feel the same way about children and mankind in general but hide behind the smokescreen called religion to do their dirty work. I don't know you but I would guess you are a real hypocrite but profess to be a "Christian" as people here say. You probably go to church, claim to be Christlike, and spout your virtues everywhere to whomever will listen. Like someone said, going to church doesn't make you a "Christian" anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car. You can fool some of the people some of the time.......
Jesus Christ! There we were talkn' about hungry puppys standn' in poop, and who had an education and that kind of stuff, and now, here you go accusing me of being a Cristian, now that really offends me! I think that offends me more than than calling "get a life" an old worn out expression, why, I've been using that for near 27 years now...just say'n...

Now, what if out of the blue, we were having a discussion about which beer was less filling, and I just called you a "Muslim, rag head, Obama support'n hippocrite" hide'n behind the smoke screen of the Quran? How would that make you feel, Dough Boy?(by the way, smoke screen is two words. Back to that pesky education thingy)

Yep, I meant to keep my nose out of this topic, but somehow stupidly managed to get sucked back in.

Excuse me while I go put some jumper cables on my private parts, and yes, before you go calling me a homo, my private parts are used on the opposite sex, not the same.

Also, I do have dead, stuffed, animals hanging on my walls, and, I'm a proud, red blooded, supporter of the second amendment
dough boy

Louisa, KY

#10 Aug 1, 2010
pet luvr not worshiper wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus Christ! There we were talkn' about hungry puppys standn' in poop, and who had an education and that kind of stuff, and now, here you go accusing me of being a Cristian, now that really offends me! I think that offends me more than than calling "get a life" an old worn out expression, why, I've been using that for near 27 years now...just say'n...
Now, what if out of the blue, we were having a discussion about which beer was less filling, and I just called you a "Muslim, rag head, Obama support'n hippocrite" hide'n behind the smoke screen of the Quran? How would that make you feel, Dough Boy?(by the way, smoke screen is two words. Back to that pesky education thingy)
Yep, I meant to keep my nose out of this topic, but somehow stupidly managed to get sucked back in.
Excuse me while I go put some jumper cables on my private parts, and yes, before you go calling me a homo, my private parts are used on the opposite sex, not the same.
Also, I do have dead, stuffed, animals hanging on my walls, and, I'm a proud, red blooded, supporter of the second amendment
Hey guess what. I have probably as much book lernin as you, but formal education cannot compare to common sense and does not make one educated. I still misspell words,neglect to space and even use bad grammar a lot in spite of my Master's degrees (don't have no good memory no more). You're right. This dicussion was originally about animals. I respect them, unlike you, and I am also a tree hugger AND I live in Jeffersonville. Imagine that. I like your attention to detail, tho.
Appalled PUPPY MILL

Covington, KY

#11 Mar 19, 2011
I bought a puppy from there and yes the dogs are in mud, crap, not fed right and ate up with bugs and worms. The puppies are in a shed aka "nursery" and have never seen outside. They are not socialized and are scared of humans. They do not go to the vet, they buy vaccines online and give you the sticker as proof. So who knows if the dogs ever really got the vaccine. CASH only accepted so probably escaping the IRS as well. They want you to bring the puppy back to them if you can't take care of it, YEAH RIGHT! This is a full blown puppy mill
davis

Winchester, KY

#12 Mar 21, 2011
dough bot you really are a stupid mofo aint ya
davis

Winchester, KY

#13 Mar 21, 2011
ya all the "freak animal lovin tree fuggers hide in small towns" nuff said

Since: Jul 11

Mount Sterling, KY

#14 Jul 27, 2011
pet luvr not worshiper wrote:
<quoted text>If it were children I could understand....but an animal...lol.
Thats one thing that is wrong with this country, we have deemed our pets human. Way too many people have animals sitting on a pedistal equal to humanity... Get a life
Animals have the right to live
Do the right thing

United States

#15 Jul 29, 2011
On 213, right before Powell Co line, in a trailer on the right...there is a dog (looks like a golden retriever) in a pen grown up with weeds. I never see it let out or being cared for...doesn't look like any water in there. People think they want a dog, then when they get tired of it after a short time, it's thrown in a pen and forgotten about. A sad life for a dog who just wants to be around people and get to run and play every now and then. Who in Montgomery Co investigates reports of neglect?
Carolyn

Glenview, IL

#16 Nov 4, 2011
has anyone dealt with these people lately?
Lucy Ray

Mount Sterling, KY

#17 Nov 8, 2011
I live close to the Harvey's. I can honestly say that they are good ppl, and they do the best they can. Vicky spends most of her day outside with the dogs cleaning, feeding, and caring for them. I am sure it is not perfectly clean at all times. But neither is my teenagers room.

Vicky is not what I consider a puppy mill. She has rescued many of them from the Montgomery County shelter, and believe me that is the place that is NOT humane!
wth

Kansasville, WI

#18 Jan 31, 2012
However, when asked if she could help find a home for a dog found ms harvey said 'if it'snot a cash dog she wasn't intetested'.

Just saw news about puppymill raid in Garrad Co and immediately thought of harveys. i am going to contact Lex18 and see who needs to be contacted to investigate them. Montgomery County animal shelter is a joke
lovepuppies

Lexington, KY

#19 Mar 1, 2013
Vickie Harvey's kennel is called Royal Touch Golden Kennel. She also advertises in the local papers, where my friend found her recently and bought a puppy from her. The puppy got sick the following day, diagnosed with parvo and ate up with fleas. She was very vague with her info, lied to her about vet care, and won't help with vet bills. I hope somebody can help these puppies, I have already contacted several agencies. This was last week, so all her dogs likely have parvo...and will die soon. I get the idea she's trying to get rid of them fast
lovepuppies

Lexington, KY

#20 Mar 1, 2013
Appalled PUPPY MILL wrote:
I bought a puppy from there and yes the dogs are in mud, crap, not fed right and ate up with bugs and worms. The puppies are in a shed aka "nursery" and have never seen outside. They are not socialized and are scared of humans. They do not go to the vet, they buy vaccines online and give you the sticker as proof. So who knows if the dogs ever really got the vaccine. CASH only accepted so probably escaping the IRS as well. They want you to bring the puppy back to them if you can't take care of it, YEAH RIGHT! This is a full blown puppy mill
Thank you, I didn't think tp report her to the IRS too, but now I will.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeffersonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
blonde lady 10 min Paul 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 56 min ChromiuMan 148,104
Newly alone 2 hr Midnight rider 44
Joey Hatton/bad plumber 2 hr citizen 1
speedway downtown 3 hr theyhot 3
moco tramp? 3 hr Kevin gates 8
Harpers auto sales (Feb '15) 4 hr infatuated 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jeffersonville Mortgages