state or local police

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#1 Mar 5, 2012
Need people's thoughts and experience, if there is a conflict of interest with the local police knowing a suspect would it be best for the state police handle the case? Or is the state to busy?
Perry

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Mar 5, 2012
Too busy? Just because someone, "knows" a suspect does not mean that it would not be investigated like any other suspect.

Contrary to popular belief the State Police are an assisting agency, they may assist smaller agencies or areas were there is no municipal department or sheriffs department.

You can feel free to go to them, if you are not "happy" but they are going to refer you back to the jurisdiction where the alleged crime occured.

Not sure what type of crime you are alleging.
Lisa

Louisville, KY

#3 Mar 5, 2012
The state should NEVER be too busy to look into a case or assist with it. That is why you pay taxes. However, if the local police know the suspect and you feel like they won't be fair to him, talk to an attorney and definitely get it in another jurisdiction. I have always had good luck with both the KY State Police and Indiana State Police--they seem to be professional and helpful. I have done an inmate ministry and at times I did think some cope tended to pick on certain people because they knew their record or just didn't like them. Remember, you can always call your Attorney General's Office and they should be able to assist you. Good luck!

Location hidden

#4 Mar 6, 2012
My concern is the local department will not look into the case or they will favor the suspect since this individual is well known in the community.
Melanie

Louisville, KY

#5 Mar 6, 2012
SummerNights wrote:
My concern is the local department will not look into the case or they will favor the suspect since this individual is well known in the community.
I can understand that. In that case, I would call the Indiana State Police and tell them that. Unfortunately, there are way too many politics involved when it comes to the law and too many favors done. If you know any state police you could tell them your concerns and then if the local department doesn't take any action. you can always take it higher by contacting both the Governor and the Attorney General. Good luck--if it is a small town that seems to make it worse. Keep us informed on how you come out.
Melanie

Louisville, KY

#6 Mar 6, 2012
One way to get publicity for it is call the local radio and tv stations. You will be surprised what all they would pick up on. If this person has been charged and they are doing nothing this would get you some publicity. If he is just a "suspect" the media will usually look into it just for a good story. A man I know took pictures of young boys nude at the local park, which he was over. We couldn't get the local cops to do anything until AFTER we radio and tv stations get a hold of it. You might also contact your county attorney or commonewealth attorney--unless they are in with him too.

Location hidden

#7 Mar 7, 2012
Well lets just say its all suspects right now, no one seems to want to help the victim and as i asked the locals to pass this on to the state, I had the local chief of police call me admitting they new the party and suspects and seems to talk me out of having them push the case to state. Seems like everyone is working together
Melanie

Louisville, KY

#8 Mar 7, 2012
SummerNights wrote:
Well lets just say its all suspects right now, no one seems to want to help the victim and as i asked the locals to pass this on to the state, I had the local chief of police call me admitting they new the party and suspects and seems to talk me out of having them push the case to state. Seems like everyone is working together
Ok-I am somewhat confused. I realize you probably can't say anything on here. I love politics and I am very good at being a volunteer. IF it is a state case, you can most certainly call the Attorney General and tell him the problem and see what he recommends. Also, in Kentucky, and I am thinking you are in New Albany I think the Commonwealth Attorney, who I guess would be Mr. Keith A. Henderson would actually be the state since the Commonwealth Attorney is a state office. I am taking this statement "I had the local chief of police call me admitting they knew the party and suspects and seems to talk me out of of having them push the case to state. Seems like everybody is working together. Ok, are you saying the chief of police didn't think you had a case or he just didn't want to bother with taking it to the state? Did he say WHY he didn't want to take it to the state? Why does he not want to take the case to the state-he is only the chief of police and I respect his title, but by that same token I would think his main job is to write down the charges and go either to the county attorney or commonwealth attorney, based on what the charges are. By seems like everybody is working together, do you mean the cops are working together and don't even want to pursue the case at all? Or are they trying to work something out with the victim? Hey look, I will give you one of my multiple emails. If you can email me and tell me what is going on, I can call a good friend of mine and find out. He has been with the state police for about 30 years-I trust him totally. Don't put your name or anything like that. I am not on Topix that much but I was thinking I could join the forum but I guess you would have to do that to for us to receive an email. I don't say anything on here I care for anybody knowing--but I am a little hesitant to put my phone number on here. Or, you can call the state police post, block your number, etc. pay phone and get their opinion. The final deal is will the prosecutor prosecute the case with the evidence involved? The email is [email protected] I just need some more information, and no I am not a cop or anything like that. I am a self employed agent for sports players. Also, I am not very intelligent--I graduated from the University of Kentucky! LOL

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#9 Apr 4, 2012
SummerNights wrote:
They are!!!! Nothing good happens in Jeff!!!!
The truth

United States

#10 Apr 4, 2012
They are corupt suck it up and forget it. Jeff has always been that way. That Galligan the Judges Prosecutors, Police all of them, your wasting your time. What they will do us put you in jail to keep you quiet. Just a bunch of God Damn criminals! No Law there.
iam not a cop

Bowling Green, KY

#11 Jun 4, 2012
look you call a cop in scottsburg indiana they whant to take you to jail. the drug heads tell the cops what to do in scottsburg

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#12 Jun 14, 2012
The truth wrote:
They are corupt suck it up and forget it. Jeff has always been that way. That Galligan the Judges Prosecutors, Police all of them, your wasting your time. What they will do us put you in jail to keep you quiet. Just a bunch of God Damn criminals! No Law there.
there is no Justice in this Good Ole U. S. of A. You are absolutely Correct! The corruption you speak of is all across this Shit for Brains Wanna be Country! I'm so sick of Rank overriding Justice! It is Pure BullShit! We are all just a bunch of Idiots that have to work to have or keep anything unless we pay absolutely property taxes. Wow! Then they go on the Corthouse steps and sell to slumlords who don't even maintenance the properties they buy for the taxes owed. Really? We have NO FREEDOM! That is a sad sick Joke that they use to control us. Open the eyes of the government and you will absolutely disappear. Well I guess that's bout it. I could go on & on about this subject but I will close with this. I'm having to deal with the idea that my x- husband may be getting out of Prison next month. He now resides in Prison because he hit us with his truck as his x sister n law were walking across the street he threw me 47.3 feet at 45 mph. Being hit by him in a Dodge Ram 1/2 ton. Pick up truck after we were struck by him he left and fled to Tenn. he has a previous Violent and criminal charges from incidents with his First Wife. He's a Monster. He comes up for parole 7-6-12 this just happened 9-25-08

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#13 Jun 23, 2012
Wow! Why does my name cause police to draw guns on someone? Really?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeffersonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where's ROCK Jul 21 valeo 4
Tattoos Jul 20 Goo 1
Best Child Custody Lawyer Jul 12 WillieP87 1
Theatre X (Mar '11) Jul 8 Charles Walcott 101
in need of a loan shark? (Sep '13) Jul 4 Serious borrowers... 26
Cecilia Cruz (Sep '13) Jul 1 Daph 4
Cecilia Vicencio (Feb '12) Jul 1 neighbor 3

Jeffersonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance