Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | TPMDC

Oct 18, 2010 Full story: tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com 16,206

The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 In 2:44 Evan McMorris-Santoro and Clayton Ashley October 18, 2010, 11:14AM Last night's Kentucky Senate debate was one of the most brutal of the year, hands down.

Full Story
left coast

Louisville, KY

#17697 Jul 26, 2013
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me help you understand just a little.
When the coal mines and the power companies shut down, as is happening here in Western Ky. and is happening in West Virginia, many people lose jobs. Now all the companies that supply the shut down companies also get laid off. Many people have to move, or , go on food stamps, and the whole Country suffers as the tax money dries up. Then the Country borrows and this Country is now in debt to a sum not even understood by the people . Nor the POTUS>
Or, the budget would be cut. Does this help?
Industry moves to where it can make money!!
So , enter China!!
The coal mines have been dying a natural death (for about 60 years) due to cheaper and cleaner fuel. There is no "War on Coal." If you are so worried about China, you should be concerned about behemoth corporations like Wal-Mart. Here's my scenario, and it's not part of the Republican Bubble of Fantasy-land:
We buy almost all our goods and services from Wal-Mart. All of their stuff is manufactured in China. Hence, no one buys manufactured goods made in the U.S. because it's cheaper to shop at Wally World, and more convenient. Then, all the small businesses that have tried and failed to compete with Wal-Mart finally close. So those (many)thousands of ex-workers have no money. The Middle Class disintegrates, and pretty soon almost no one has any money, except of course, the billions-bloated 1%.

Wal-Wart hires temps, nowadays, to boost their bottom line. They pay very low wages, and cut benefits to the max. You are less than a number when you work for them. But someday, even they will go broke, at least in the U.S., because none of us will be able to afford to buy their junk. Now you can say, "Enter China."

Obama did not start these problems, despite your feeble attempts to try to make us believe that. A lot of the anti-union sentiment took hold when your wonderful Reagan was president. He was the one who fired all the air traffic controllers when they went on strike. They were replaced with scabs. That started a mass movement to weaken unions and undo the good they have done.

I tried to make this simple so even you could understand. Your poor writing skills have nullified your already stupid arguments. And, just to let you know, I don't generally use spell-check, because I was paying attention in school. Have a nice day.

whitehair

Eminence, KY

#17699 Jul 26, 2013
You have a different view of what made our POWER so in-expensive that this Country became the power house of manufacturing over the last 60 years . Now China is doing what the U.S. did back then. They are using coal to power the generators. The difference is that this Country has invented ways to scrub the smoke stacks and cut emissions to way below the EPA requirements, and then Obama`s EPA changed the rules to emit nothing. The change over to natural gas is costing millions and when the Power Companies do change over to gas, they have gotten the courts to allow them to collect this charge back to the customer, sometimes called the consumers. Have you not noticed the increase in rates by all electric companies.?

You may belittle, me personal, as is the practice of all Democrats, kill the messenger. But, there is no refuting Obama has kill coal as one of his ambitions. You may follow his beliefs and his pattern all you please, this is still one of our freedoms not lost.

One of the facts of life will be, electric companies will charge for this and there will be less electrical power, and as a result ,some companies, such as the one in West Ky. will start closing over the high cost of electricity.

One of the ways you could learn a little is study, instead of just name calling.
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#17700 Jul 26, 2013
It is certainly true we have little choice but to buy from Wal-mart. There are very few manufacturing companies left in the U.S. Just try to find the ole way of "buy American" and you will know.

You have a good comment, but just the wrong ideology.
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#17701 Jul 26, 2013
Don`t worry, when Obama`s Medical Reform Care kicks in many more companies will cut back to 30 hour part time workers. Why? Because it will cost the Company less!!That is something many of your beliefs fail to understand. It is all about making a profit. It is not of any interest to Washington if the poor or the middle class even exist any more. Except to serve the purpose of Washington.

How do you like the new name given of Benghazi Hillary?
You Lost Again

Pikeville, KY

#17703 Jul 27, 2013
whitehair wrote:
Don`t worry, when Obama`s Medical Reform Care kicks in many more companies will cut back to 30 hour part time workers. Why? Because it will cost the Company less!!That is something many of your beliefs fail to understand. It is all about making a profit. It is not of any interest to Washington if the poor or the middle class even exist any more. Except to serve the purpose of Washington.
How do you like the new name given of Benghazi Hillary?
You mean like the Republicans that own Wal Mart that pays slave wages now, Stupid.

Chinese Walton's.
You Lost Again

Pikeville, KY

#17704 Jul 27, 2013
whitehair wrote:
It is certainly true we have little choice but to buy from Wal-mart. There are very few manufacturing companies left in the U.S. Just try to find the ole way of "buy American" and you will know.
You have a good comment, but just the wrong ideology.
That is because of Mitt and the rest of the greedy Republitards.

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#17706 Jul 28, 2013
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
Change names many time? Why? Dodge paying , or the cops? Doesn`t matter, we don`t need to know.We do understand.
Well, Whitey, it looks like my admirer is very busy, doesn't it? I'm sure that my friends recognize that these are not my postings. Have a wonderful day, my friend!!!

Houston, TX

#17734 Jul 29, 2013
Fox News Is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>That was crude.
I'm so sorry you don't approve. You have to admit, though, that it is far nicer than most of the jokes told today. I try to keep mine clean, but I feel that it's okay, now and then, to let a bit of naughtiness tiptoe in. It acts kind of like a change of pace. Have a great day, my friend!!!

Houston, TX

#17735 Jul 29, 2013
hahaha wrote:
<quoted text>good one big Steve.
Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I hope you have a wonderful day, my friend!

Houston, TX

#17736 Jul 29, 2013
I had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue:'No good in a bed, but fine against a wall.'- Eleanor Roosevelt
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#17737 Jul 29, 2013
You Lost Again wrote:
<quoted text>That is
because of Mitt and the rest of the greedy Republitards.
This Country lost when Obama was voted in by the ones that got sucked in to his spiel. The middle and poor class have gone to all poor with a few left in the middle with jobs .You have to admit the economy has not improved under Obama. You may not agree , even when the members of the Democratic Party call Obama care a train wreck waiting to happen. Mitt is not in Office. Greedy Democrats are and control the Senate and the POTUS. The greedy Republicans are being blamed for what the greedy Democrats are doing.What is changing with either one?The systems are broken, both are screwing up.
You just can not see through the mist they put up. Takes some effort!!!
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#17738 Jul 29, 2013
BIG_STEVIE wrote:
I had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue:'No good in a bed, but fine against a wall.'- Eleanor Roosevelt
That's all right Stevie. This gives away my age, but Mrs. Roosevelt visited the Air Craft Carrier was on and said we were the cleanest , dirty mouthed people she ever saw. Of course she only communicated with the elite!

She might have heard more in my level.
Fox News Is A Joke

Pikeville, KY

#17739 Jul 30, 2013
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
This Country lost when Obama was voted in by the ones that got sucked in to his spiel. The middle and poor class have gone to all poor with a few left in the middle with jobs .You have to admit the economy has not improved under Obama. You may not agree , even when the members of the Democratic Party call Obama care a train wreck waiting to happen. Mitt is not in Office. Greedy Democrats are and control the Senate and the POTUS. The greedy Republicans are being blamed for what the greedy Democrats are doing.What is changing with either one?The systems are broken, both are screwing up.
You just can not see through the mist they put up. Takes some effort!!!
You lost Stupid, get over it. Republitards destroyed the Economy by 2008 and now it is coming back.

Houston, TX

#17740 Jul 30, 2013
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all right Stevie. This gives away my age, but Mrs. Roosevelt visited the Air Craft Carrier was on and said we were the cleanest , dirty mouthed people she ever saw. Of course she only communicated with the elite!
She might have heard more in my level.
Ha-ha! Yes, Whitey, I've read a lot about her, and FDR, and she wasn't one to sit idly by. She was all over the place, in those days, and everyone just loved her. This must have been a great memory, for you. Which carrier were you on? Have a wonderful day, my friend!!!

Houston, TX

#17741 Jul 30, 2013
A couple is sitting on the porch sipping wine. The wife says, "I love you."

The husband says, "Is that you or the wine talking?"

The wife replies, "It's me, talking to the wine."
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#17742 Jul 30, 2013
Now that was funny!

Started out on the Antietam, it was put into moth balls and we were transferred to the Valley Forge, later on served on the Roosevelt. Heard the Antietam was put back into service but never saw it again. They said the deck was rebuilt and enlarged , it was pretty small. First jets had a hard time landing. Funny how much we remember of the old times.
hollerrat

Hazard, KY

#17746 Jul 31, 2013
i agree with whitehair, the only ones that lost are real americans when the Kenyan national was selected president, these so called americans that only want a free ride will never prosper anywho
wtf

Horse Cave, KY

#17749 Jul 31, 2013
You Lost Again wrote:
<quoted text>That is because of Mitt and the rest of the greedy Republitards.
Everything is the republicans fault and 5 years of Obama's failed policies is STILL bush's fault and whaa whaa whaa. It will be nice when we have an adult president again. Maybe then America can get back on the right path.

Please tell us why Obama didn't implement all of his policies in his first two years as president when he had a DEMOCRAT MAJORITY in the House and the Senate? How did the republicans stop him from implementing his agenda then? Maybe because he was busy working on his golf stroke and handed over power to Dirty Harry and Nutsy Nancy. What did we get when our democrat/progressive president and his democrat/progressive House and Senate majority ruled for 2 looooong years? Americans got the largest piece of tax legislation, in our country's history, forced on them. That's what we got! A policy/law that is so flawed the democrats can't even implement their own Obamacrap law!

Even with a democrat president and a democrat majority Senate...Obama is still crying that the republicans in the House are stopping him from being a good president...like he wants to be. LMAO Damn those powerful republicans for having a majority in the House of Representatives! If only democrats had that majority too...the democrats and Obama could get something done. Oh wait!!! Been there, done that and all America got was the biggest tax burden in the history of our country. Never mind.
wtf

Horse Cave, KY

#17751 Jul 31, 2013
Fox News Is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>Now go eat more Faux nuts you simple minded little pos.
What's the matter? You can't answer? You only know how to blame and can't really answer any questions put to you? Where are your facts? Where are your answers? Where's your intelligence? LMMFAO! Guess you are just too busy trying to convince the world that Fox News is a joke. How's that working out for you ass clowns? Read it and weep...Fox News has been the #1 cable news channel for the last 15 years. Not CNN or PMSNBC, no matter how hard they try or how loud they cry, Fox has spanked them for 15 years and Fox is still going strong. You might wanna CHANGE your name on the forum and CHANGE your creepy obsession with Fox News...if you are serious about trying to focus on anything and everything other than Obama's many failures. It's clearly not working in your favor. LOL

Did you think you could just change your name and jump over to another thread and fool everybody? Clearly not working. What's the matter poor baby? Tired of getting your ass whipped daily on the other thread? lol You can run and you may even be able to hide for a few minutes but your stupidity shines like a beacon of light. Busted!!!!!

Houston, TX

#17755 Jul 31, 2013
whitehair wrote:
Now that was funny!
Started out on the Antietam, it was put into moth balls and we were transferred to the Valley Forge, later on served on the Roosevelt. Heard the Antietam was put back into service but never saw it again. They said the deck was rebuilt and enlarged , it was pretty small. First jets had a hard time landing. Funny how much we remember of the old times.
Thanks, Whitey, I'm glad you enjoyed the joke. By the way, thank you, and God bless you, for your service to this country, and for being a member of The Greatest Generation! I was born on July 4, 1946, almost exactly nine months after my Dad got home, so you know what his first priority was, ha-ha! Seriously, though, without you guys, and the huge sacrifices you had to endure, during those years, I shudder to think where this country would be today! Have a wonderful, and blessed day, my friend!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeffersontown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
50-year-old man accused of impregnating 13-year... 5 hr Ace McMillan 4
Wellington Jukebox (Jul '12) 9 hr Musikologist 11
Riverside Beach Music Thread Sun Musikologist 2
Transylvania Beach Music Thread (Jan '14) Oct 18 Musikologist 4
Sam Swope GM (Aug '10) Oct 16 no more GM for me 2
Fern Creek High students raise money for shooti... Oct 14 Suburban Hero 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Oct 13 Dill 687
Jeffersontown Dating
Find my Match

Jeffersontown Jobs