Mount Washington expected to introduc...

Mount Washington expected to introduce ordinance allowing Sunday alcohol sales

There are 202 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Apr 20, 2011, titled Mount Washington expected to introduce ordinance allowing Sunday alcohol sales. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

Despite objections from two local churches, Mount Washington may soon join Shepherdsville and Hillview in allowing Sunday alcohol sales.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Since: Aug 10

Shepherdsville, KY

#1 Apr 20, 2011
Bullitt needs Sunday Beer/Liquor package sales.

It's awesome that we can enjoy a drink at a restaurant and all, but I'd like to be able to enjoy one on my patio as well without having to plan ahead.

Driving to Jefferson county for a 6 pack is silly.
i agree

United States

#3 Apr 24, 2011
Adults should be able to drink when they choose.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#4 Apr 24, 2011
The ban on Sunday alcohol sales was pushed through by religious lawmakers who then turn around and tell you that you can't post the ten commandments in a goverment building because the church and state are seperate.
No Need For Sunday Sales

Lexington, KY

#5 Apr 25, 2011
It is silly to drive to louisville for a 6 pack, so just go to church come home and relax.... no need for the alcohol.... no need for Sunday sales, it should be banned everyday.

Shepherdsville, KY

#6 Apr 25, 2011
No Need For Sunday Sales wrote:
It is silly to drive to louisville for a 6 pack, so just go to church come home and relax.... no need for the alcohol.... no need for Sunday sales, it should be banned everyday.
Don't push your religion on me, thanks!
DUKEU

United States

#7 Apr 27, 2011
pattipat wrote:
The ban on Sunday alcohol sales was pushed through by religious lawmakers who then turn around and tell you that you can't post the ten commandments in a goverment building because the church and state are seperate.
not on sunday
any truth to the rummor---a very high est ranking representative of the MW City was pulled over for 'POOR' driving, maybe under ha ha but released because of who they are??????????
snowball

United States

#8 Apr 27, 2011
is this is true they should both be donald trumpted-fired

a disgrace to our city
kidding

United States

#9 Apr 27, 2011
DUKEU wrote:
<quoted text>
not on sunday
any truth to the rummor---a very high est ranking representative of the MW City was pulled over for 'POOR' driving, maybe under ha ha but released because of who they are??????????
Are you kidding?
not surprised

United States

#10 Apr 27, 2011
DUKEU wrote:
<quoted text>
not on sunday
Are you saying the good old mayor was stopped and let go because of who she was? Who was the police officer anyway? Don't you know she is above the law or saw she thinks so. Was it for speeding or some else? WHY AM I NOT SURPRISE.!!!!!!!!!
not surprised

United States

#11 Apr 27, 2011
not surprised wrote:
<quoted text>Are you saying the good old mayor was stopped and let go because of who she was? Who was the police officer anyway? Don't you know she is above the law or saw she thinks so. Was it for speeding or some else? WHY AM I NOT SURPRISE.!!!!!!!!!
Sorry should had said so and not saw and something else, not some else.

Shepherdsville, KY

#12 Apr 27, 2011
Well, if MWPD is anything like SPD, they couldn't catch the clap in a Tijuana brothel.
billy bob

United States

#13 Apr 29, 2011
subjects......don't believe any of this. i'm a straight shooter, honest and above the law.
Yo Ho

United States

#14 Apr 29, 2011
billy bob wrote:
subjects......don't believe any of this. i'm a straight shooter, honest and above the law.
sujects-why you old bag try telling the truth once in you life.
DUTCH

United States

#15 Apr 29, 2011
billy bob wrote:
Billy Bob Billy Bob why hide behind that title, everyone knows who you are.
sammy

United States

#16 Apr 30, 2011
she's at it again
we know
tell us something new
Kidding

United States

#17 May 2, 2011
DUKEU wrote:
<quoted text>
not on sunday
Shoooooooooooooooo! hiccup, hiccup, hiccup

Shepherdsville, KY

#18 May 2, 2011
Glad we could keep this serious.
Yo Ho

United States

#19 May 2, 2011
dissemble wrote:
Glad we could keep this serious.
Kidding must be you know who, she couldn't find a hole to craw into so maybe she's trying pass it off as a joke?

I agree...if true, this is very serious? Not a joke.
Crappie

United States

#20 May 4, 2011
Well did you read the cj article regarding sunday sales ordinance vote. Brenda's at it again, just like the prior election, alway threatening in order to get her way. This time it's the Council Members. "You better not vote for the ordinance or else you will pay during the next election." Like usual he ignores the facts, a vast majoity of the citizens, who voted, said YES.

So much for her contibution to the community!

By the wonder why did you push so hard for your brother to be elected? It was common knowledge way before the election he was pushing sunday sales. Same old Mt W b.s. vote for the family no matter how negative the effect will be on the city.

Dixie

Greensburg, KY

#22 May 7, 2011
Crappie wrote:
Same old B.S.errrssssssss
What say??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeffersontown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bon Air Estates Jukebox (Jul '12) 5 hr Musikologist 15
News ARREST: Louisville man charged with two counts ... Jun 23 Kaiser 1
Looking for test juice Apr '16 Weight gainer 1
Jeffersontown Jukebox (Jul '12) Nov '15 Musikologist 13
Hilary young (Oct '15) Oct '15 Curiousman 1
News Serial armed robbery suspects arrested, arraigned (Jul '15) Jul '15 Xoxogossipgirl 1
News Renaming road for King proposed (Jan '07) Jul '15 rebel111 16

Jeffersontown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jeffersontown Mortgages