'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
86,741 - 86,760 of 150,045 Comments Last updated 31 min ago
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Ex-gang leader shot in car was local ...

A 50-year-old man who was slain in South Seattle on Wednesday was a onetime power player in the region’s first gang who was camped out at a memorial to a fallen gang member.

Morales said Hargress was camping out at a memorial that had been erected to honor his friend and fellow gang member, 37-year-old Ritchie “OG Ratt” Williams.

Williams was shot in the head in the 4800 block of South Austin Street on April 10 and died the next day at Harborview Medical Center. A 25-year-old man who was with Williams that night was wounded but survived, police said.

Police have made no arrests in connection with either slaying.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/202091...

Sounds like another one might be wanting a "dirt nap" ...
``````````

Alleged Gang Member Runs Party and Pony Rental Business

The U.S. State Department currently lists MS-13 as a Transnational Criminal Organization. It is heavily involved in drug and weapons trafficking, human smuggling, money-laundering and murder for hire. MS-13 reportedly has a presence in the United States of upwards of 300 cities across 40 states.

http://www.wjcw.com/common/more.php...

“Could've been a contender here”

Since: Apr 13

I couldn't find no fight, here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I agree.-And apparently so does he.
Who got banned?
Haven't figured it out, and no one will tell me...maybe it's an Atlas Shrugged kind of secret...we'll have to wait for Part 3
Can't find a thing on WND or FOX or BECK, so how would ANYONE really know?
Reality

Waddy, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Should Obama be impeached for Benghazi cover-up and intimidation of the whistle blowers?

Without a doubt----yes.
Reality

Waddy, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

"In a land of freedom we are held hostage by the tyranny of Political Correctness."

RG III
Robert Griffin III
Redskins QB

Go RG.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Reality wrote:
Should Obama be impeached for Benghazi cover-up and intimidation of the whistle blowers?
Without a doubt----yes.
will he?----no.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

new york post ...

Authorities ID person of interest as Saudi national in marathon bombings, under guard at Boston hospital
Last Updated: 9:14 PM, April 15, 2013

It was not immediately clear why the man was hospitalized and whether he was injured in the attack or in his apprehension.

The man was caught less than two hours after the 2:50 p.m. bombing on the finish line of the race, in the heart of Boston.

12 DEAD, 50 INJURED AFTER 2 EXPLOSIONS ROCK BOSTON MARATHON

NY AUTHORITIES RAMP UP SECURITY AFTER BOSTON EXPLOSIONS

PHOTOS: EXPLOSIONS ROCK BOSTON MARATHON

A law enforcement source *confirmed to The Post that 12 people were killed and nearly 50 were injured in today's blast.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/authori...

why do libTARDs believe this
BUT
not WND ...???

must be because of that
liberalism is a mental disorder ...

syndrome ...

;~)

Night Folks

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Reality wrote:
"In a land of freedom we are held hostage by the tyranny of Political Correctness."
RG III
Robert Griffin III
Redskins QB
Go RG.
Great Bastion of Political Philosophy...Washington Redskins

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Reality wrote:
RG III
Robert Griffin III
Redskins QB
Go RG.
time to rise up in arms

and it's RG3

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
new york post ...
Authorities ID person of interest as Saudi national in marathon bombings, under guard at Boston hospital
It was not immediately clear why the man was hospitalized and whether he was injured in the attack or in his apprehension.
The man was caught less than two hours after the 2:50 p.m. bombing on the finish line of the race, in the heart of Boston.
A law enforcement source *confirmed to The Post that 12 people were killed and nearly 50 were injured in today's blast.
BUT
not WND ...???
must be because of that
syndrome ...
;~)
Night Folks
sweet dreams, my bottom bitch

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
new york post ...
BUT
not WND ...???
must be because of that
syndrome ...
;~)
Night Folks
ask the Almighty Jesus H Beck

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Republicans are always wrong...finally something they are good at

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Last week, Pew delivered some pretty bad news to Republicans: Americans just aren't all that into them. And if Republicans wanted to turn things around, they had to do things like drop social issues, stop hating on science, and begin compromising a bit.

Today, Pew delivered even more bad news to the GOP:

Sixty-two percent of adults say the GOP is out of touch with the American people, 56 percent say it’s not open to change and 52 percent say it’s too extreme, according to a Pew Research Center poll released Tuesday.

Forty-six percent of adults say the Democratic Party is out of touch with the American people, 38 percent of people say it’s not open to change and 39 percent say it’s too extreme.

That 39 percent fringe is alive and well, but it doesn't curry agreement from most Americans ("real" Americans, if you will).

That's not the only bad poll for our friends on the other side of the aisle:
NBC-WSJ poll: By 48%-43%, Americans say Obama takes "unifying" rather than "partisan" approach. By 64%- 22%, they say GOP does the opposite
—@JohnJHarwood via web

Those are brutal numbers, even if you account for the 22 percent of morons who think Republicans are in any way unifying. Hell, conservatives can't unify their own freakin' party, much less the rest of America.

Which leaves Republicans with their typical quandary—Americans don't like divisive leaders. Republicans are seen as divisive. But if elected Republicans take any steps to appear more conciliatory or open to bipartisanship, their rabid base will rebel and shred them from the Right.

In other words, what is popular with America is popular with the liberal base. What is popular with the conservative base is not popular with America. That ends up giving Democrats—so long as they follow public opinion—quite the electoral competitive edge. And nothing in the recent polling changes that assessment.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Evidence of the Republican party’s branding problem continues to pile up in a new poll from NBC and the Wall Street Journal. And for those who want the GOP to dig in its heels and fight on the fiscal cliff, the news is even worse.

From NBC’s summary of the poll:

The survey – conducted a month after November’s election – also shows a positive uptick in opinion toward President Barack Obama, and more negative views about defeated GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney and the Republican Party. The poll also finds that a majority of Americans now support gay marriage.[...]

But if Obama is getting a lift after the election, the Republican Party is seeing a further decline.

The GOP’s favorable/unfavorable rating in the poll now stands at 30 percent/45 percent (minus-15 points), which is down from 36 percent/43 percent (minus-7) right before the election.

That’s compared with the Democratic Party’s 44 percent/35 percent rating (plus-9 points).

What’s more, asked to give a word or short phrase to describe the Republican Party, 65 percent offered a negative comment, including more than half of Republicans.

Some of the responses:“Bad,”“weak,”“negati ve,”“uncompromising,”“need to work together,”“broken,”“disorganiz ed” and “lost.”

The Washington Post is even more brutal in its summary of the findings of the poll:

The poll tested the positive and negative ratings for 11 politicians or political institutions. The lowest rated — in terms of the differential between positive and negative ratings — was the Republican Party, with a 30 percent positive score and a 45 percent negative score. Of the five worst positive-to-negative ratios, Republicans claimed four of them.(The lone exception: Susan Rice with a 20 positive/24 percent net-negative score.)[...]

What those numbers make clear is that the Republican brand is badly damaged. It is regarded by too many people as an uncompromising relic of the past — a party that lacks new ideas and is, therefore, forced to largely serve as a blockade to the other side.(That’s the biggest reason, by the way, why Republicans should be interested in compromising on the fiscal cliff. They gap between how Obama is regarded and how they are seen is enough to make going over the cliff a genuine political loser for them.)

Republicans have and will continue to insist that they have put out new ideas, but the reality is that the American public doesn’t perceive them that way.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Chris Christie, the Most Hated Republican Among Republicans, Is the Most Popular Republican in the Country
Posted by Paul Constant on Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 1:45 PM

1. The Washington Post says:

Christie has seen a massive boost in his popularity in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, with 77 percent of New Jerseyans saying they approve of the governor in a new Fairleigh Dickinson University poll released Monday. That’s up from 56 percent before Sandy.(Respondents from the first poll were re-contacted for the second one.)

It's easy to look at those numbers and think that Christie is on the way up—the first paragraph in the WaPo story suggests that Christie should start thinking about 2016—but approval ratings always look good right after a disaster. Christie probably has his reelection in the bag, but let's not hyperventilate over that 77 percent just yet. And let's not forget that nationally, Republicans assume that Christie is a big reason why President Obama was reelected,(he wasn't) and those very good New Jersey numbers aren't going to persuade voters in, say, Iowa that Christie isn't a big traitor.

2. Elsewhere, Jeb Bush met with campaign operatives for about an hour, presumably to talk about his presidential prospects. One of the people he met with? "Neil Newhouse, Mitt Romney's campaign pollster." I don't know if Romney's poll guy is the first person I'd meet with to talk realistically about a presidential run; Newhouse is a big reason why Romney was so confident he was going to win Ohio, and he had a hand in that whole unskewed polls thing the Republicans were bandying about.

3. And Jon Huntsman continues to demonstrate why so many Democrats wanted to love him and why so many Republicans outright hated him:

Former Republican presidential candidate Jon Huntsman on Monday urged lawmakers, including those in his own party, to temper their criticism of the administration's handling of the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

If the Republican Party realistically considered how they lost the 2012 presidential election, they'd look to Huntsman as a model of what their next candidate should look like. Instead, they're calling a member of the Bush family a "fresh" face. On the other hand, who can blame them? Richard Nixon was the last Republican to win the presidency on a ticket without a Bush.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

"When a physician removes a child from a woman, that is the largest organ in a body. That's a big thing. That's a big surgery. You don't have any other organs in your body that are bigger than that."
...Alabama state Rep. Mary Sue McClurkin (R), defending her sweeping anti-abortion bill.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

"They are going to cull the herd, so that instead of having billions, we'll only have hundreds of millions of human beings on the face of the planet."
...Alan Keyes, warning what's behind President Obama's gun control proposal.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

"Some people could make the argument that a lot of people like being in abusive relationships. It's a love-hate relationship. It's very, very common for people to stick around with somebody they love who also abuses him or her."
...New Hampshire state Rep. Mark Warden (R), during a debate on a bill to reduce the penalty for simple assault.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

"Slavery and abortion are the two most horrendous things this country has done but when you think about the immorality of wild, lavish spending on our generation and forcing future generations to do without essentials just so we can live lavishly now, it's pretty immoral."
...Rep. Louis Gohmert (R-Texas), equating slavery with the national debt.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

"Like most men, I'm more opposed to violence against women than even violence against men. Because most men can handle it a little better than a lot of women can."
...Rep. Jimmy Duncan (R-Tenn.), speaking on anti-violence legislation.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

"There's a lot of ill will towards Sen. Hagel because when he was a Republican, he attacked President Bush mercilessly. At one point, he said he was the worst president since Herbert Hoover, said the surge was the worst blunder since the Vietnam War, which is nonsense. He was very 'anti 'his own party, and people don't forget that."
...Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), explaining the GOP backlash against Chuck Hagel.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Jeffersontown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Jeffersontown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Jeffersontown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jeffersontown