Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,658)

Showing posts 73,141 - 73,160 of81,549
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

RAPIDFIRE wrote:
@ AB Thanks, and I looking forward to the game too . hope there's no overtime, don't know if heart can stand it ! haha, too bad we lost noel,but stein has stepped up alot,so has mays, now if wiltser would get off his lazy butt, don't know whats happened to him. but they will have their hands full today, GO CATS <> GO BIG BLUE !!!
Alright, another Wildcat fan. I am so happy. No one else on here cares. haha I BLEED BLUE and have since I was a child. Grew up watching them. Those overtime games require oxygen masks close by. My heart and stomach needed a good hour until it settled down. I really hated that Nerlens was injured. He was really getting even better as they learned how to play with each other as a team. I am happy that Willie has stepped up and made a difference. I know Kyle needs to as well. He was doing good, bombing 3 pointers, but the last couple games it is like he is lost out there. Mays has improved a lot. I know Arkansas will be tough at home. They beat Florida. I just hope they all are having a good game day. I am sick of hearing about us being on the bubble. I can't imagine this team playing the NIT. We haven't done that since the Billy G. days. It is called MARCH MADNESS for a reason. Can't count the CATS out yet. Enjoy the game. C-A-T-S, CATS, CATS, CATS!!

So happy you are a UK fan.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

I bleed blood and don't get very excited about anything, but then I dont get depressed either.

If I did, I would be upset that the phone is out again. But both of my sons are psychic and called while I still had service. All is well.

Rapid and I discussed deer meat last night and even though I don't have any, I fixed a small beef roast and potatoes in a big pot on the wood burner then took out the potatoes for a roast beef, mashed potatoes and brown gravy. Too stuffed for a bed nap, so dog and I will take a recliner nsp with the tv on something boring. LOL
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Hmmm wrote:
I guess, u have Got ur own click, just like society. Lol, guess I shall forget about asking where cheap bird seed is. I wasn't making fun of this forum, after reading a little bit, I thought hey these peeps are actually nice and decent, but I guess you have to be in with ya. No worries, I am quite use to being alone. Have a nice night anyway.
Roll with life that's all we do here on this thread. We try to be kind, comedic and helpful without knowing it sometimes. Most are older folks; some of us have not much longer to go. And I myself have tried not to step on the Ol banana peel too early. Hehe. Just try to be understanding; we all don't have good days and out straight forward responses might sound heckling which quite often I think not. Love our Peeps And remember even in your mind you are never alone. People do care, have empathy and will be bluntly honest on here. Have a good one;)
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Oh well, the "CATS" lost the arkansa game today, they played hard , well most of the did anyway. we won't get in to who did'nt , haha ! just too many turn-overs, period. CaL is doing good with what he's got though. And its not over yet !!! GO BLUE !
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Roll with life that's all we do here on this thread. We try to be kind, comedic and helpful without knowing it sometimes. Most are older folks; some of us have not much longer to go. And I myself have tried not to step on the Ol banana peel too early. Hehe. Just try to be understanding; we all don't have good days and out straight forward responses might sound heckling which quite often I think not. Love our Peeps And remember even in your mind you are never alone. People do care, have empathy and will be bluntly honest on here. Have a good one;)
Amen to that Misty ! and roll on mississippi , roll on !

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

What a day, what a dayy!!!!
Ancient Wolf

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Woke up at 11 pm with the phone working again and no one to call. LOL
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

RAPIDFIRE wrote:
Oh well, the "CATS" lost the arkansa game today, they played hard , well most of the did anyway. we won't get in to who did'nt , haha ! just too many turn-overs, period. CaL is doing good with what he's got though. And its not over yet !!! GO BLUE !
Hi Rapid, that game really sucked. They came out like they were hungry for a win and then fell apart. I mean, really, five tries for Ark at a shot, those turnovers killed them. Those fans sure gave it to Archie (from Ark) since he chose KY over them. But like you state, it's not over yet, that is why they call it March Madness.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Seen this on the news. It is even on the National News. Down around betty's way. I hope no we know was involved or delayed. What a crazy wreck:

Six people were killed and two others were in critical condition after two separate accidents across the median from one another on Interstate 65 south of Elizabethtown on Saturday, March 2, 2013.

http://www.wave3.com/slideshow...

Really sad.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Still no Hempburn or Nope???

Hey lala, misty eyed, AW, and the rest of the bird threaders. Still blowing that white stuff outside. Not doing anything.

This reminded me of Una when I seen it. I think there was some discussion about SPAM. lol

Spam is sizzling again, and Hormel is smiling

Sales of the once-derided 'ham in a can' are soaring. And a new digital ad campaign aims to put the meat on more plates than ever.

It's the canned protein that helped America get through the Depression and fed the Allies as they won World War II. No, it's annoying unsolicited messages in your email in-box, apparently given its name from a hilarious Monty Python skit. No, it's a once-derided mystery meat that's now making inroads with a new generation of consumers and now even has its own spokescharacter, Sir Can-A-Lot...
Turns out Spam (short for "spiced ham") is all of the above.

http://money.msn.com/now/post.aspx...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

For lala,

Three - The Pony

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Too cute. Love the Christine McVie song. lol
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

This made me laugh, because it is so true.

You know you're from the South when there's a chance for an inch of snow and they close everything!!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Hope everyone had a great Saturday night.

Goodnight
Ancient Wolf

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

while I had my coffee, I was thinking of this:

Well, I woke up Sunday morning
and put on my cleanest, dirty shirt
and the beer I had for breakfast
was so good, I had another for dessert

Probably a lot of poor souls out there this morning just like this. GOD bless them just as HE has blessed me.
Ancient Wolf

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

I looked the song up on Youtube with Johnny and Kris and while the words are not quite right; the meaning is still the same.
people

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

okay wrote:
This is absolutely insane. Something needs to be done for those poor birds and fish.
you are wright

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Well, a cold morning. There's some snow on the grass and a little bit on the road. Hope to put out more seeds for the birds before I have to head out today.
oh yes

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Very cold today.
qwerty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

You might be easily frustrated or disappointed today as the toilet and Uranus clash briefly. Don't allow anyone to take advantage of you in this state; if anyone asks you if you can do them a favor, say I don't know; if anyone tries to sell you something, say I'll have to think about it. Don't do anything that will have a big impact on your butt or make any important decisions today. It's better to coast along, doing your job and minding your own business.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

The snow has pretty much all melted away. DO check for black ice if you have to drive. Putting out the new bird seed, I was nearly attacked by birds! They were hungry and wanted me out of the way. haha!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 73,141 - 73,160 of81,549
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jeffersontown Discussions

Search the Jeffersontown Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 12 min Calvin_Coolish 144,847
noah duke (Feb '11) 11 hr djc 20
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 17 hr LMS 26,171
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 17 hr LMS 16,112
eddie dennis (Dec '13) 17 hr whitey 7
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) Thu ques 1,008
lived in Eastwood in the 70's (Mar '11) Jul 9 Oldster 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Jeffersontown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••