Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,677

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#85787 Feb 12, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Even with my own sunglasses and not the cheap throw-aways they gave me, it was a bit rough making the 30 miles trip back in that lovely sunshine everyone is so enjoying. I got the wide eyes and just scanning the posts until later tonight. Cataract replacement lenses are fine. One is 8 years old and the other is 5.
For any who have never had that done, they scrape the film off the back of the eye and install a fake lens. Immediately, better sight and no longer looking through what appears to be the bottom of a Coca Cola bottle. There is really no pain and the worst you feel is like someone dropped a small poece of something really cold in the corner of your eye. A piece of cake.. speaking of which.. Today is FAT TUESDAY... Let's eat. LOL You folks have a good day. I will be back when I can see better.
I had bilateral cataract surgery, with new lenses implanted. For the first time in my life, I did not need to wear glasses, except to read. For an extra $5,000. per eye, I could have had implants that would allow me to see near and far. I said, for that kind of money, I could buy myself a ton of reading glasses. No, thanks.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#85788 Feb 12, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Where is everybody today. I'm getting lonely without you folks. Haven't sen Nope and Hempburn for awhile.
Hey lala. I been busy lately and perhaps not much to contribute here but I'm still around, so don't get too lonely

Location hidden

#85789 Feb 12, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I love my life. I have my piano, work, friends, lots of books and my grown children. I like my weirdness and embrace it.
Looks like you came to the right place when you posted here.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85790 Feb 12, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I love my life. I have my piano, work, friends, lots of books and my grown children. I like my weirdness and embrace it.
Nothing like a good book. My Auntie once said: " If we were all the same, this world would be a boring place." How precisely right she is:)

Location hidden

#85791 Feb 12, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey lala. I been busy lately and perhaps not much to contribute here but I'm still around, so don't get too lonely
Miss your morning reports. I read every one of them. You know, when Una passed, you just happened to stop posting around the same time. For a short time, I thought that Una may have had a "good sock" and was posting under your moniker. I went all the way back to Una's last post, to try to find "Hempburn" posting after that date. It was with great relief that I found you. LOL. How's the pup doing?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#85792 Feb 12, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like you came to the right place when you posted here.
I started posting here over a year ago-- insomnia brought me
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85793 Feb 12, 2013
I'm waiting on George R. R. Martin's latest novel which could be several years. I enjoy several charactersfrom the Game of Thrones series. I began reading Mark Twain's / Samuel Clemen's biography months ago. Terry Goodkind's Naked Empire kept me enthralled for hours. Reading, poetry and gardening are my favorite pastimes. Can't wait until spring:)
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85794 Feb 12, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I started posting here over a year ago-- insomnia brought me
I have relatives suggesting everything under the sun for insomnia. Sometimes the chamomile works, more often not. Books often help. I just can't concentrate like I used to.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#85795 Feb 12, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text>I have relatives suggesting everything under the sun for insomnia. Sometimes the chamomile works, more often not. Books often help. I just can't concentrate like I used to.
I read a lot ! I usually polish off two books a week jumping between fiction and non-fiction (big history fan).
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85796 Feb 12, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I read a lot ! I usually polish off two books a week jumping between fiction and non-fiction (big history fan).
You sound like Partner. LOL. I have to going at the moment: Decoding the Enochian Secrets and The Law of Nines by Terry Goodkind.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85798 Feb 12, 2013
Good evening bird threaders. Had a great lunch and full day shopping with my two best friends. On to UK party which was bummed out after our star player Nerlens Noel went down and taken to a Florida hospital. Possible ACL knee injury from what it looked like. He was in major pain. Hoping and praying for this young player to be alright. Not just because we need him.:)

Seen the earthquake in Nevada?

Magnitude 5.2 quake hits western Nevada, no injuries reported

WASHINGTON (Reuters)- A magnitude 5.2 earthquake struck western Nevada on Tuesday, close to the California border, the U.S. Geological Survey said, and there was no immediate word of any injuries or significant damage.

http://news.yahoo.com/magnitude-5-2-quake-hit...

From the map: Solomon Islands , Indonesia Japan all had 5.+ magnitude

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85799 Feb 12, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
And as always Abeliever nice to see and read You!
Back at you Blueminer. Happy to see you here. Hope everything gets better for you. Hang in there!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85800 Feb 12, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Those sculptures were beautiful. Too bad they will melt. Oh, well, beauty is ephemeral, isn't it.
There were magnificent. I had to laugh when I see the horse story had made it as the Godvine story like so many videos do. I had to watch it again, it is so funny.

Smart Horse Helps His Pals Escape From a Stable

We knew horses were smart, but we didn't know they were THIS smart! Watch as one of God's beautiful creatures outwits his owners and helps himself and his friend out of their stalls!

http://www.godvine.com/Smart-Horse-Escapes-fb...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85801 Feb 12, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Haha. I swear, I think that dump was deliberate. Did you see how the horse galloped right over to the tree and then so carefully change directions? ROFL. Bad day perhaps. Funny, I agree.
haha, I agree. That horse wasn't having any of that competition. It definitely looked like it was deliberate. I love the animal videos. lol

I also like the love, compassion, and effort that humans display trying to save them. I post allot of those too! Here's one I seen today:

This frigid swimming pool is no place for a blind horse

Meet Payton, a blind horse who wandered away from her Indiana home and plunged into a neighbor's frigid swimming pool. Jack Harvey discovered the stranded horse in his pool Sunday morning and called for help, but when the horse began to shiver and lose consciousness, Harvey and a sheriff's deputy brought his Jeep to the side of the pool and used a winch to help guide her to the shallow end, cutting the pool cover as she moved along. Finally more help arrived and a team coaxed Payton up the steps and onto dry land, bundling her up with blankets in Harvey's heated garage. Payton's now been returned to her thankful owner and is doing fine.

http://now.msn.com/payton-the-blind-horse-fal...
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#85802 Feb 12, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
There were magnificent. I had to laugh when I see the horse story had made it as the Godvine story like so many videos do. I had to watch it again, it is so funny.
Smart Horse Helps His Pals Escape From a Stable
We knew horses were smart, but we didn't know they were THIS smart! Watch as one of God's beautiful creatures outwits his owners and helps himself and his friend out of their stalls!
http://www.godvine.com/Smart-Horse-Escapes-fb...
Speaking of smart, I see a girl in Essux, was recently tested and found to have an IQ of 161. Well, that's good and all but I just can't date a woman with an IQ ten points higher than me,, no way.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#85803 Feb 12, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Miss your morning reports. I read every one of them. You know, when Una passed, you just happened to stop posting around the same time. For a short time, I thought that Una may have had a "good sock" and was posting under your moniker. I went all the way back to Una's last post, to try to find "Hempburn" posting after that date. It was with great relief that I found you. LOL. How's the pup doing?
Pup is being a pup,, seems he forgot he is fully house broken today and left a butt biscuit in the house. I think he's more mexican than russell, little immigrant.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#85804 Feb 12, 2013
they are replaying the state of the union address on bet in ten minutes in case anyone missed it while watching coverage of the shoot out :)
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85805 Feb 12, 2013
Hello Hempburn, Betty, glad to see you.

Happy the pup is doing good.

We turned the the SOTU on as soon as UK lost that game to Florida.

Glad you are here to enjoy this dog/cat/fox videos. I figured I would read up on the news, post a few things for those popping back in to read after I sign off. lol

Your dog really does understand you...

Dog owners swear their pet understands them - and scientists think so too

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/articl...

Cat and fox pals prove unlikely animal friends might be the sweetest

It's hard to decide which is cuter: the fluffy fox or the soft-looking white kitty with the little black Mohawk stripe. But cutest of all might be the unlikely friendship between these two creatures that's as touching as it is surprising. Click through the photos above to see them frolic and play together on rocky terrain. A little harmless wrestling (never mind those sharp teeth), some scampering (with the cat chasing the fox, no less), and finally, a happy snuggle. Can we get a collective "Aw"?[Source]

http://now.msn.com/cat-and-fox-are-friends-a-...

God's creatures are amazing.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85806 Feb 12, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of smart, I see a girl in Essux, was recently tested and found to have an IQ of 161. Well, that's good and all but I just can't date a woman with an IQ ten points higher than me,, no way.
haha, most men can't.:)

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#85807 Feb 12, 2013
Hi Bird peeps. Glad to see everyone tonight. I've been laying low today, not feeling well again.

Two days ago heart palpations started back up again with a vengeance and I just generally feel like crap. Getting dizzy spells again, periods of being lightheaded, and shortness of breath too. It comes and goes. I have no idea what's going on, but I have a feeling that I probably have another artery that's severely blocked again. It's too soon though, since not long ago I had an angioplasty with stent placements.

So those of you who believe in prayer, could you send some my way? It's too early for me to start having symptoms like this already after my last procedure and I'm getting worried. On top of these symptoms, it causes me to have severe panic attacks because I don't know yet what's going on.. Anyone who's ever had a heart attack is well aware that you don't generally know one is coming until it stomps your butt...

Thanks guys. I'd appreciate all the prayers you all can muster up. There is power in numbers!! And I believe in the power of prayer!!

Love ya'll,
_-_Nope_-_

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeffersontown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wellington Jukebox (Jul '12) 43 min Musikologist 11
50-year-old man accused of impregnating 13-year... 1 hr Wayne 1
Riverside Beach Music Thread Sun Musikologist 2
Transylvania Beach Music Thread (Jan '14) Oct 18 Musikologist 4
Sam Swope GM (Aug '10) Oct 16 no more GM for me 2
Fern Creek High students raise money for shooti... Oct 14 Suburban Hero 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Oct 13 Dill 687
Jeffersontown Dating
Find my Match

Jeffersontown Jobs