Letter: Answer clear for Episcopal bishop

Oct 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Green Bay Press-Gazette

Bishop Jacobus stated the national Episcopal church should have spent more time in theological study. Ya think? ...
Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Oct 29, 2012

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

from Green Bay Press-Gazette:

"The problem Bishop Jacobus thinks he faces come in the next few paragraphs. He states the need to survey clergy and their congregations in order that this 'liturgy blessing' not become a 'divisive' issue. His real problem is not facing the fact that this 'liturgy blessing' should be a divisive issue. The Bible should be the gold standard as to how a Christian church should conduct its business ...

"And finally, Bishop Jacobus, try following Paulís admonition to Timothy,'Do your best to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.'(2 Timothy 2:15). Unity may build beautiful sanctuaries, but the price may be many dead bones inside."
Jehovah is God

Claremore, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Judged:

Jesus Christ knew the world of mankind was and still is alienated from Almighty God Jehovah, the God of Israel at that time, it was the example and teaching of Jesus the Jews were suppose to imitate, and the Law of Moses to obey as Jesus taught accurately at that time.
Matthew 3:1-3

The Jews,and their religion were not acceptable to Almighty Jehovah God, the religion of Judaism was split and the teachings of men obeyed over the Law of Moses. It was time for the Jews to repent and accept the way of salvation through Jesus, their promised Messiah.
Matthew 23:37-39
Jehovah is God

Claremore, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Judged:

Today the world of mankind is being given notice that Almighty God Jehovah is now ruling as Universal Sovereign and King through his only begotten son Jesus, as King of God's kingdom, and King of kings and Lord of lords of this earth. Revelation 11:15

Anyone who wants to be a subject of Jesus as King, must bring their life into harmony with Almighty God Jehovah's requirements for life in his new world, which will replace this world very soon. Isaiah 65:17

Homosexuality has been a lifestyle for eons of time since the world has been under the rulership and control of Satan the Devil. Do not think Jesus condoned homosexualitiy or homosexuals, he was very specific in his teachings.

(Matthew 5:29, 30).†.†.If, now, that right eye of yours is making you stumble, tear it out and throw it away from you. For it is more beneficial to you for one of your members to be lost to you than for your whole body to be pitched into Ge∑hen′na. 30†Also, if your right hand is making you stumble, cut it off and throw it away from you. For it is more beneficial to you for one of your members to be lost than for your whole body to land in Ge∑hen′na.

The Jews knew this illustration to be a lesson to obey, it showed the basic sin you commit is not acceptable to Jehovah God, we must be obedient to the chaste conduct expected as servants of Jehovah God, our creator and God of the Bible. Jesus set the example for his followers by obeying Jehovah God's word.
John 14:31

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Judged:

Jehovah is God wrote:
Jesus Christ knew the world of mankind was and still is alienated from Almighty God Jehovah, the God of Israel at that time, it was the example and teaching of Jesus the Jews were suppose to imitate, and the Law of Moses to obey as Jesus taught accurately at that time.
Matthew 3:1-3
The Jews,and their religion were not acceptable to Almighty Jehovah God, the religion of Judaism was split and the teachings of men obeyed over the Law of Moses. It was time for the Jews to repent and accept the way of salvation through Jesus, their promised Messiah.
Matthew 23:37-39
So you're saying that Jews are in open rebellion against Jehovah God, correct ?
Listen to the Word

Bullhead City, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Depends on what you mean by Jews -- race or religion. Christians believe that salvation is available only through faith in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and promised Messiah and Savior. Christians would also believe that Jews, by religion, are in open rebellion against God. By the same token, Jews would logically say the same things about Christians. They would, of necessity, have to say that Christians are worshiping a false God when they worship Jesus Christ as God. They would, of necessity, have to say that Christians are in open rebellion against God for worshsiping Jesus Christ instead of Jehovah or Jahwe.

Does that meant Christians and Jews should disrespect each other or discriminate against each other. Of course not. It simply means that we recongize that Christianity and the Jewish religion are two different religions and that we respect the honesty of each when they stand up for their convictions.

Ecumenism which has tried to emphasize similarities between religions to the exclusion of differences has not accomplished much in the promotion of religion in the world. There is nothing wrong with doctrinal integrity in religion and there is nothing wrong in holding to one's convictions. Most people respect religious leaders who take a stand and stick to it rather than having wishy-washy leaders who are all over the place in what religion says.

I would hope that leaders in my church are convinced our teachings are true. I respect leaders of other churches and religions who say my teachings are false. It shows they know the difference and it shows that teachings do make a difference. I would hope others feel the same about their faith.

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Listen to the Word wrote:
Depends on what you mean by Jews -- race or religion. Christians believe that salvation is available only through faith in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and promised Messiah and Savior. Christians would also believe that Jews, by religion, are in open rebellion against God. By the same token, Jews would logically say the same things about Christians. They would, of necessity, have to say that Christians are worshiping a false God when they worship Jesus Christ as God. They would, of necessity, have to say that Christians are in open rebellion against God for worshsiping Jesus Christ instead of Jehovah or Jahwe.
Does that meant Christians and Jews should disrespect each other or discriminate against each other. Of course not. It simply means that we recongize that Christianity and the Jewish religion are two different religions and that we respect the honesty of each when they stand up for their convictions.
Ecumenism which has tried to emphasize similarities between religions to the exclusion of differences has not accomplished much in the promotion of religion in the world. There is nothing wrong with doctrinal integrity in religion and there is nothing wrong in holding to one's convictions. Most people respect religious leaders who take a stand and stick to it rather than having wishy-washy leaders who are all over the place in what religion says.
I would hope that leaders in my church are convinced our teachings are true. I respect leaders of other churches and religions who say my teachings are false. It shows they know the difference and it shows that teachings do make a difference. I would hope others feel the same about their faith.
Excellent post !

I just moved here this month, and there are no churches of my 2 denominations nearby. I'm afraid I will have to travel 130 miles round trip on Sundays just to attend the church I have been attending this year.:(

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jefferson Discussions

Search the Jefferson Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WI Who do you support for Governor in Wisconsin in... (Oct '10) Thu Jaimie 6,989
WI Wisconsin Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Jul 21 selfridge 451
Local judge charged with providing alcohol to m... (Aug '06) Jul 14 Angry citizen 43
County hires O'Rourke as psychiatrist Jun '14 humanSpirit 1
WI Who do you support for Attorney General in Wisc... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Judge 88
WI Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in W... (Oct '10) Apr '14 Tealiban faschists 45
WI Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Wisconsin... (Oct '10) Mar '14 MERCER SCHOOL FACTS 2,233
•••
•••
•••
Jefferson Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Jefferson Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••