DOT Gathers Public Input on Highway 2...

DOT Gathers Public Input on Highway 221 Widening

There are 5 comments on the High Country Press story from Apr 2, 2009, titled DOT Gathers Public Input on Highway 221 Widening. In it, High Country Press reports that:

Division 11 Construction Engineer Trent Beaver answers questions about the U.S. 221 Widening Project at a Citizens Informational Workshop held last Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at High Country Press.

Oak Ridge Builders

Greensboro, NC

#1 Apr 12, 2009
I am a contractor and have built 3 homes in Titus Ridge Development off of Hwy 221. We have already sold 2 of those homes. I have 1 left on lot 10 in Titus Ridge. I had a perspective buyer a couple of weeks ago who heard a rumer that this new road could affect that lot. This is serious business for me as I am sure you can understand. I planned on building more homes in Titus Ridge. We don't know what to tell perspective home buyers. Can you give me some concrete information on this. As of now I have a 479,000 house sitting there and this could keep it from selling.
I would appreciate a response.
driver

Anderson, SC

#2 Apr 14, 2009
I understand your problem but we need roads around here way more than we need more summer homes.
lets all get crazy

Creston, NC

#3 Apr 15, 2009
I agree with driver. I drive this road twice a day to commute to work. God forbid if there happens to be an accident on this road. You will sit in traffic for hours. We need alot of road improvement in the high country area not just 221. We don't need to add more drivers to our already conjested areas.
Just A Red Neck

Laurel Springs, NC

#4 Dec 19, 2009
Ya Know Pal, A really GOOD place for you to build homes is in sunny Florida..........We really, really, have enough of crap like yours here..........Too many people, not enough jobs, and not enough roads..........
bob

United States

#5 Dec 20, 2009
He's just trying to make a living just like the rest of us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jefferson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) 2 hr twicetime2lady 4,882
News Maroon 5 scrap North Carolina shows 7 hr Retired SOF 24
News Heroin problem spreading in Charlotte (Apr '13) Sat mooksmom 18
News Charlotte, N.C., mayor Patrick Cannon arrested ... (Mar '14) Sat mooksmom 15
Pain relief Sat jaygee 6
Extended stay america May 27 Oh really 2
Transexual toilets are great! May 27 Oh really 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jefferson Mortgages