Vine Grove, KY

#1 Oct 24, 2010
What's going on out at Gates Rubber? Is the company looking good? Are they good to work for?
the painful truth

Johnson City, TN

#2 Jun 26, 2011
Gates is just like all the other factories who move into this area- they are here because they can get cheaper labor here, and don't have to worry about unions. Soon after they get their employees trained, they will go to 12 hour shifts so they can run the plant 24 hours without paying any overtime. You will be paid every 2 weeks, and work 3 12 hour shifts one week, and 4 shifts the next week. these will be split up so you will work every other weekend,both days. They had strict no smoking policy in Glade-if you were caught, you're fired. Employees were not allowed outside the building at lunch or breaks. Just last week, two girls from Saltville were fired because they played music too loud in the parking lot. They are very demanding, and treat employees like they own them. Employees of this company badly need union representation.Just ask some of the employees who are being bussed over from Glade, to train others to take their jobs. You would be wasting your time to take a job in the plant moved from Glade- it won't be in jefferson long. Just look at the condition of the building. They will soon move it out West. There's a group out of Denver running the plant now, aqnd they are really a bunch of assholes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jefferson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-gang members try to stop violence (Aug '07) 5 hr klw16 27
The love of my life Jon 20 hr Jons Friend 80
Anyone know Andrea Worked for Grainger (May '11) Wed AOL 3
R & H Realty Tue Info Plz 1
Hung n Pumped Oct 6 New Meat 3
where can i buy a jug to use in a jug band (Jul '13) May '15 Proud Mama 2
Store Building (Aug '13) Aug '13 Woody 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jefferson Mortgages