Good Book: Gideons celebrate 100 year...

Good Book: Gideons celebrate 100 years of spreading the word

There are 1 comment on the LA Daily News story from Jan 3, 2009, titled Good Book: Gideons celebrate 100 years of spreading the word. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Long before cable television, spa treatments and eco-friendly soaps and shampoos became staples in hotel rooms, there was the Bible - the Gideon Bible.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

Lynda

Whittier, CA

#1 Jan 5, 2009
I certainly congradulate the Gideons on their 100th anniversary! I have really taken to heart the Word of God the last fifteen years or so. It really saddens me to hear people make a mockery of the Bible despite all the archaeological and scientific evidence of its truth and accuracy. Lawsuits by the ACLU and other such orginizations are only going to increase people's apathy which almost brings me to tears. Another thing that has (In my opinion) increased people's indifference to Scripture is Born-Again Christians relentlessly standing on street corners shoving their Bibles down other people's throats (I am Armenian Orthodox) basically trying to force people to believe as they do, which only seems to create animosity rather than converts. These "Christians" blatantly fail to realize that in Matt. 7:12 Jesus Christ specifically states "Whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the law and the prophets." (ESV) I don't think they would like other other people dictating what they are to believe. Their use of various Bible verses as scare tactics to get people to accept their characture of Christ is, in my Orthodox opinion, absolute heresy. If their methods seemed to work I would be joining them.

Congradulations once again to the Gideons! I certainly hope their work can continue for anothe 100 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jefferson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where the Blues at? 10 hr Needhelp 4
Need a plug (Jan '17) 10 hr Needhelp 39
Abortion is Wrong Tue JohnBarron 2
All Teachers Are Way Overpaid Tue JohnBarron 2
News N.C., S.C. targeting illegal workers (May '06) Tue Hooch maid Nam 84
Adult video arcades Tue Packing meat 1
News Man wanted for multiple charges, cutting off mo... Mon Sandy 1

Jefferson Jobs

Personal Finance

Jefferson Mortgages