Glendon fails her values, her Church

Glendon fails her values, her Church

There are 139 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from May 4, 2009, titled Glendon fails her values, her Church. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

Mary Ann Glendon's decision to reject Notre Dame's Laetare Medal for distinguished service to the Catholic community is more than disappointing for those of us who have admired her academic work and service as a Catholic lay leader.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Property of Benedict XVI

Huntington, MA

#122 May 6, 2009
U P S wrote:
<quoted text>
Screw ball .You a **** head
Oops, my mistake. She just chose to decline an award instead of choosing to kill an unborn child.
Got those mixed up.

Lilrabbitfoofoo

“In memory of Gerri Santoro”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#123 May 6, 2009
marysaidyes2life wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like the one you hit me with first, saying that I don't value children after they are born? I was making a point, that you have me pegged wrong but you are doing it intentionally, simply because I am pro-life. You made your baseless accusation as if it was a well known fact, but it is very wrong and misinformed. I support children, both born and unborn, because I believe that is what is necessary to end child killing, also known as abortion. I refuse to deny that the unborn child is any less than a born child though, because its is not any less than a born child. You like to bring up that very young mother in brazil, who was forced by her parents to kill her two children by the slaughter that is abortion, and I understand why you do that. It is because you want to use her situation to keep child killing legal. You could care less about her situation. She was raped by ther step father, and then led to the slaughter house to kill the children growing with in her. You keep saying that you want to know how I could value her life, by not letting her kill her children, well its really quite simple. I know that her children were alive as she is. So had I been able to support her, by being close enough to her situation. I would have found a doctor how would have handled her pregnancy with the utmost concern for her life and the life of her babies, So she would not have killed her children. You say that would be impossible but that is simply not so. There was recently a case where a women was born with a uterus that was only half of its normal size and with careful doctor supervision and bed rest she gave birth safely, as do midgets on a regular basis. You were willing to kill her children for your willingness to see that child killing remains legal, and that is really deplorable.
No, what's deplorable is your kind being willing to try to force a raped 9 year old to bear the fruit of their molestation. Then again, you have relatives that would leave your kids with known child molesters, and YOU think the KKK has valid views regarding abortion and the Jewish people.

You ain't wrapped too tight and everyone knows it.

Lilrabbitfoofoo

Location hidden

#124 May 6, 2009
marysaidyes2life wrote:
< This little mother has lost two children, and the mother of this 9 year old lost her two grand children. She could have adopted these children and had them implanted into her womb,
No, that little girl's mother made the decsion to abort the UNWANTED result of her daughters RAPE, AS WAS HER RIGHT. Clearly, she thought more of her child and her child's physical and mental health after being molested than you would.

Seriously, I REALLY wish your karma would come back on you. I'd like to see you suggest to your wife to implant the result of your BABY'S rape in HER womb.

You're a sick, sick man.

with the medical technology that we have today these children didnt need to die. Why is it so hard for you to see that their lives had value?

Clearly, they DIDN'T have value to the people that actually MATTERED. YOUR opinion means squat. Why is it so hard for you to understand that you are meaningless to those making these kinds of decisions?

Is it really that dark in your own life, that you can't see that God wanted these children to live.
Funny, I was under the impression that if G-d wanted them to live, they would live. Funny how your kind's story changes regarding your version of "faith" depending on what version you need to fit your agenda, huh?

lalalulu

“Serenity...”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#125 May 6, 2009
Brown eyed gal wrote:
<quoted text>
God wanted these fetuses to live? How is that? Seems you are intentionally overlooking the fact that the way the fetuses got there was through rape. Of a little child. By her stepfather. Where was God in all of that? Your logic makes no sense. I do believe in God, and I don't think He had one thing to do with this whole situation. If He was going to make sure the fetuses lived, why didn't He make sure the whole situation didn't happen in the first place?
OK, yesterday you said the girl needed bed rest and physician supervision in order to carry the fetuses to term. Now you're saying the grandmother should have carried them FOR her. Dear God. You are really out there. Really.
No one lost any children or grandchildren. The fetuses did have to be terminated (it was the determination of the 6 PL doctors that they would not live, even if the child would have tried to carry them), in order for a little child to live. Unless you think God loves the fetuses more than the child that, according to you, He created as well? Sounds like that is what you're saying. Of course I am not in the least surprised.
Agreed.

He's starting to remind me of Randall Terry.

GAG

“CRITICAL THINKING -- try it.”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#126 May 6, 2009
Lilrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that little girl's mother made the decsion to abort the UNWANTED result of her daughters RAPE, AS WAS HER RIGHT. Clearly, she thought more of her child and her child's physical and mental health after being molested than you would.
Seriously, I REALLY wish your karma would come back on you. I'd like to see you suggest to your wife to implant the result of your BABY'S rape in HER womb.
You're a sick, sick man.
And here I thought it was Daddy Phil who was the sick one. I guess he passed it down in the genes, huh!?!!

lalalulu

“Serenity...”

Location hidden

#127 May 7, 2009
C Hamilton wrote:
<quoted text>And here I thought it was Daddy Phil who was the sick one. I guess he passed it down in the genes, huh!?!!
Yup!
knitting and praying

United States

#128 May 7, 2009
marysaidyes2life wrote:
<quoted text>What I would like to know is who you have been stalking and thinking that they do nothing for the child is, after they are born, because its not me. One of the young single mothers whom I support is the mother of twins. We are very thankful that she chose life, inspite of a very tough set of circumstances. we continue to offer support for her and her children, and as unexpect reward, she has in turn asked my wife and I to be God parents. No these girls are born, and we will continue to support them, until the absolute end. Now please stop stalking that other person, before someone gets hurt.
Very good.

“A person is a person no matter”

how small.

#129 May 7, 2009
Brown eyed gal wrote:
<quoted text>
God wanted these fetuses to live? How is that? Seems you are intentionally overlooking the fact that the way the fetuses got there was through rape. Of a little child. By her stepfather. Where was God in all of that? Your logic makes no sense. I do believe in God, and I don't think He had one thing to do with this whole situation. If He was going to make sure the fetuses lived, why didn't He make sure the whole situation didn't happen in the first place?
OK, yesterday you said the girl needed bed rest and physician supervision in order to carry the fetuses to term. Now you're saying the grandmother should have carried them FOR her. Dear God. You are really out there. Really.
No one lost any children or grandchildren. The fetuses did have to be terminated (it was the determination of the 6 PL doctors that they would not live, even if the child would have tried to carry them), in order for a little child to live. Unless you think God loves the fetuses more than the child that, according to you, He created as well? Sounds like that is what you're saying. Of course I am not in the least surprised.
I am not overlooking the rape, That is a crime, and I want to see that the criminal gets punished, I don't want to see that the victims get punished, or the lives that were created as a result of this crime get the death penalty, which is something that you keep advocating for. These children are human beings, and you continue to advocate for their death by means of the bloody massacre that is abortion. Why is that? Don't you have faith that God is the author of life? God sen't us his Son to show that we all have crosses to bear and that we must go through some suffering to know the goodness he has to offer. God doesn't approve of the rape, and he certainly doesn't approve of the killing of the life in the womb. I know you will say that I am speaking for him, but then why is it that you will speak for him, when you say that he must approve of abortion, and if you say that he approved of abortion they by your twisted logic, you must then agree that he approved of the rape. We both know that is simply not the case, so then bad things happen, but it does not mean that they are of God. Abortion is the destruction of his creation, and nobody would except that as good, So why do you since you say you believe in God, and why do you follow with that crowd that insist that God does not exist?

“A person is a person no matter”

how small.

#130 May 7, 2009
Property of Benedict XVI wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops, my mistake. She just chose to decline an award instead of choosing to kill an unborn child.
Got those mixed up.
The pro-aborts are not the pro-choicers that they claim to be. They really like to impose their will on the lives of others, especially the innocent unborn children. They believe it is okay to slaughter them, because they are unable to defend themselves leaving the unborn child with out a choice and dead and dismembered in a garbage can.

Lilrabbitfoofoo

Location hidden

#131 May 7, 2009
marysaidyes2life wrote:
<quoted text>The pro-aborts are not the pro-choicers that they claim to be. They really like to impose their will on the lives of others, especially the innocent unborn children. They believe it is okay to slaughter them, because they are unable to defend themselves leaving the unborn child with out a choice and dead and dismembered in a garbage can.
Actually - lets be accurate here dear - accurate and VERY clear: I wouldn't care if YOU were left dead and dismembered in a garbage can. So please stop lying and putting words in the mouths of others.

I dont EVER want to see a CHILD left that way.

And fortunately, children are NOT left dead and dismembered in garbage cans as a result of legal medical procedures such as abortion. Though unwanted babies sadly ARE often left for dead by the girls and women whom your kind would deny safe access to medical care and complete information and complete educations and choices to.

lalalulu

“Serenity...”

Location hidden

#132 May 7, 2009
Lilrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually - lets be accurate here dear - accurate and VERY clear: I wouldn't care if YOU were left dead and dismembered in a garbage can. So please stop lying and putting words in the mouths of others.
I dont EVER want to see a CHILD left that way.
And fortunately, children are NOT left dead and dismembered in garbage cans as a result of legal medical procedures such as abortion. Though unwanted babies sadly ARE often left for dead by the girls and women whom your kind would deny safe access to medical care and complete information and complete educations and choices to.
Yup.

Thanks to HIM personally, babies are drowned in toilets or thrown in dumpsters to die, because HE makes girls feel GUILTY about sex, and does not inform them about contraception, so when they have it and are ignorant about BC, and get pregnant, they flip out and are ASHAMED.

MM and his ilk directly CAUSE the DEATHS of little babies.
RGG

United States

#133 May 9, 2009
There's no question in my mind that Mary Ann Glendon is a holier than thou person, who totally fails to understand, and I mean understand, what President Obama stands for. His agenda of doing so much good for so many people is unfortunately lost and not understood by the likes of this lady. I truly hope our Good Lord will have greater understanding of her attitude than she has of our inspirational leader. I'm gratified that Notre Dame had the courage and strength to resist the "Oxbow" attitude of those like Glendon.

lalalulu

“Serenity...”

Location hidden

#134 May 9, 2009
RGG wrote:
There's no question in my mind that Mary Ann Glendon is a holier than thou person, who totally fails to understand, and I mean understand, what President Obama stands for. His agenda of doing so much good for so many people is unfortunately lost and not understood by the likes of this lady. I truly hope our Good Lord will have greater understanding of her attitude than she has of our inspirational leader. I'm gratified that Notre Dame had the courage and strength to resist the "Oxbow" attitude of those like Glendon.
Well said!
Property of Benedict XVI

Springfield, MA

#135 May 10, 2009
RGG wrote:
You're right, the "good" of aborting millions of children is totally lost on many of us.
CEV

United States

#136 May 10, 2009
O'Brien's letter leaves me wondering: was he born like this or did he go to school to learn to utter such stupidity? Oh, oh, I see it now. He is a Notre Dame alumnus. That explains his derangement!

We have the most friendly to abortion -- and infanticide -- president ever who is actively working to remove all limits to abortion, a "Catholic" university attempting to use Ms. Glendon to justify giving Obama a forum, and this genius O'Brien thinks that she erred in declining the Notre Dame "honor"?

I bet he graduated from Notre Dame summa cum laude.

Lowell

#137 May 12, 2009
Prove me wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's try "Holden, Mass".
Wrong, it's Jefferson, MA 01522..
Ocean56

AOL

#138 May 12, 2009
lalalulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
He's starting to remind me of Randall Terry.
GAG
ALL these male anti-choice nutjobs remind me of Terry. They have the same misogynistic mindset, don't they?
Ocean56

AOL

#139 May 12, 2009
lalalulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup.
Thanks to HIM personally, babies are drowned in toilets or thrown in dumpsters to die, because HE makes girls feel GUILTY about sex, and does not inform them about contraception, so when they have it and are ignorant about BC, and get pregnant, they flip out and are ASHAMED.
MM and his ilk directly CAUSE the DEATHS of little babies.
Agreed. As far as I'M concerned, the rcc and its so-called "universities" are a few centuries behind. I'm just glad I dumped catholicism and its toxic doctrines before they poisoned my life entirely. Freedom FROM catholicism is much better for me than the slavery OF it.

lalalulu

“Serenity...”

Location hidden

#140 May 12, 2009
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL these male anti-choice nutjobs remind me of Terry. They have the same misogynistic mindset, don't they?
Yup.

Bleagh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jefferson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jewish centers vigilant after second wave of th... 6 hr Cops are degenerates 1
Dan Kirouac performing in Princeton in February Jan 17 Beatleman 1
News 15-20 years for man who shot up Fitchburg apart... Jan 9 Gomez 1
Thread is For Your Political Complaints in Worc... (Aug '10) Jan 6 amazed 8
News Our Opinion: Women's March will make strong sta... Dec 31 Cops are degenerates 3
Bridge Winner Dec '16 kcfl 1
sexless marriage advice (Jan '12) Dec '16 Da x 108

Jefferson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jefferson Mortgages