AARP offers free tax assistance

Jan 17, 2010 Full story: Times-Picayune

Assistance at many locations in parish Kenner bureau The AARP will provide free income tax assistance and e-filing at several locations in East Jefferson, beginning in February.

Full Story

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#1 Jan 23, 2010
AARP does nothing for free. Some of it's members maybe. AARP has sold it's members down the river. obamacare loaded with the need for 'supplemental' insurance, which aarp sells is all but dead. AARP will slowly sneak away from pelosi/reid but they are now seen for what they really are - an insurance company that cares little about seniors.
I Wonder

United States

#2 Jan 23, 2010
RustyS wrote:
AARP does nothing for free. Some of it's members maybe. AARP has sold it's members down the river. obamacare loaded with the need for 'supplemental' insurance, which aarp sells is all but dead. AARP will slowly sneak away from pelosi/reid but they are now seen for what they really are - an insurance company that cares little about seniors.
I wonder if the AARP tax preparer keeps a copy of all federal and state tax returns? I will never have AARP prepare my taxes, as they've proven they cannot be trusted. I see AARP as the enemy. People concerned about other people don't sell them out, period! There are numerous free tax programs.
Will S

Sun City, AZ

#3 Jan 28, 2010
I prepared taxes for the past 2 years as an AARP volunteer. After I cancelled my AARP membership I notified them that I would no longer be doing taxes for them. The response I got was that I didn't have to be an AARP member to do taxes. I decided that by continuing doing taxes would not be the right thing to do since AARP's agenda is doing too much damage to its members. They are not listening to us at all, but are only interested in supporting liberal legislation and more government control of our lives.
Interesting

United States

#4 Jan 29, 2010
Will S wrote:
I prepared taxes for the past 2 years as an AARP volunteer. After I cancelled my AARP membership I notified them that I would no longer be doing taxes for them. The response I got was that I didn't have to be an AARP member to do taxes. I decided that by continuing doing taxes would not be the right thing to do since AARP's agenda is doing too much damage to its members. They are not listening to us at all, but are only interested in supporting liberal legislation and more government control of our lives.
Good for you! I wonder what Rand's year-end bonus was, while thousands of volunteers work for nothing?
What a racket IMO.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jefferson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 10 hr True blue 19,387
estate/garage sale 14 hr Ari 1
Ascending Thu guest 6
Planet Beach Tanning Spa Franchising Corp (Sep '07) Thu Nola 4life 66
Half of Obama's audience walk out in protest Oct 20 Fed Up with Obama 2
Geor ge Zimme rman back on trial (Sep '13) Sep '13 Marshall Patter 1
Obama Must Have Watched PBS (Jul '13) Jul '13 waking up slug 1
Jefferson Dating
Find my Match

Jefferson Jobs

Jefferson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jefferson News, Events & Info