This is NOT OKAY!: Letter:Veto sought...

This is NOT OKAY!: Letter:Veto sought on public meetings bill - Louisiana Housing Finance Agency

There are 1 comment on the this-is-not-okay.blogspot.com story from Jun 23, 2008, titled This is NOT OKAY!: Letter:Veto sought on public meetings bill - Louisiana Housing Finance Agency. In it, this-is-not-okay.blogspot.com reports that:

Excerpts from the letter -

House Bill 886 is making its way to the governor's
desk for his signature. It seeks to create additional notice and
public meeting requirements for the Louisiana Housing Finance Agency's
Multifamily Bond Program, solely.

In our view, the additional requirements
create hindrances in the LHFA's continuing goal of financing safe,
decent and affordable housing opportunities for all citizens of this
state.

Given the current state of the housing market, we
should be working toward eliminating burdens and hindrances to
providing safe, decent and affordable housing, not creating more.

Wayne E. Woods, chairman
Louisiana Housing Finance Agency
Baton Rouge

If their financing goal is safe, decent, and affordable housing for all citizens in LA, then how can they explain the Jefferson Lakes Apartments Project and the financing shown below? There is documented IAQ/Microbial/Fungal Testing results documenting what is a public health hazard.

Even when notified of this information they ignore it. Riverstone Residential- the property management company also ignores it and they go one step further and threaten those who make complaints and basically they are told to "move". They then allow others including infants and children to move in knowing full well the risks they are exposing them to.

SAFE-NO | AFFORDABLE-DEPENDS ON AT WHAT COST | CRIMINAL-YES!

Photos of EXTENSIVE MOLD growth in Jefferson Lakes Apartments #2907 Managed by Riverstone Residential Baton Rouge, LA. These photos document EXTENSIVE MOLD growth in the HVAC system,the walls, appliances,etc., and also the lack of maintenance and inferior repair work resulting in constant water intrusion and continued mold growth and damage.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157605542240095/

Join the discussion below, or Read more at this-is-not-okay.blogspot.com.

Milton Bailey for LHFA

United States

#1 Jun 23, 2008
I do not condone properties being maintained in the manner depicted in the photographs and will work with the owners and property manager to resolve the issues. Conditions such as these, which were present in thousands of homes and apartments across the state before and after hurricanes Katrina and Rita, are not mitigated by HB 886. These conditions are resolved by local or state-wide systematic codes of property enforcement which hold property owners and managers accountable for how they maintain properties. The LHFA is on record for having advocated for such legislation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jefferson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Orleans takes down white supremacist monument (Apr '17) 7 hr Citizen 37
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 18 hr china stein 21,337
News Man wanted in Kenner bank robbery also wanted i... Aug '17 discocrisco 1
News Stewart Enterprises Names Kenneth G. 'Jerry' My... (Jul '08) May '17 Marcella 2
Review: Elmwood Dental Ctr - Sean P Gaffney DDS (Jul '09) Oct '16 Pearl227 6
Geor ge Zimme rman back on trial (Sep '13) Sep '13 Marshall Patter 1
News Obama Must Have Watched PBS (Jul '13) Jul '13 waking up slug 1

Jefferson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jefferson Mortgages