Comments
21 - 40 of 44 Comments Last updated Dec 21, 2013
tanya

Morristown, TN

#21 Jun 28, 2012
I'm just saying, a county this large with only 1 high school (unfortunately) we should be a force to be reckoned with in our sports program. Especially basketball!
patriots football 1996

Talbott, TN

#22 Jun 28, 2012
H2O wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason you are an idiot is because you obviously did not pass 4th grade English class, the school don't have the money? I'm pretty sure it's doesn't.. But I'm pretty sure this conversation was about basketball. Not some post to talk about the good ol' days.
I was not talking about the old days and this was about Rick sinard and as he was a coach back in the old days he was a coach of mine in football was what I was talking about ...... And I am a Graduate from ut so I think I made it passed the 4th grade.. I think you need to retread the topic if you can because you must be the idiot for saying its about basketball it's in writing Rick Sinard not basketball
H2O

Morristown, TN

#23 Jun 28, 2012
Rick sinard is currently a basketball coach so can you put 2 and 2 together? Can you compute that ?
H2O

Morristown, TN

#24 Jun 28, 2012
Reread the topic, coaching position?? HE COACHES BASKETBALL CURRENTLY. Gosh you sir are an idiot.
H2O

Morristown, TN

#25 Jun 28, 2012
I'm sorry, patriots football 1996 I love you.
Patriots football 1996

Talbott, TN

#26 Jun 28, 2012
He was also the basketball coach back then also if you would read all the posts on here and not the last 1 . But I understand you are slow to pick up on things
T lowe

Morristown, TN

#27 Jun 29, 2012
I thought Hayley Johsnon was going to get the joba but not
The stuff

Morristown, TN

#28 Jun 29, 2012
Haley Johnson is so pretty
1987JCHS

Dandridge, TN

#29 Jul 9, 2012
Rick Sinard got the basketball position mainly because the new athletic director over there is extremely unqualified for his job. The paper said he hired Sinard because there is no one in Jefferson County who bleeds red white and blue like Rick Sinard. Unfortunately, that doesn't win games. And if you people would think back over the past 20 years or so you would remember the days of Rick Sinard coaching boys basketball when he won less that 20% of his games over his last tenure. There is absolutely no excuse for that in high school athletics. This was a quick, easy fix for Rogers who, like most of people in influential positions in Jeff County, are still stuck in 1987 and Rogers puts all of his time and passion into the struggling football team to try and bring them back to the glory days. Not gonna happen folks. This was a very sad hire for the girls basketball players of Jefferson County High School.
Florence

Dandridge, TN

#30 Jul 10, 2012
1987JCHS wrote:
Rick Sinard got the basketball position mainly because the new athletic director over there is extremely unqualified for his job. The paper said he hired Sinard because there is no one in Jefferson County who bleeds red white and blue like Rick Sinard. Unfortunately, that doesn't win games. And if you people would think back over the past 20 years or so you would remember the days of Rick Sinard coaching boys basketball when he won less that 20% of his games over his last tenure. There is absolutely no excuse for that in high school athletics. This was a quick, easy fix for Rogers who, like most of people in influential positions in Jeff County, are still stuck in 1987 and Rogers puts all of his time and passion into the struggling football team to try and bring them back to the glory days. Not gonna happen folks. This was a very sad hire for the girls basketball players of Jefferson County High School.

I agree buddy!
nana

United States

#31 Aug 2, 2012
jason wrote:
He is a terrible coach look at his record his coaching record is about 25% he may be a good person but that doesn't make him qualified to coach
Any coach is only as good as the players he has to work with. The coach is there to guide the players. You can coach and instruct but it is up to the players to listen and follow what has been taught to them.
justme

United States

#32 Aug 6, 2012
It takes hard work and preparation to be successful. Doesn't appear that any of that is happening with this new coach. No camp, no workouts, and hasnt even selected players yet. Its stupid to think just showing up makes for a successful team!
Actually

Dandridge, TN

#33 Aug 6, 2012
nana- Getting the players to accept what you are teaching them and want to play for you is part of the job description. If he didn't want that responsibility, he shouldn't have taken the job. Plenty of people as qualified or more qualified than him who would take on ALL the responsibilities of coaching a girls sports program.
as i see it

New Market, TN

#34 Aug 27, 2012
MOST athletic programs will not hire (pay for) winning coaches.Jeff county is NO diifferent.The only exception I have seen in EastTenn is the current Head football Coach at Greenevile.Every other hire is just friends looking out for eachother.
Bball

Charlotte, NC

#35 Sep 4, 2012
I just wonder how he will do as a coach and getting players that want to play for him. I hope the high school program does not suffer because they didnt really do a search.
justme

Highlands, NC

#36 Sep 4, 2012
You would think the athletic director of one of the largest high schools would work to be more than mediocre. What a lazy bonehead move on his part.
For real

Irmo, SC

#37 Sep 4, 2012
Sinard sucks as a basketball coach. It's because of him many good bball players went nowhere. It's all a political game to him. Jeff county basketball has always been a joke thanks to Sinard.
Poster child

Morristown, TN

#38 Sep 8, 2012
give him a chance. He has to be better than the last guy what a waste.
Potts was the best.
judgemental

United States

#39 Sep 10, 2012
Most of you don't have a clue. The main problem is finding a teaching job that is open and fits with the best applicant. When you are cutting back on positions, it limits what openings are available. Why don't most of you try getting an education, start teaching and work your way up into administration so you can make these type of decisions. Or shut the hell up !
Local Yokel

Louisville, TN

#40 Feb 13, 2013
Kids are not in school to play B or football they are there to learn. Would you want those idiots in collage football to be your doctor? "I believes ya gots to has ye spleens took out, KNOW WHAT I SAYN"?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jefferson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 18 min Irving 145,896
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 6 hr Jim 8,615
jeff co football 6 hr LLCJ 2
Daryle Keck Fired at First Peoples Bank 16 hr backatya beehatch 13
new vape store (Nov '13) 19 hr ladyswann 33
bus 84 Fri victim 4
English Mountain Football (Nov '08) Thu the dreamer 1,647
•••
•••

Jefferson City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••