Newport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2010

yes wrote:
Joe West was charged with domestic violence and has attended anger management classes
Yes let's see if the new sheriff can get him out of this one. He refused to charge him for domestic violence, that's way JCPD supported him.
Brett Michaels

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

I just heard that this officer was let go by the city? True??
u will know

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2010

what ever happened to joe west i know him and he would be envoled with something like this he does not need to work as a cop he needs to be fired i know his girlfriend and he is crazey and he also had a wife and beat her also but she had since to get awawy and divorce him they have two kids togher he is heart less low life
u will know

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2010

yea did he get fired i would love to know that i think he know something on the big wheels somepeople can get awawy with anything as long as you have enough green and know something on them yuo can get out of it i hate hate jeff city we have no good black cops and the one we did have was should have been whight uncle tom joe west was everbody knew it so did he get fired
true that

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2010

he got fired and i know what you mean about that jefferson city is no place to live they are not fair
LittlePrincess

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2011

Joe West is not crazy ... to tell the truth myself if someone tried to run me over i wouldn't just stand there and let it happen i might shoot the person myself. And FYI on something else Joe did not "beat" his ex-wife I know that for a FACT. Jefferson city is just like any other city, it's perfectly fine and fair the way it is. Joe West is not a heartless low life either ... going through these comments and knowing the truth and what happened makes me so mad, im not anybody important of special either.
Anonymous

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

Judged:

Let me set the story straight for everyone. My apartment was in the line of fire when this occurred.

The officer attempted to stop the suspect and he turned off 92 onto Hillview Lane. He drove to the top of the hill where it dead ends into a circle.

The officer stopped in front of my apartment and got out of his car. The suspect went around the circle and drove at the officer. The officer pulled his weapon and fired, I believe, 3 shots (I could only find 3 shells in the road).

The suspect continued back down the hill and ditched his car at the bottom and ran through the apartments where he was chased and apprehended.

The officer was defending himself as this moron tried to run him over. His actions were justified and anybody questioning this is an idiot.
Really

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2011

Joe West was charged with domestic violence? Why is he still in uniform? I dont understand this...
Anonymous

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Why does his personal life have anything to do with his job?
flowerchild

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2011

Well, check the moral code for a police officer, and it does involve their private lives and unfortunately for some reason the upper management in jefferson city does not enforce this moral code and the cops seem to get away with a slap on the wrist and continue their actions! Just saying.
Anonymous wrote:
Why does his personal life have anything to do with his job?
Quest

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Judged:

Who gives a shit what he was charged with? What does any of that have to do with him shootin some moron that tried to run him over? You smack talkers are awful tough on topix, guess one of them cops put your butt in jail before, huh? Truth hurts don't it?
over it

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2011

flowerchild wrote:
Well, check the moral code for a police officer, and it does involve their private lives and unfortunately for some reason the upper management in jefferson city does not enforce this moral code and the cops seem to get away with a slap on the wrist and continue their actions! Just saying.
8642<quoted text>
Let's just say Jefferson County in general. Police, sheriff dept all the same. Joe West isn't the first or last officer to be guilty of domestic violence or threatening behavior to their domestic partner. All of which are still employed and patrolling today. Several officers hide behind the badge and exploit their position. Just because someone carries a badge doesn't make them a good guy (personal experience). The one I was with abused his authority regularly and also made many threats. What do you do?
Nisa

Rutledge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2011

Judged:

@Anonymous, because you don't want psychopaths legally carrying loaded guns and a badge.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 33 of33
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Jefferson City Forum right now

Search the Jefferson City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 37 min Overtaxed 124,278
TN Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns (Oct '10) 8 hr ahop71 58,283
why I would NEVER Vote For Marty Mills 9 hr Marty Mills FAILURE 7
So much for Mayor Palmeiri's term limits 9 hr Morristown ASS CLOWN 43
Lynn Hopkins 9 hr Jimmy cracked corn 1
Carson Newman University Police? (May '13) 13 hr cheesepuffs 15
Crossfit Jeff city 13 hr cheesepuffs 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Jefferson City Jobs

•••