Jefferson City hopes to improve downtown

Jefferson City hopes to improve downtown

There are 110 comments on the WBIR-TV story from Jun 5, 2011, titled Jefferson City hopes to improve downtown. In it, WBIR-TV reports that:

Luke Yonts has only been in Jefferson City for about a week. Already, he's sees one thing his new residence needs to improve: their downtown.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR-TV.

When

Morristown, TN

#81 May 17, 2012
I read today that they are getting ready to start building a new train depot replica downtown. I think that would really help to give this city a place to have some events. There are really no facilities around this place to do anything, so many things just pass us by. Other than the college, when is the last time you have seen any concerts or anything in Jefferson city.
about time

Morristown, TN

#82 Sep 3, 2012
When wrote:
I read today that they are getting ready to start building a new train depot replica downtown. I think that would really help to give this city a place to have some events. There are really no facilities around this place to do anything, so many things just pass us by. Other than the college, when is the last time you have seen any concerts or anything in Jefferson city.
Jefferson City should have came up with some sort of solution for the downtown ages ago. It's not like it sits out int he middle of nowhere. It's right smack-dab in the middle of town and the city has just sat around and watched it fall apart, affecting all of our property values. I'm glad that people are finally seeing some potential down there.
silverman

Morristown, TN

#83 Oct 4, 2012
The city should have bought all that downtown property, leveled the place, and used it to build the new city hall and other city offices instead of going out on 92. Two birds,one stone.
Duhhhh

Morristown, TN

#84 Oct 9, 2012
silverman wrote:
The city should have bought all that downtown property, leveled the place, and used it to build the new city hall and other city offices instead of going out on 92. Two birds,one stone.
putting all of the city buildings out on 92 is really a stupid idea that they just can't seem to get out of their heads. Im pretty sure that somebody had to make an underhanded deal with Mr. Moser in order to sell more of his property that now literally surrounds city hall. If you would have spread out these buildings you could have improved much wider areas of the city. Jefferson city is not really known for its intelligence in the city leadership department and now they want to move the library out of the main part of town and shove it over there too. Not very bright.
college

Morristown, TN

#85 Feb 5, 2013
It would be great to put something like a library or other community building in the downtown. I really don't like to see the city putting things out on 92 on prime commercial property. its just a bad choice and really poorly though out by the city. We'll all have to pay for these bad decisions from past leaders and current ones for years to come.
Who owns the yellow bldg

Morristown, TN

#86 Feb 15, 2013
The first thing they need to do is demolish that horrible yellow building. That is one of the biggest eyesores in the city, yet alone the downtown area. I don't know what the idiot was thinking who made that mess and it has been incomplete now for years. The city needs to condemn it and tear all of that mess off of there. Its a hazard to people just walking by it. Does anyone know who owns that?
CN_eagle2014

Morristown, TN

#87 Feb 25, 2013
Who owns the yellow bldg wrote:
The first thing they need to do is demolish that horrible yellow building. That is one of the biggest eyesores in the city, yet alone the downtown area. I don't know what the idiot was thinking who made that mess and it has been incomplete now for years. The city needs to condemn it and tear all of that mess off of there. Its a hazard to people just walking by it. Does anyone know who owns that?
Its one giant yellow mess!
BONES

Morristown, TN

#88 Feb 27, 2013
Its one giant yellow mess! AGREED

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#90 Mar 8, 2013
Some guy said boyds is a timeless classic and it should be made into some sort of museum lol.. I jus bought the place off my pappy Boyd and I would prolly give that place to the city if the did something like that. As long as they let the old timers sit out front and bullish*t... Oh and they would have to leave the oldies playin outside at night. I don't know if he left music playing on purpose or if he ever knew it was on at all lol
owner

Morristown, TN

#91 May 23, 2013
I believe the wind has blown aoo the yellow off.
Mexico

Morristown, TN

#92 May 31, 2013
The guy that owns that yellow building is a complete idiot to put it mildly. He took two of the nicer buildings down there and somehow spent money to turn them into giant eyesores. Im glad that he is not involved with the revitalization stuff. He would probably make all of the buildings look like giant, cheap mexican restaurants. What was this guy thinking?
Improvement

Jefferson City, TN

#93 May 31, 2013
Much needed! Great news to hear now let's see what actions are actually taken to better that area. I agree with a previous post a much needed Gov office would be GREAT! Driving to Dandridge is a hassle to get anything done..
Its about time

Morristown, TN

#94 Jun 2, 2013
Loved what I saw in the newspaper. a great idea. They need something in Jefferson City. It seems to go down hill a little more every year. If they didn't have 11e running through there, the place would't have anything. Let's see if the city will have the backbone to finally do something.
Ju-Jizzu

Morristown, TN

#95 Jun 2, 2013
Is "big yellow eyesore" code for the former Game Monkey? What a joke that place is/was. Some little hick thought he could put a place like that in his hick cornpone town and do it right?
common sense

Morristown, TN

#96 Jun 2, 2013
Ju-Jizzu wrote:
Is "big yellow eyesore" code for the former Game Monkey? What a joke that place is/was. Some little hick thought he could put a place like that in his hick cornpone town and do it right?
If he had done it right, he would have had a lot better chance. Instead the guy just created a big yellow mess. Not the smartest guy in the world. Glad other people are working to improve things down there, but lets hope they have more sense than this guy. I like the ideas they showed in the paper.
dirk diggler

United States

#97 Jul 20, 2013
Jefferson city officials are a bunch of tards.. they re gonna let that place rot.. 90% of the property owners down there are willing to sale.The city or the college should buy it all and atleast do something productive.
dirk diggler

United States

#98 Jul 20, 2013
That million they re spending on the new library could go a long way down there.
coleman2012

United States

#99 Sep 23, 2013
the best thing to do spruce up downtown is to bulldoze all the old buildings and plant grass.they will not get enough people to come to shop.places have tried to make money down there and failed.it would be a waste of money to try to revitalize downtown.
Some Solution

Morristown, TN

#100 Sep 29, 2013
Well, as far as I know, the city has not spent anything down there yet and I think a little could go a long way, if they would just commit to a solution. It's been a non profit group that has been trying to get something done to deal with an area of the city that obviously needs help. Jefferson City needs to at least follow through with a plan to deal with that area, and property owners who are not keeping their property up to code, need to be fined and held responsible as well. I think some sort of park for concerts or events is the perfect idea for that place.
mid row

United States

#101 Oct 1, 2013
Cheee

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jefferson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dogs running livestock 25 min Not Your Buddy 6
Christina Davis (Oct '13) 1 hr Someone 15
kasey skanky sanner (May '13) 1 hr Arh1995 10
womans body found off dover road 1 hr wow 9
McKenzie McDaniel 1 hr Truth 26
Rent 1 hr reesy 4
Getting AE FOR food stamp fraud 2 hr Land of gimme 3

Jefferson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance