Andrew Farmer's Liquor Store
Really

Knoxville, TN

#41 Jul 23, 2012
MR FUNNY wrote:
<quoted text>
It's really funny to me that Farmer tries to equate owning a liquor store to being on County Commission!!! That just goes to show you what kind of person he is.
Yeap know what kind he is and got my vote and my families and many more in Jefferson County...hehehehe and don't think he is comparing himself to per say a county commissioner, its that he inherited a Liquor store when he married his wife about 3 weeks ago and the commissioner Griffith sits on the commission as a beer board member and votes to give out beer licences to stores to sell it. As some one else said they are not on trial either one for this and need to stick to issues at hand that they can do for our counties. To me if your going to start something and throw your digs then look at both sides. Oh but let me guess you just don't get that part. LOL
Waaaaaaaaaa

Morristown, TN

#42 Jul 23, 2012
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeap know what kind he is and got my vote and my families and many more in Jefferson County...hehehehe and don't think he is comparing himself to per say a county commissioner, its that he inherited a Liquor store when he married his wife about 3 weeks ago and the commissioner Griffith sits on the commission as a beer board member and votes to give out beer licences to stores to sell it. As some one else said they are not on trial either one for this and need to stick to issues at hand that they can do for our counties. To me if your going to start something and throw your digs then look at both sides. Oh but let me guess you just don't get that part. LOL
That just don't make sense. You either own a liquor store or you don't. You can twist it around any way that you want and cry about it. I don't care how he dealed his way into owning it, but I heard it was a deal he wanted, probably to increase his law business which works to defend drunk drivers. That is not the kind of candidate I want!
Farmer

Knoxville, TN

#43 Jul 24, 2012
Waaaaaaaaaa wrote:
<quoted text>
That just don't make sense. You either own a liquor store or you don't. You can twist it around any way that you want and cry about it. I don't care how he dealed his way into owning it, but I heard it was a deal he wanted, probably to increase his law business which works to defend drunk drivers. That is not the kind of candidate I want!
Who gives a crap if he owns a damn liquor store. Really. vote how you want and everyone else will do the same. If its not what you want good, don't vote for him. Your ur own person so WAAAAAAA get over yourself. This is old news and I think your the only one who gives a crap. By the way The Waaaaaaaa thing there shows how mature you are.
Laurie

Morristown, TN

#44 Jul 24, 2012
Farmer wrote:
<quoted text>
Who gives a crap if he owns a damn liquor store. Really. vote how you want and everyone else will do the same. If its not what you want good, don't vote for him. Your ur own person so WAAAAAAA get over yourself. This is old news and I think your the only one who gives a crap. By the way The Waaaaaaaa thing there shows how mature you are.
I actually do care, and no I will NOT be voting for someone like Andrew Farmer. Everyone is entitled to their own viewpoint, just like you expressed, so I don't know how you can tell someone else to shut up. Shows how mature you are!

Even without all of the scandal that surrounds Farmer, the bottom line is that he has NO experience AT ALL and has not done anything to better this area.
Actually

Knoxville, TN

#45 Jul 25, 2012
Mr. Farmer never intended on owning a liquor store. His wife's family owned it for years and when her grandfather was put in a nursing home the liquor store finances struggled, so Andrew stepped up and took over before he knew he was going to run for public office. He understands that you cannot hold a public office and own a liquor store, therefore the liquor store is for sale. I would hate to think that owning a liquor store sways someone's vote. Shouldn't Mr. Farmers views on political stances be more important. I have known Mr. Farmer for many years and he is respectable man with many great values. I hope that this settles any questions about the liquor store.
Let it go

Knoxville, TN

#46 Jul 25, 2012
Laurie wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually do care, and no I will NOT be voting for someone like Andrew Farmer. Everyone is entitled to their own viewpoint, just like you expressed, so I don't know how you can tell someone else to shut up. Shows how mature you are!
Even without all of the scandal that surrounds Farmer, the bottom line is that he has NO experience AT ALL and has not done anything to better this area.
Don't think one time I told you or anyone else to shut up. I said vote for who you want that is your right. But would like to know since you must be for Griffith just what experience he has and what has he done for this area? Please explain because if you say its being a commissioner that would be funny. He hasn't done anything there except raise our taxes. So please enlighten us.
What about experience

Morristown, TN

#47 Jul 25, 2012
Actually wrote:
Mr. Farmer never intended on owning a liquor store. His wife's family owned it for years and when her grandfather was put in a nursing home the liquor store finances struggled, so Andrew stepped up and took over before he knew he was going to run for public office. He understands that you cannot hold a public office and own a liquor store, therefore the liquor store is for sale. I would hate to think that owning a liquor store sways someone's vote. Shouldn't Mr. Farmers views on political stances be more important. I have known Mr. Farmer for many years and he is respectable man with many great values. I hope that this settles any questions about the liquor store.
Owning and running a liquor store is a pretty big issue for me and my family, but even if you take that away, the guy has NO experience and NO real strategy for bettering this area. I haven't heard of Andrew, or any of the Farmers for that matter, ever working on anything that did not profit them. If you really care about Sevier County, why don't you start by volunteering your time before you decide to go into career politics.

He posts pictures of meth addicted babies online to make himself like he is concerned, while at the same time he sales thousands upon thousands of dollars of liquor each year. What about the babies that have to deal with drunken parents or babies that are injured or killed by drunk drivers.
FARMERS VALUES JUST DON'T ADD UP!
What about experience

Morristown, TN

#48 Jul 25, 2012
Farmer wrote:
<quoted text>
Who gives a crap if he owns a damn liquor store. Really. vote how you want and everyone else will do the same. If its not what you want good, don't vote for him. Your ur own person so WAAAAAAA get over yourself. This is old news and I think your the only one who gives a crap. By the way The Waaaaaaaa thing there shows how mature you are.
I DO! You can't even hold state office and own a liquor store, so why would it not be an issue?
Vote Boggs

United States

#49 Jul 26, 2012
Vote Boggs and problem solved.
WHO

Morristown, TN

#50 Jul 26, 2012
Vote Boggs wrote:
Vote Boggs and problem solved.
Whose Boggs?
Tarwater

Morristown, TN

#51 Jul 27, 2012
I LOVE LIQUOR! but I still would not vote for that Farmer kid. Never done anything for my county and I doubt he has done much for his own.
police

Morristown, TN

#52 Jul 30, 2012
Fundamentally, there is just a huge ethical issue about a lawyer who sells liquor. I just read on another page that Liquor related deaths are higher than aids, tuberculosis, and violent deaths combined. That is a lot of deaths! Selling something that causes that much devastation, doesn't sound like anyone that really cares about people to me. Farmer is pretty low if you ask me.
liquor education

Morristown, TN

#53 Jul 31, 2012
I heard it is really hard to be in a profession like his. Where did Andrew Farmer go to school to learn to sell liquor?
disappointed

United States

#54 Jul 31, 2012
Mr. Farmer is an attorney that says that he can help you with a case for a set dollar amount and he says he can get things throwed out that he can't. He charges an outrageous amount for preliminay and then doen't present the evidence that needs to be done to get the case dropped or even when he has a chance to get it dismissed he deosn't ask becasue he wants to hit you up for another set amount to take it to trial. If you can't depend on him for an attorney how can you depend on him for state representative.
HOW DID I MISS THIS ONE

Ten Mile, TN

#55 Jul 31, 2012
Hello Folks ! Just thought I had been fighting with the crazy beeatch from jeff city on the state rep site in the dandridge forum and I take a stroll over to New Market and what do I find ?
This is one crazy beeatch and she has done everything to attack Farmer and has evidently been at it 24/7 for the last week or so. She is seriously demented and determined.
On this site alone 15 of the first 20 posts were hers. 12 of the next 20 were hers. and 8 of the last 14 for a total of 35 of 54 were from her seriously deranged mind.
So if you had doubts about Andy and most didn't I am happy to say go to "we need a jefferson county representative" and witness the insanity for your self.
I also seriously suspect she is the poster from oak ridge also, who knows everything about topix slander and lawsuits.
While I am very happy to see many positive posts for Andy, it is a relief to know out of the majority of posters that weren't her, I would say 90% are supporting Farmer !
It is sad that we have a demented poster aloose amongst us, but I am happy and more confident my vote was in the right box !
Paranoid

Morristown, TN

#56 Jul 31, 2012
HOW DID I MISS THIS ONE wrote:
Hello Folks ! Just thought I had been fighting with the crazy beeatch from jeff city on the state rep site in the dandridge forum and I take a stroll over to New Market and what do I find ?
This is one crazy beeatch and she has done everything to attack Farmer and has evidently been at it 24/7 for the last week or so. She is seriously demented and determined.
On this site alone 15 of the first 20 posts were hers. 12 of the next 20 were hers. and 8 of the last 14 for a total of 35 of 54 were from her seriously deranged mind.
So if you had doubts about Andy and most didn't I am happy to say go to "we need a jefferson county representative" and witness the insanity for your self.
I also seriously suspect she is the poster from oak ridge also, who knows everything about topix slander and lawsuits.
While I am very happy to see many positive posts for Andy, it is a relief to know out of the majority of posters that weren't her, I would say 90% are supporting Farmer !
It is sad that we have a demented poster aloose amongst us, but I am happy and more confident my vote was in the right box !
She didn't post for me! I would never vote for a kid like Farmer either. Sounds like someone is suffering from some type of paranoia. So I guess you are saying that every post from Maryville is yours? I don't know of anyone that is supporting Farmer except for you!
Give Her Hail

Ten Mile, TN

#57 Aug 1, 2012
Jeff City Posters, you can't win and you can't give up.
Go Vote for Andy tomorrow and be proud of it.
She has three more sites and started them all, Dandridge, New Market and Sevierville and Jeff City and maybe others. GO CHECK IT OUT !!!
Same arguments and accusations on every post.
This has been a calculated attack on Farmer !
Your arguments with her are tame, compared to most, but she evidently has not left the computer in 2 weeks ! It will be all over tomorrow.

She changes isp's and post names so fast it will make your head spin, it has probably just been a couple of you and her, alone on this post.
Jeff County supports Andy and we are a dry county, well almost.
Rkm910

Sevierville, TN

#58 Aug 2, 2012
Prediction: Farmer gets 60% of the vote.
FARMER FAN

Sevierville, TN

#59 Aug 3, 2012
So thrilled with the election results last night. Shows future candidates that negative campaign attacks are now well taken. The people have spoken and the BEST MAN was chosen and all the childish attacks and non-issue related propaganda meant nothing. Desperate people will do anything to win, but a wise man once said "if people are trying to bring you down it only means that you are above them." Congratulations ANDREW FARMER for running a clean and positive campaign and coming out on top!
Farmer Lost

Morristown, TN

#60 Aug 3, 2012
FARMER FAN wrote:
So thrilled with the election results last night. Shows future candidates that negative campaign attacks are now well taken. The people have spoken and the BEST MAN was chosen and all the childish attacks and non-issue related propaganda meant nothing. Desperate people will do anything to win, but a wise man once said "if people are trying to bring you down it only means that you are above them." Congratulations ANDREW FARMER for running a clean and positive campaign and coming out on top!
That is your opinion, but I don't agree at all. The bottom line is that Farmer owns a liquor store and that does not fit with the values of people in Jefferson County. That is why Farmer lost by a wide majority in Jefferson County, but did do well in Sevier County where there conservative values are not as grounded. Farmer only won by a few hundred votes all in all, and most of those were from Sevier. Just because someone wins an election doesn't justify their lack of morals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jefferson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Uber 16 min Hmmm 12
fire at the top of motown 33 min Tanker 11
Strange creature West end 1 hr truth 19
News English Mountain Football (Nov '08) 4 hr Quit 5,107
jefferson city cops 5 hr Idiot 19
Shelby Woodard Tue Yeahhh 1
steven and angel foster Tue Ray 3

Jefferson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jefferson City Mortgages