How can a Christian vote for a morman?
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
TAG

Rathdrum, ID

#41 Jul 30, 2012
New Perspective wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, I must be one of those self centered, little prick types, cause I got me two of them big deisels and a big boat, adequately named "7 inch compensation". You are WRONG, so wrong about why fuel prices are so high. I don't work in an office however, I do real mans work in the heat and cold and every day pressures of where is my next job coming from and how the hell I'm going to keep my employees on the payroll for another week. I have used much of my own retirement during the obama years and am quite tired of hanging on. If obama wins you can add a little more of your hard earned money to your soup kitchen donation because while we were struggling to stay alive, the govt employees never missed a beat, and have made even more restrictive regulations to keep us from succeeding. I strongly suggest you are one of those govt bastards who need the shit kicked out of them. BTW, I wear big boy panties and you are welcome to check for piss stains, right before I I skull fck you ! Meet me at the soup kitchen because that's where me and about 12 others will be hanging out.
I don't mow my own yard, my wife does, so screw you on that one too. And you wouldn't know 60 hpw if it bit you in the ass !
You really need to rethink your party line on fuel prices because you are just spouting the easy answer out of ignorance. Open market and greedy Americans is the reason, not rag heads or shortages of fuel or unsteadiness in the middle east region. Our own people are screwing us and the government is condoning it. You are wrong. And you are exactly what the government wants, someone mad and looking for a fight and willing to fight an imaginary bad guy. As long as we are fighting amongst ourselves they will never get caught and continue to profit immensely.
In the big picture Americans are the most charitable country in the world, but when you are wondering how you are going to survive and the entire world is making billions just soliciting money from us, it gets a little frustrating or a lot. I think you should check your attitude because TAG is kicking your ass in the argueing department. Might actually agree with you on a few things but will back TAG in this pissing contest.
Keep up the good fight brother. November is coming soon. Stay focused on the mission, inform all you know. And get involved. Together we will take it back. 99 days I hope to be partying with people like you, when we watch Obama crying.
passing by

Mooresburg, TN

#42 Jul 30, 2012
call it like i see it wrote:
I have heard (so called Christians) say they are voting for Nit Romney how can you be a Christian and vote for a president that thinks Jesus is only a prophet? My Bible says no one comes to the father but through the son my Jesus is much bigger than a prophet and if you don't beleive that then you are not a Christian.How can we elect a president that goes against what we as Christians beleive? I don't know who to vote for do you?
The same way they voted for a Muslim.
opinion

Kodak, TN

#43 Aug 16, 2012
How could you not vote for him? because he's Mormon? Really? That is no reason to not vote for anyone. religion divides to many people, this country was founded on freedom of religion and is probably how it became so Great! so what if he is Mormon, Christian , Jewish , Etc. People should put the one thing that divides the entire world aside (religious beliefs)and Vote for who they feel will do the best job and not just who shares the same religious beliefs that they do. Does being a Christian , Catholic , Jew , Mormon , or even Muslim make you a bad person ? there are extremist in every religion , but that doesnt mean everyone is like them! I believe as long as you treat people good and fair in life , there is a place in heaven for you, regardless of what religion you believed in when you was alive.
Amazing
#44 Aug 16, 2012
you must be a women wrote:
<quoted text>first of all I am not a liberal you chicken shit wormy bastard I work over 60 hours a week don't beleive in hand outs but I do beleive in helping those less fortunate unlike you you self centerd prick you and little Dick over compensating big deisel driving ass holes are exactly why fuel is so high its basic economics more demand higher prices you don't haul or pull shit just makes you feel big to own a manly man's truck I am sure you work in a office don't mow your own yard and boss people around that make minimum wage and that makes you a man you may talk big but I am sure if confronted you would piss your panties you are what is wrong you self serving shit for brains
Wow..you have gone from being this great christian that won't vote on Christian values because of your Lord and Savior and Mitt is a Mormon to a very hostile dirty mouthed human. You know judging people don't define who they are it defines who you are. Just vote how you want. But after reading this don't think would throw the Christian Value thing out there. Just sayin..oh and you don't have to cuss me because you know I am right. And if you feel the need to do so then carry on because after reading your comment your values mean nothing.
understand

Lancing, TN

#45 Aug 17, 2012
Mormons believe the following about God: He has not always been the Supreme Being of the universe, but attained that status through righteous living and persistent effort. They believe God the Father has a “body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s.” Though abandoned by modern Mormon leaders, Brigham Young taught that Adam actually was God and the father of Jesus Christ. In contrast, Christians know this about God: there is only one true God (Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 43:10; 44:6-8), He always has existed and always will exist (Deuteronomy 33:27; Psalm 90:2; 1 Timothy 1:17), and He was not created but is the Creator (Genesis 1; Psalm 24:1; Isaiah 37:16). He is perfect, and no one else is equal to Him (Psalm 86:8; Isaiah 40:25). God the Father is not a man, nor was He ever (Numbers 23:19; 1 Samuel 15:29; Hosea 11:9). He is Spirit (John 4:24), and Spirit is not made of flesh and bone (Luke 24:39).

Mormons believe that there are different levels or kingdoms in the afterlife: the celestial kingdom, the terrestrial kingdom, the telestial kingdom, and outer darkness. Where mankind will end up depends on what they believe and do in this life. In contrast, the Bible tells us that after death, we go to heaven or hell based on whether or not we had faith in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. To be absent from our bodies means, as believers, we are with the Lord (2 Corinthians 5:6-8). Unbelievers are sent to hell or the place of the dead (Luke 16:22-23). When Jesus comes the second time, we will receive new bodies (1 Corinthians 15:50-54). There will be a new heaven and new earth for believers (Revelation 21:1), and unbelievers will be thrown into an everlasting lake of fire (Revelation 20:11-15). There is no second chance for redemption after death (Hebrews 9:27).

Mormon leaders have taught that Jesus’ incarnation was the result of a physical relationship between God the Father and Mary. Mormons believe Jesus is a god, but that any human can also become a god. Mormonism teaches that salvation can be earned by a combination of faith and good works. Contrary to this, Christians historically have taught that no one can achieve the status of God—only He is holy (1 Samuel 2:2). We can only be made holy in God's sight through faith in Him (1 Corinthians 1:2). Jesus is the only begotten Son of God (John 3:16), is the only one ever to have lived a sinless, blameless life, and now has the highest place of honor in heaven (Hebrews 7:26). Jesus and God are one in essence, Jesus being the only One existing before physical birth (John 1:1-8; 8:56). Jesus gave Himself to us as a sacrifice, God raised Him from the dead, and one day everyone will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord (Philippians 2:6-11). Jesus tells us it is impossible to get to heaven by our own works and that only by faith in Him is it possible (Matthew 19:26). We all deserve eternal punishment for our sins, but God's infinite love and grace have allowed us a way out.“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord”(Romans 6:23).
understand

Lancing, TN

#46 Aug 17, 2012
What Do Mormons Believe: The Primary Differences Between Mormonism & Christianity

What Do Mormons Believe: Divine Authority
The Mormon church uses two sources as its primary authorities: the Book of Mormon and the Bible. The Doctrine and Covenants and The Pearl of Great Price are also viewed as divinely authoritative. The Christian church uses the Holy Bible alone as its authority from God. Joseph Smith is not recognized as a prophet.

What Do Mormons Believe: The Nature of God
The Mormon church sees God as the Supreme Being of the universe. However, He gradually acquired that position over a long period of time by living a perfect and righteous life. God the Father has a body (flesh and bones). The Christian church proclaims God as eternally and infinitely supreme. He is the same today as always. He is a spirit Being.

What Do Mormons Believe: The Nature of Man
The Mormon church teaches that humans exist as spirit beings before their birth. At physical birth, bodies are given to these spirits. They are also given an opportunity for free-will choice. The physical world represents a period of probation. The status of a person in the afterlife is determined by the way that person lived his/her life on Earth. If the person lived by a satisfactory standard,(including the fulfillment of Mormon temple obligations) that person has the potential to become a god in the after-life. The person can also produce "spirit children" to populate a world of his own (like God did with the earth). The Christian church holds that humans do not exist as spirits prior to being born into the world. Humans cannot attain godhood or populate other worlds with "spirit children."

What Do Mormons Believe: The Nature of Jesus Christ
The Mormon church views Jesus and Satan as spirit brothers and sons of God. God put forth His plan of salvation for the world, and Satan proposed his own plan. Jesus accepted the Father's plan and offered to implement it as the Savior. The Father chose Jesus, and the spirit of Jesus was given a body through the virgin Mary. He was crucified on a Roman cross, and rose from the dead three days later to establish His deity. The character and life of Jesus is attainable by anyone who performs at such a righteous level. The Christian church teaches that Jesus Christ has existed eternally as the Son of God, the second "person" of the Trinity. Jesus took on human flesh about 2000 years ago and was born into the world through the virgin Mary. He was crucified on a Roman cross for our sins, and rose from the dead three days later to establish His deity.

What Do Mormons Believe: How do we Achieve Salvation
The Mormon church holds that Jesus Christ overcame physical death and guaranteed physical resurrection to all mankind. However, spiritual death can only be avoided through personal obedience of God's commandments. Forgiveness of sins requires faith, repentance and baptism by an approved Mormon priest. The practice of baptism for the dead is an extension of this belief, in which Mormons are baptized in proxy for those who have died without proper baptism. The Christian church teaches that we are unable to live a life righteous enough to meet God's perfectly holy standard. Therefore, we establish a relationship with God by faith in the work of Christ on the cross, not by our own works. Baptism and good deeds are acts of obedience to God, but not the means for gaining eternal salvation.

What Do Mormons Believe: Life After Death
The Mormon church maintains that although there is temporary punishment for those that are most wicked, Jesus Christ will establish a new kingdom that will consist of three levels: the celestial kingdom, the terrestrial kingdom, and the telestial kingdom. The Christian church holds that there are only two possible fates after death, heaven or hell. These locations are final, both physically and spiritually.
push the button

Morristown, TN

#47 Aug 17, 2012
How can a Christian vote for a mormon? Just walk in the booth select Mitt Romney and then push the button to approve your vote. It's actually pretty easy when you compare him to Obama and the state of our country. I am not voting for him because he is a mormon, I am voting for him because he is a good business man and Obama needs to go!
seems to me

United States

#48 Aug 18, 2012
I am not for Obama. But it seems to me that Romney is a good enough business man to out smart the American people. Some one as rich as Romney is scary. Most people that have that much money are very greedy, and they are very self centered. I`m sorry, but i don`t trust him any more then i trust Obama. Either way i think the American people will suffer.
what to do

Morristown, TN

#49 Aug 21, 2012
I agree I don't think there is a good choice either way. I don't think any politician has had America's best interest at heart for a long long time and it's only gonna get worse.
KD4ZIP

United States

#50 Aug 22, 2012
seems to me wrote:
I am not for Obama. But it seems to me that Romney is a good enough business man to out smart the American people. Some one as rich as Romney is scary. Most people that have that much money are very greedy, and they are very self centered. I`m sorry, but i don`t trust him any more then i trust Obama. Either way i think the American people will suffer.
You should study history. Many presidents had great wealth. Kind of hard for an uneducated dolt earning minimum wage to reach the highest office in the land.
truth

United States

#51 Aug 22, 2012
Both party's take money from the same people. If you vote Republican or Democrat you are voting for the 1%
TAG

United States

#53 Aug 31, 2012
BLACKluvBROWNpride wrote:
We all know that mormons think blackandbrown people are cursed , all white people are racist even the dead ones white people need to know that this country does not belong to them and it never did . Change is what this place needs not a racist mormon for president . Change is what Obama is doing keeping a white president out of the white house
Wow, you are truly ignorant. I bet you believe black people cant be a racist. I hope to see you in tears on November 7. It will be a glorious day for all true Americans. You RACIST pig.
Prediction

Lancing, TN

#54 Aug 31, 2012
BLACKluvBROWNpride wrote:
Change is what Obama is doing keeping a white president out of the white house
Sorry honey, that`s about to change. Obama won`t be able to do anything about it. Not that i agree with it. I am not for either one.Its going to take a bigger man then Obama or Mitt Romney to help America. I don`t think there is a human alive that will be able to fix America.
Sonny Moon

Arlington, VA

#55 Oct 3, 2012
So Ronmey is a Morman but at least hes' not a Moslem like Obama whos' also a lier and hates America like his wife and won't even wear a American Flag pin They should go back to where Marx lived becuase theyre' Marxists too or go be president of the Kenya goverment where he was born anyway

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#56 Oct 3, 2012
Mormonism is a cult and all the whining won't change it.
They have every right to be a cult. There are no laws against it, and never should be.
Doesn't change the fact that it is a cult.
Mblock

Morristown, TN

#57 Oct 3, 2012
I cant wait for the debates tonight LETS GET IT ON

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jefferson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
how to get rid of bed bugs? (May '16) Wed Hope this helps 7
Robert C Mon southernmother 1
l.m.w. Jan 16 LoveYou 4
News Gas prices soar in Lakeway Area (Feb '08) Jan 16 Omg 46
Edmunds Jan 13 new market 14
Abusive Dentist Warren Stinson! Jan 12 JoelOsteen 6
Neveragain Jan 11 new market 10

Jefferson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jefferson City Mortgages