Chandler House in Jeff City

Chandler House in Jeff City

Posted in the Jefferson City Forum

Tell Me

Knoxville, TN

#1 Mar 31, 2010
Can anyone tell me about level of care at Chandler House Nursing Home?
Local

Mars Hill, NC

#2 Apr 1, 2010
I can't tell you the level of care. I can tell you that I have never heard of anything thing bad happening there. This would include criminal, abuse and or moral, ethical issues.

Hopefully others will chime in.
00 Spy

AOL

#3 Apr 1, 2010
Can't tell you the level of care either. I just know some really fine upstanding people that are living there. For them to choose this place and to be happy enough to stay along time, it must be an exceptional place.
know some

Morristown, TN

#4 Apr 1, 2010
I know enough to know that it is not a "nursing home", it is "assisted living" with apartment style rooms with a main dining room and a couple of sitting rooms, some activities provided by staff and transportation for special outings, resident usually has to be able to be mostly self supportive, ie be able to get up and down, out of bed on their own, vs a total care nursing home. but it seems to be a pretty good place from what i have seen, I have some friends who have been residents there and seem to enjoy it, however if you are looking for a total care nursing home, its just not in their services, hope this helps
dandridge

Bean Station, TN

#5 Apr 16, 2010
Yes my grandmother lived there for 3 years they took great care of her. I would recommend it to anyone.
talbott

Jefferson City, TN

#6 May 10, 2010
I can not say much for the care but if it was me i would stay away the cant even pay the water bill on time , and there taxes are behind
people are idiots

Morristown, TN

#7 May 11, 2010
talbott wrote:
I can not say much for the care but if it was me i would stay away the cant even pay the water bill on time , and there taxes are behind
And where may I ask did you get your "RELIABLE" info. My mother-in-law is there, and you could not ask for a more wonderful, caring and MOST of all safe place for an elderly person who needs assisted living. There are ALWAYS activities going on and they are fed VERY well! The owner is a wonderful person and so is the director. I would NOT think twice to put my loved one there. You need not make remarks you cannot back up, and tell me, when was the last time you were there!!??

Since: May 10

Knoxville, TN

#8 May 12, 2010
talbott wrote:
You don't have your facts straight. Everything is current. Those are very careless and slanderous statements you are making and you should have your facts straight before posting in a public forum.
notimefor trash

United States

#9 May 17, 2010
Talbott who wrote negative comments about taxes and water bill related to Chandler House sounds to me like he has a personal ax to grind. How easy it is to make unsubstantiated accusations against someone anonomously. Sounds to me like your not much of a man (or woman). Comments like this are liable and your IP address can be traced. Do you like your job?
inside eyes

Morristown, TN

#10 Jun 12, 2011
For everyones information...Talbott is not making false accusations. As for the care givers they do the best they can for what they have to work with. I give the caregivers alot of credit for staying with a company that has been known to bounce their paychecks, and not sure if you will be paid on time or how their pay will be coming when it is due. At times it has been known that they haven't had enough food to feed their residents, and some of the meals they serve to them are not what I would consider a healthy choice for an elderly person. Proper house keeping supplies are not provided by the company, at times the caregivers have brought in supplies they have purchased just to wash dishes, and laundry for the residents. I could continue, this is only a drop on the bucket, and all this was personally witnessed, maybe before you accuse someone of unsubstaniated comments, you should take a harder look at what really is happening there !!!!!!
count on it

Lancing, TN

#11 Jun 13, 2011
As soon as someone starts using words like liable and ip address, u can be sure they have something to hide. We all know this stuff can be traced. I would suggest asking to see nursing credentials and what training their staff actually receives and what education they have, esp those in charge. Stop in at odd hours of day/night and see what coverage is and how many are actually on duty and how many hours they have already worked on for that shift. u may be surprised what you find and decide it is not the best choice or value for your cost.
LeaveHerAlone

Kodak, TN

#12 Jun 19, 2011
Tell Me wrote:
Chandler provides assisted living eg assistance with bathing dressing grooming. Assist to walk. Medication administration including injections, blood sugar monitoring and insulin injections. They also do non-skilled would care and rehab. The average length of stay is 7 years so that must mean they have happy well adjusted residents. For the lemon head who wrote the negative comment I say man up and admit you have a personal ax to grind.
inside eyes

Morristown, TN

#13 Jun 20, 2011
If you think that one person can take care of all the needs of twenty residents and get the proper attention that each one needs, and some of them have more needs than others, if that is what you would want for your own assisted care than I say go ahead and put your loved one in there...cause that is what the ratio is....no ax to grind just the truth to be told
racingfan501

Johnson City, TN

#14 Jul 4, 2011
I have no idea who "inside eyes" is, but I can tell you that he or she has no idea what they are talking about. It is interesting to me how people who are permitted to hide behind fictitious screen names are allowed to make slanderous and careless statements such as this. I can promise every reader of this string that I have forgotten more about Chandler House than "inside eyes" will ever know, and I would publicly challenge "inside eyes" to come forward. Who are you? What is your supposed affiliation with Chandler House? I can promise you that it cannot match my association with the facility. Truth be told, I'm pretty sure I know who you are "inside eyes", and there is a reason you don't work here anymore. And by the way, yes, these posts can be traced, and they can also be requested as part of the discovery phase of a civil suit.
well well

Cosby, TN

#15 Jul 4, 2011
If the situation "inside eyes" is describing is true, the nursing home would have been closed down by the state, and all this would be on the evening news. These facilities are closely monitored by the powers that be, and if there are inadequate cleaning supplies and not enough food for the residents, don't you think the families of residents would have complained and reported this? I don't want to call anyone a liar, but it seems like "inside eyes" is opening a can of worms that might just crawl out and bite!!!

Since: Aug 12

United States

#16 Sep 13, 2012
I worked there for years and the level of care is outstanding. I would highly recommend the facility.
REBECCA WORLEY

Morristown, TN

#17 Dec 15, 2014
Tell Me wrote:
I can tell you level of care is very good ! I worked there for 4yrs i left there cause of the new company Five Star You may not like the GM manners his young & very rude he goes by JOHN TYLER! But level of care is very good!
Slick chick

Harriman, TN

#18 Jun 6, 2016
Tell Me wrote:
As long as you are not in the bridge part the care is fine.
seen it from the inside

Morristown, TN

#19 Jul 28, 2017
I have been to this facility and I am not impressed at all, look in the Alzheimer unit they dont get the care they should there clothes get lost or put in other residents rooms they are are not presentable having said that i mean they are dressed very sloppily , I never see a nurse back there and it is a locked unit they don't sit with the residents when they eat and we all know they forget how to eat with utensils hygiene is horrible.they seem to go through a lot of workers the turn over is tremendous

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jefferson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
government shutdown 1 hr loser 20
David E. Parton, Rutledge 1 hr Sincerely-Me 1
Cold weather is making me depressed 3 hr Get outside 6
Jeremy Robbins (Sep '14) 7 hr whoppy 22
Who is Diane Robbins prego by 16 hr April 20
Trying to see something Jan 16 See 1
Snow day Jan 16 Weather 2

Jefferson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance