jefferson county high school
Get your facts right

United States

#21 Nov 25, 2010
d
Central Office Raises wrote:
Well I am saying something about raises after what I just found out this morning. If you want your schools so bad then why don't you march right down to the Schools Central Office and look at some of the high paying positions there. Justify to me as a tax payer and my taxes keep rising that you can set and give out 77,200 dollars in pay raises to 7 employees in the Central Office, one employee recieved 19,000 alone, then give a 600.00 one time Christmas bonus on top of that. I don't care if you did save money in the County, There is a hiring freeze and pay increase freeze, this is just morally wrong and a slap in the face to all county employess who have not got jack crap except a 1% raise in going on 5 years, insurance going up, taxes going up, having to cut services, officers putting their life on the lines everyday and having to work 2 jobs to make ends meet, they even qualify for Ten Care for there familes because they can't afford the County Insurance. Then have the nerve to stand there and want once again to raise taxes to build schools we need. And we do need them, not saying that at all, but the odasity to do this is NOT RIGHT. If you saved so much money why not put that on some paint for the school, buy some much needed books, or pay for the supplies that the parents have to provide for kids to go to school or pay on the money you already owe. Every department has to make cuts, doing their part with no raises to help for schools, extra duties put on them because of cuts with no extra money for it, what makes you any better. I hope they take it all back for these schools, give the tax payers back their money and shut that finance department down...KUDO'S TO YOU CENTRAL OFFICE AND ALL WHO MADE IT POSSIBLE...MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU
Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!!!
student

White Pine, TN

#22 Nov 25, 2010
Walker is a pompous prick, honestly. He treats us like what we have to say is meaningless, and that goes for parents as well. He almost reminds me of a shallow businessman or lawyer. Apparently, he used to play football when he was younger and he still thinks he is hot shit. It is also true that he converted the school conference room into his personal office. You could park multiple cars in there, it is a little too much.
Wow

United States

#23 Dec 5, 2010
It's amazing to read some of these post. Parents need to know a few things. Some of your kids are liars. They have plenty of time to buy parking passes. They don't want to buy one till they have too. When it gets to that point, most of them are sold. Why do some people have kids in multiple counties? IF YOU DON'T PAY THE WHEEL TAX HERE YOU SHOULDN'T BE HERE OR DRIVE OTHERS CARS HERE, PERIOD! IT'S NOT FAIR TO EVERYONE ELSE! The teachers are glad break is gone. The only kids that went to the library during break were the ones who put their feet up on the tables and talked way too loud. Most kids only used it to get into trouble or gossip. If your child gets hungry, get your butt out of bed and fix his breakfast! Kids now have more room to eat at lunch because the new principal lets them eat in the court yard on new picnic tables. Parents wine about paying for educational items for their children but don't mind to send them to school with their Ipod and cell phones. Oh yeah, they have extra money for that because they get free and reduced lunch! There are a lot of great kids and teachers there that are glad the old administration is gone!
beam him gone

Greer, SC

#24 Dec 6, 2010
Wow wrote:
It's amazing to read some of these post. Parents need to know a few things. Some of your kids are liars. They have plenty of time to buy parking passes. They don't want to buy one till they have too. When it gets to that point, most of them are sold. Why do some people have kids in multiple counties? IF YOU DON'T PAY THE WHEEL TAX HERE YOU SHOULDN'T BE HERE OR DRIVE OTHERS CARS HERE, PERIOD! IT'S NOT FAIR TO EVERYONE ELSE! The teachers are glad break is gone. The only kids that went to the library during break were the ones who put their feet up on the tables and talked way too loud. Most kids only used it to get into trouble or gossip. If your child gets hungry, get your butt out of bed and fix his breakfast! Kids now have more room to eat at lunch because the new principal lets them eat in the court yard on new picnic tables. Parents wine about paying for educational items for their children but don't mind to send them to school with their Ipod and cell phones. Oh yeah, they have extra money for that because they get free and reduced lunch! There are a lot of great kids and teachers there that are glad the old administration is gone!
Okay , Scotty. You can go back to your big office now. By the way, it's "whine" not "wine." You are way overpaid.
Wow

United States

#25 Dec 6, 2010
beam him gone wrote:
<quoted text>Okay , Scotty. You can go back to your big office now. By the way, it's "whine" not "wine." You are way overpaid.
Glad to see you can fix others mistakes. Too bad you can't fix your own. I'm an employee not Scotty. At least my mistakes didn't include not buying a parking pass! Make sure your little darling gets up in time for the big yellow bus. HaHaHaHaHaHa
beam him gone

United States

#26 Dec 6, 2010
Wow wrote:
<quoted text> Glad to see you can fix others mistakes. Too bad you can't fix your own. I'm an employee not Scotty. At least my mistakes didn't include not buying a parking pass! Make sure your little darling gets up in time for the big yellow bus. HaHaHaHaHaHa
My little darling has a parking pass. Looks like you make mistakes too.
seriously

Franklin, TN

#27 Dec 7, 2010
I am glad to know that these student have such a wonderful employee around their school like you "wow" since you seem to care so much about children. Why do you work at the school???? It is people like you that make me sick. You are simply there for a check not to do anything for these children. If you are so miserable in your job, GET A NEW ONE and may I suggest you don't have one that requires you to be around teenagers. Some students may not be able to purchase a parking pass until later because their 16th birthdays fell after school started. It isn't a big deal though because if they play sports, they will find them a parking pass. Some children may not have the wheel tax for their vehicles due to the fact they may come from a divorced family resulting in the child living in TWO counties, which means they CHOOSE to attend Jefferson County. It is not required for them to possess tags from both counties, except the high school is not going to stand for the county missing out on the $25. It is great the new principal gave them tables in the court yard to eat, when it is WARM outside, who on earth is going to sit outside in freezing temperatures to eat that nasty food?? Not that I expect you to care since you clearly do not care about the students of the school.
Wow

United States

#28 Dec 7, 2010
FYI. I love my job. Not only do I care, but people like you only see one half of every story and usually have no idea what goes on at school. Let's see, Buying lunch for kids who can't afford it, bringing belts to kids who can't afford them, so they don't get in trouble. Staying after to tutor, for free, Paying for field trips, painting my classroom and replacing my own ceiling tile and light bulbs on the weekend and all the other stuff that people in education do that goes unsaid. Yep I suppose I don't care. You must be a school board member. They seem to be the only ones who don't care about teachers. Oh yeah, did I mention writing grants and soliciting donations so you don't have to pay school fees. It would be nice if someone just gave the money but it doesn't work quite like that. Surely you didn't think everything in classrooms was purchased with tax dollars did you? If it did what a sad education most kids would get. It's also not the schools fault that some parents make bad choices that affect their kids life. Just for the record, The picnic tables were put out there back when the weather was nice. And Im sorry I wish I could change the menu. And I'm sorry you don't like the new administration. But I assure you of one thing, not only are your kids safer, they are a lot better off with him than the old one. Believe me, I could tell you stories about things that went on with the last one that would make you too glad he's gone. I hope your kid(s) do well at JCHS.

Since: Dec 10

United States

#29 Jan 6, 2011
Wow wrote:
FYI. I love my job. Not only do I care, but people like you only see one half of every story and usually have no idea what goes on at school. Let's see, Buying lunch for kids who can't afford it, bringing belts to kids who can't afford them, so they don't get in trouble. Staying after to tutor, for free, Paying for field trips, painting my classroom and replacing my own ceiling tile and light bulbs on the weekend and all the other stuff that people in education do that goes unsaid. Yep I suppose I don't care. You must be a school board member. They seem to be the only ones who don't care about teachers. Oh yeah, did I mention writing grants and soliciting donations so you don't have to pay school fees. It would be nice if someone just gave the money but it doesn't work quite like that. Surely you didn't think everything in classrooms was purchased with tax dollars did you? If it did what a sad education most kids would get. It's also not the schools fault that some parents make bad choices that affect their kids life. Just for the record, The picnic tables were put out there back when the weather was nice. And Im sorry I wish I could change the menu. And I'm sorry you don't like the new administration. But I assure you of one thing, not only are your kids safer, they are a lot better off with him than the old one. Believe me, I could tell you stories about things that went on with the last one that would make you too glad he's gone. I hope your kid(s) do well at JCHS.
Well I dont see why everyone is ganging up on Wow because he seems to be the only person on this post with any sense. I am a sophmore at the high school and I have no problem. They could get rid of some of the mold, but that is my only complaint. Most of these parents are mad because their spoiled children are unhappy. I am mature enough to know that Jefferson County and Scott Walker are doing the best they can. Dr. Walker is doing great at the high school in my opinion. Someone needs to strap down at that place because it's going all to hell. Our main problem is the rebellion of the students. Not menus or any other luxuries like break. So stop whining and be glad that your children are getting an education
wake up kid

Calhoun, TN

#30 Jan 6, 2011
Not Alex wrote:
<quoted text> Well I dont see why everyone is ganging up on Wow because he seems to be the only person on this post with any sense. I am a sophmore at the high school and I have no problem. They could get rid of some of the mold, but that is my only complaint. Most of these parents are mad because their spoiled children are unhappy. I am mature enough to know that Jefferson County and Scott Walker are doing the best they can. Dr. Walker is doing great at the high school in my opinion. Someone needs to strap down at that place because it's going all to hell. Our main problem is the rebellion of the students. Not menus or any other luxuries like break. So stop whining and be glad that your children are getting an education
Do you really think that students at jefferson Co High are getting an education when students did not even take finals for the second nine weeks.If what you have stated is true and your school is indeed "going all to hell" it is apparent that the new principal is NOT doing the best job that he can and should be doing of the school's descent into hell would have stopped by now, or at the very least have slown down. Dr. Walker is just maintaining the status quo and taking home a paycheck that he is NOT earning.Maybe when you are older you will understand that taking a job means more than just a paycheck and a very large office. I hope that high quality education that you are receiving from JCHS takes you far in life, but you need to learn to recognize when an education is.
U all r idiots

United States

#31 Jan 7, 2011
Obviously, most of you idiots don't know what goes on in schools except what your precious spoiled babies come home and tell you or the unfounded rumors you listen to and write about from your little computers. You don't have a clue what it takes to run a school or teach in one, especially with idiot kids and their whining parents always trying to tell you how to do things, yet being unwilling themselves to take ANY responsibility. Dr. Walker is a strong leader and can only fix so much of 30 years worth of wrong-doing in one semester. Go back to bed and collect your government check (one that I pay taxes for) this afternoon--at least you have experience with that.
amen

United States

#32 Jan 7, 2011
U all r idiots wrote:
Obviously, most of you idiots don't know what goes on in schools except what your precious spoiled babies come home and tell you or the unfounded rumors you listen to and write about from your little computers. You don't have a clue what it takes to run a school or teach in one, especially with idiot kids and their whining parents always trying to tell you how to do things, yet being unwilling themselves to take ANY responsibility. Dr. Walker is a strong leader and can only fix so much of 30 years worth of wrong-doing in one semester. Go back to bed and collect your government check (one that I pay taxes for) this afternoon--at least you have experience with that.
amen!!!!!!!!
Just saying

Knoxville, TN

#33 Jan 7, 2011
U all r idiots wrote:
I sure hope he can, making $102,000.00 a year, he needs to earn it.
wow

Calhoun, TN

#34 Jan 7, 2011
U all r idiots wrote:
Calm down, Mrs. Walker

Since: Dec 10

Morristown, TN

#35 Jan 7, 2011
wake up kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think that students at jefferson Co High are getting an education when students did not even take finals for the second nine weeks.If what you have stated is true and your school is indeed "going all to hell" it is apparent that the new principal is NOT doing the best job that he can and should be doing of the school's descent into hell would have stopped by now, or at the very least have slown down. Dr. Walker is just maintaining the status quo and taking home a paycheck that he is NOT earning.Maybe when you are older you will understand that taking a job means more than just a paycheck and a very large office. I hope that high quality education that you are receiving from JCHS takes you far in life, but you need to learn to recognize when an education is.
Well it isnt his fault that this place has been run into the ground. I dont think he should have to take the blame because the place has improved since he got there. It was worse last year. At least he is doing better than Schneitman.
passing through

United States

#36 Jan 8, 2011
wake up kid wrote:
<quoted text>
To be fair, it isn't Walker's fault that finals were not given.That was a county-wide decision. Taking a test doesn't give you an education. It's what goes on BEFORE the test that it's important.
tta

Charlotte, NC

#37 Jan 8, 2011
Eoc test were given. If you don't know what Eoc stands for your opinion really doesn't matter.
Ben

Morristown, TN

#38 Jan 19, 2011
No one on here has mentioned anything about Schneitman's predecessory, Bill Taylor or Jim Dave Swann. I think that when Taylor left in 1981, Jim Collins should've been promoted to Principal. He cared much more about the students in my opinion than Taylor, who I think was a smart aleck.
Craig

Williston, SC

#39 Jan 20, 2011
beam him gone wrote:
<quoted text>Okay , Scotty. You can go back to your big office now. By the way, it's "whine" not "wine." You are way overpaid.
Sure are way overpaid. This man is a bigger joke than Anne Marie Potts and her nasty little crew is! I say tar and feather them all and run them outta town!
tfm

Morristown, TN

#40 Feb 23, 2011
the principal is so stupid all he is dead set on is to stop dipping and fighting in school he doesnt care about drugs or anything else, also some of the kids only get 5 minutes to eat because the lines are so long.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jefferson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cody Russell police 1 hr On sale 2
School zoning 1 hr taxpayer 10
Stripper (Apr '13) 3 hr BWW43 53
Topix trolls or troll (Jul '13) 4 hr Troll 11
News English Mountain Football (Nov '08) 8 hr Mr dandridge 3,870
Cancel your Standard Banner Subscription 9 hr Toby 8
Lisa's County Kitc (May '10) 19 hr money 89

Jefferson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance