Next Last
larryforjesus

Morristown, TN

#1 Mar 10, 2009
Whats does everyone think of the new Store manager at the Jeff city Food Lion
Jeffcitygirl

Morristown, TN

#2 Mar 13, 2009
Well not really sure about the manager but it seems here of late the associates have been welcoming me about 50 time throughout the store. I liked going in there before cause i could go in there and feel like the workers really cared how my day was ,now it just seems so prescribed. I want my customer experience back.
Tom23

Morristown, TN

#3 Mar 17, 2009
Thats because they're supposed to say that, or else they get in trouble. New manager, dumb rules. Still, I love the store.
Susie

Dandridge, TN

#4 Mar 17, 2009
Always has been a top-notch place for selection ! Makes me want to turn into a gourmet cook ! Thanks for make JC a great place to shop.
food lion supporter

Church Hill, VA

#5 Mar 28, 2009
larryforjesus wrote:
Whats does everyone think of the new Store manager at the Jeff city Food Lion
Let me guess your one of the "former" employees?
Josh

Kodak, TN

#6 Apr 7, 2009
I have shopped there for a long time and here in the last few weeks I have noticed several of my favorite employees are no longer there whats up with that this has always been a friendly store now everyone just seems depressed all the time I guess this manager must really suck.
Jobless

New Market, TN

#7 Apr 8, 2009
Food Lion made a huge mistake when they transferred Dale Spurgeon. He was a huge community person. Yes, we miss Dale
working person

Knoxville, TN

#8 Apr 8, 2009
Jobless wrote:
Food Lion made a huge mistake when they transferred Dale Spurgeon. He was a huge community person. Yes, we miss Dale
community person, didn't the new manager just get a award for everything he did for the community in morristown
FoodLionFan

Tazewell, TN

#9 Apr 16, 2009
Dale Spurgeon...was he a tall thin guy?
Jefferson City

Cosby, TN

#10 May 18, 2009
Has anyone heard anything about Food Lion closing?
food lion shopper

Knoxville, TN

#11 May 20, 2009
it is true food lion is closing, I think in June...
Info

Morristown, TN

#12 May 21, 2009
Is is just the Jeff City store?

“Save The USA!”

Since: Oct 08

Constitutional Republic?

#13 May 21, 2009
No Way! Really? I shop there every week! Dang!
True

Morristown, TN

#14 May 22, 2009
Food Lion In Jeff City will close June 30th.. Something to do with the landlord and lease running up..No others are closing though.
marilyn smith

Mountain City, TN

#15 May 26, 2009
I always liked Food Lion and so did my mama Rachel Ailyn. She would crawl in the dumpsters behind the store and fish out old beef and make meatloaf with it. She served it to guests but didn't tell them the source of the meat until after they had eaten.

She was pretty good at scavenging when she wasn't working on inheriting another estate or trying to hook a rich old widower into marriage.

I'm trying to remember just how many times she was married. I seem to have forgotten.

“Save The USA!”

Constitutional Republic?

#16 May 30, 2009
True wrote:
Food Lion In Jeff City will close June 30th.. Something to do with the landlord and lease running up..No others are closing though.
Is this really true? I want to know.
food lion supporter

Church Hill, VA

#17 Jun 7, 2009
yes it is true
jefferson city

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#18 Jun 18, 2009
Starting Yesterday everything in the store went to 60% off. Almost everything is gone. It's really quite sad. This town needs Food Lion and other stores like it to give Wal-Mart some competition. First Shipe & catlett, now food lion, who's next??? Wal-mart & lowe's keep getting bigger while the little man becomes almost non-existent. What a tragedy!!!

“Save The USA!”

Constitutional Republic?

#19 Jul 25, 2009
Anyone know what's going in there? I heard that Food Lion's lease was revoked because a new tenant was moving in. Who is it? We need another grocery store. Competition is weak in this town, and prices are going up!

“Pistol packin' momma!”

Since: Jul 09

Jefferson City

#20 Jul 26, 2009
Collateral Damage wrote:
Anyone know what's going in there? I heard that Food Lion's lease was revoked because a new tenant was moving in. Who is it? We need another grocery store. Competition is weak in this town, and prices are going up!
I don't think their lease was revoked, I think it was up and the company chose not to renew it. I may be wrong, and yes, this town needs competition, bad!!!!! What we really need is a SuperTarget to blow Wal-mart out of the water!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jefferson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bravada Recovered LINDA PARROTT still wanted by... 18 min WATCHER1 1
Cody Gibson ?? What do you know about him? 2 hr Well 3
My husbands affair has ruined my life. 2 hr Revenge 16
Swannanoa River 3 hr Carolina 1
Professional athletes 4 hr Patriot 15
News English Mountain Football (Nov '08) 4 hr Stud horse 4,785
Build the bridge. Sun Runaround Sue 22

Jefferson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance