FoodCritic

Washington, MI

#1 Jan 6, 2009
I would not recommened this establishment to my worst enemy! When i first ate there I thought it was great
The pizza tasted just like pizza from up north. As i kept going back there was no consistancy in the food. I then noticed an issue with little crawlies and heard similar stories from other customers. A waitress that i become close with over the year then let me know that practices in the kitchen were unhealthy and definitly not appetizing. The garlic bread they give out goes from one persons table back to the kitchen then reheated and on to someone elses table! They do it with pasta and soups as well! I was totally horrified at the thought of eating food that someone else that previous had there utensils in. Bussiness has gone down drastically. And I can not bring my self to go back there knowing whats going on in there kitchen. And to top if off I went to the restaurant they claimed to authentic italians from Italy. I am italian and speak italian fluently, When i confronted them they ran to the kitchen and did not come back out till i left. When i went back i heard them speaking in another language which made me very curious. I looked up the business liscense and through some simple investigating i came to find out. They are Muslim Albanian Immigrants that came to america during the war in kosovo. That was the last straw. Why lie and say your italian when your a muslim albanian.
JackBlack

Washington, MI

#2 Jan 6, 2009
Oh my god! First time i ate there last month i roach was slowly crawling on my table before i even got to eat my lunch! I got up to leave and the owner comes and offers me free dessert, when i declined and stated I would not eat there with roaches he got mad and said i would have to pay for my water and bread i ate while waiting for my food.I threw 5 dollars in his face and walked out then called the health department on him!

Since: Nov 08

tennessee

#3 Jan 10, 2009
do a little digging on their government bennies, it kills me. i can't divulge what i know, but they have been reported...

“Karmas a [email protected]

Since: Sep 07

Jefferson city

#4 Jan 10, 2009
ordered take home and it went back they offered to replace it NO THANX pizzas better when its baked
Really

AOL

#5 Jan 11, 2009
They aren't italian?
Food Critic

Washington, MI

#6 Feb 11, 2009
No they are not! And if you try to speak Italian to them, They all run to the back! And tell the staff to say they are busy. My grandma from Italy came and I took her there and they would not come out of the kitchen! Its amazing to me what people will eat! And more amazing how people will lie to others to make a buck! It is just amazing that people own a restaurant make money yet still get govt fund to purchase grocerys at home and free health care!
GEnos

Tazewell, TN

#7 Apr 16, 2009
Remember the Geno's restaurant (spelled with an E). the next to last store on the left end of the plaza. Years ago....it was the only place in town (other than Bells).
Lots of folks had lots of good times there. Was sorry to see them close. When the Ginos opened so year that original spot...I had a quick flash of hope they'd returned....but, with the different spelling...it was clearly not them.
Maybe the original Geno's folks will take it over...at least the management...and bring back the old menu.
loves ginos

Morristown, TN

#8 Apr 27, 2009
FoodCritic wrote:
I would not recommened this establishment to my worst enemy! When i first ate there I thought it was great
The pizza tasted just like pizza from up north. As i kept going back there was no consistancy in the food. I then noticed an issue with little crawlies and heard similar stories from other customers. A waitress that i become close with over the year then let me know that practices in the kitchen were unhealthy and definitly not appetizing. The garlic bread they give out goes from one persons table back to the kitchen then reheated and on to someone elses table! They do it with pasta and soups as well! I was totally horrified at the thought of eating food that someone else that previous had there utensils in. Bussiness has gone down drastically. And I can not bring my self to go back there knowing whats going on in there kitchen. And to top if off I went to the restaurant they claimed to authentic italians from Italy. I am italian and speak italian fluently, When i confronted them they ran to the kitchen and did not come back out till i left. When i went back i heard them speaking in another language which made me very curious. I looked up the business liscense and through some simple investigating i came to find out. They are Muslim Albanian Immigrants that came to america during the war in kosovo. That was the last straw. Why lie and say your italian when your a muslim albanian.
this place is wonderfull.we eat there weekly and ive never seen any of the things you all report, i say go ginos!
west mom

Morristown, TN

#9 May 1, 2009
I love Genos also. I eat there all the time. The food is great, the service is great, and the menu is great. I highly recommend it!
MaryDandridge

Washington, MI

#10 Jun 24, 2009
Well I always considered this the greatest Italian of all time. Untill that is, I found something dead in my soup. The worst part was I found it when I was almost done. Gino said he was sorry and didnt know what to do for me. I will say this, a week later I went to big lots and saw an exterminator truck there in front. I hope it was there for them. I wont be going back for a while please let me know if they do clear up the problem.
redawg

Morristown, TN

#11 Jul 7, 2009
ye gods!!

Since: Aug 09

United States

#12 Aug 28, 2009
Well I have to say Gino's is/was Great. I have not dined there recently. As for little crawlies, most restaurants have those issues. They come in with boxes and bags. That is why constant pest control is needed.
Teacher

Morristown, TN

#13 Aug 30, 2009
loves ginos wrote:
<quoted text>this place is wonderfull.we eat there weekly and ive never seen any of the things you all report, i say go ginos!
I also eat there often and have NEVER HAD ANY OF THESE PROBLEMS! They are nice and very accommodating. So what if they might not be Italian. Pizza Hut isn't run by Italians. Some of the comments are racist.
Rock

Knoxville, TN

#14 Sep 8, 2009
We ate there and there was a hair in our maranara. Not going back. It seems that som have been lucky and some have not. I unfortunately can't overlook what happened to me. And you should not say your Italian if your not. I don't think it matters to the customer but it does make them mad when something thinks it is required to lie about it in order to get business.
Skeptical

San Francisco, CA

#15 Oct 12, 2009
I have never had any issues w the food ... best pizza around .. they seem to speak with a foreign accent.. and .. did see a roach in the floor and wall .. but .. any 40 year old bldng in the south .. or 4 day old bld for that matter has a few .. been aruond for millions of years.. so give them a break
very good food - fair prices and nice folks .. they work .. try to raise a good family and offer back .. wish all in the once great USA did the same today
Justin

AOL

#16 Jan 28, 2010
I eat there fairly regularly and have never seen anything other than flies in the fall, which is, seemingly, a problem as the temperature starts to fall. For me, the food has always been pretty good. I haven't tried anything yet that I haven't liked, and I've been there probably 50 times. I have recommended it to several people who have loved it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jefferson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What activities for children or teens in Jeffer... 4 hr Nate River 2
Man dies at Jefferson City Walmart 5 hr Nate River 11
People dying at Jefferson City Wal-Mart 6 hr Nate River 3
News English Mountain Football (Nov '08) 6 hr Gp strong 4,605
brian rhodes & lester ramsey 17 hr Concerned 3
Tig Welder Tue Mech 4
Bobby Hubbard Tue Bobby 2

Jefferson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance