cartoonist Bruce Plante versus the snow

cartoonist Bruce Plante versus the snow

There are 19 comments on the Tulsa World story from Aug 29, 2011, titled cartoonist Bruce Plante versus the snow. In it, Tulsa World reports that:

And THIS is "The Tooth Fairy!" I hope you all get that reference. I really do. Courtesy/2010 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation and Walden When you think of Oklahoma weather if you're not from Oklahoma, all you need to see if my high school yearbook comments: "Don't get sucked up in a twister." "Look out for tornadoes!" Even earthquakes are ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Tulsa World.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#1 Aug 29, 2011
Just another leftist from the Tulsa Worlds staff of liberals. Wonder why Plante didn't do a cartoon from the loaded FOP Poll that was skewed so far to the left that even the World ridiculed it. The FOP control the council which is why they are supporting all the incumbants.
Thanks Dewey

Sand Springs, OK

#2 Aug 29, 2011
Le Jimbo wrote:
Just another leftist from the Tulsa Worlds staff of liberals. Wonder why Plante didn't do a cartoon from the loaded FOP Poll that was skewed so far to the left that even the World ridiculed it. The FOP control the council which is why they are supporting all the incumbants.
Thanks for you comment Mayor!! You may just be right!! But if you know anything you would know that the Tulsa World normally supports Bartlett...right or wrong... I'll bet the FOP wished they had one half of the power that you say they have!! But it's really neat that the City of Tulsa mayor would comment on this forum!

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#3 Aug 29, 2011
Thanks Dewey wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for you comment Mayor!! You may just be right!! But if you know anything you would know that the Tulsa World normally supports Bartlett...right or wrong... I'll bet the FOP wished they had one half of the power that you say they have!! But it's really neat that the City of Tulsa mayor would comment on this forum!
I didn't mention Bartlett, but good try. This whole councial fiasco has been since the FOP voted to dismiss many of their officers infavor of thier own interest..........they have since tried to discredit Bartlett anyway they can. They don't like people that stand up to them, even if your an officer and don't want to go to a muslim dog and pony show.
Really cannot Remember

United States

#4 Aug 29, 2011
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't mention Bartlett, but good try. This whole councial fiasco has been since the FOP voted to dismiss many of their officers infavor of thier own interest..........they have since tried to discredit Bartlett anyway they can. They don't like people that stand up to them, even if your an officer and don't want to go to a muslim dog and pony show.
You know...I really cannot ever remember you ever making a statement where you weren't trying to smear the FOP. You always have an excuse for Dewey Bartlett and his unprofessional behavior. The telephone poll conducted barely showed a majority wanting a government form change. Had it been a loaded poll, as Dewey said, the results would have been heavily favoring change. By the way, you should try using a spell checker before you post....you are spelling at a fourth grade level.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#5 Aug 30, 2011
Really cannot Remember wrote:
<quoted text>
You know...I really cannot ever remember you ever making a statement where you weren't trying to smear the FOP. You always have an excuse for Dewey Bartlett and his unprofessional behavior. The telephone poll conducted barely showed a majority wanting a government form change. Had it been a loaded poll, as Dewey said, the results would have been heavily favoring change. By the way, you should try using a spell checker before you post....you are spelling at a fourth grade level.
You might want to read how the questions were ask. It had great baring on what response was solicited. The fact remains with the latest actions of the TFD and the FOP the unions are trying to regain control.
Information

United States

#6 Aug 30, 2011
What the FOP did was pay for a polling company to conduct a poll to gather information from citizens, at no cost to the City. That info was then provided to the citizens. The FOP did not endorse one way or the other the proposed changes. The FOP provided a source of info, other than City Hall and the councilors and the public can do with the info as they please. No control involved and the FOP does not run the fire union.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#7 Aug 31, 2011
Information wrote:
What the FOP did was pay for a polling company to conduct a poll to gather information from citizens, at no cost to the City. That info was then provided to the citizens. The FOP did not endorse one way or the other the proposed changes. The FOP provided a source of info, other than City Hall and the councilors and the public can do with the info as they please. No control involved and the FOP does not run the fire union.
Well today we see the TFD in defiance of the City Charter. They are for all of the incumbents, just like the FOP....We can see who they feel are friendly to the two unions....and against the Mayor that twarted them. This all started with the pay cuts and is just a continuation of the unions still trying to maintain the controls they have had to get their pay and benefits where they are today.....extreme.
Worried

Coweta, OK

#8 Aug 31, 2011
Why are you so worried? Was this a suprise to you? The councilors endorsed voted against Bartlett in the laying off of officers and cuts in public safety funding. The councilors endorsed by the firefighters are the same as the FOP. Bartlett made promises to the firefighters that he did not keep and they are justly upset. So what is the big deal to you? This is called politics! Do you want to outlaw the lobbyists that work the halls of the legislature? It's called politics and Dewey Bartlett is a politician.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#9 Aug 31, 2011
Worried wrote:
Why are you so worried? Was this a suprise to you? The councilors endorsed voted against Bartlett in the laying off of officers and cuts in public safety funding. The councilors endorsed by the firefighters are the same as the FOP. Bartlett made promises to the firefighters that he did not keep and they are justly upset. So what is the big deal to you? This is called politics! Do you want to outlaw the lobbyists that work the halls of the legislature? It's called politics and Dewey Bartlett is a politician.
True, but government workers other than voting, should not be able to provide aid and undo force to those that can regulate their pay and benefits. It is a conflict of interest.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#10 Aug 31, 2011
You did see what happened in Wisconson when the republicans stopped the insurance scam from the government employee union that also owned the insurance company. Wisconson went from a 4 billion dollar defecite to a 1.4 million surplus. Unions have no place in government. Unless your in Russia.
History

Coweta, OK

#11 Aug 31, 2011
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>True, but government workers other than voting, should not be able to provide aid and undo force to those that can regulate their pay and benefits. It is a conflict of interest.
Seems rather interesting that this has never been an issue until Dewey Bartlett became mayor. The many, many mayors that this city has had in the past all saw that city employees should not campaign while on duty, but when it came to the unions, that was politics and all of them always approached the unions and asked for endorsements. All of them.....Are you saying that all of these past mayors were wrong and the only one correct is Bartlett? The firefighters and the FOP are doing what has always been done.....nothing new. The only difference is Mr. Bartlett, who cannot seem to get along with anyone!

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#12 Aug 31, 2011
History wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems rather interesting that this has never been an issue until Dewey Bartlett became mayor. The many, many mayors that this city has had in the past all saw that city employees should not campaign while on duty, but when it came to the unions, that was politics and all of them always approached the unions and asked for endorsements. All of them.....Are you saying that all of these past mayors were wrong and the only one correct is Bartlett? The firefighters and the FOP are doing what has always been done.....nothing new. The only difference is Mr. Bartlett, who cannot seem to get along with anyone!
Yes, Kathy Taylor gave the unions their way.....except for all the officers she lied about adding. This isn't about Dewey, it's a power struggle just like Wisconson was.
It is about Dewey

Coweta, OK

#13 Sep 1, 2011
You can stick your head in the sand if you want but this absolutely is about Dewey Bartlett. If Tulsa had a true leader, we would not be discussing half the issues that were are discussing. Why don't you go back a bit farther than Kathy Taylor....way back.... Not all of those mayors were exactly employee friendly but not of them treated their employees like school kids and they all would, and more importantly could, discuss issues at a table. Bartlett's manner is "It's my way or the highway." We have 9 councilors, from all across the city, and they hardly ever agree on anything! But they agree on the state of the city and the urgent need for a mayor that is not a dictator and one that will talk.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#14 Sep 2, 2011
It is about Dewey wrote:
You can stick your head in the sand if you want but this absolutely is about Dewey Bartlett. If Tulsa had a true leader, we would not be discussing half the issues that were are discussing. Why don't you go back a bit farther than Kathy Taylor....way back.... Not all of those mayors were exactly employee friendly but not of them treated their employees like school kids and they all would, and more importantly could, discuss issues at a table. Bartlett's manner is "It's my way or the highway." We have 9 councilors, from all across the city, and they hardly ever agree on anything! But they agree on the state of the city and the urgent need for a mayor that is not a dictator and one that will talk.
hmmmmmmmm I guess having a business person as a leader is something the left is not used to manipulating. I know logic usually confuses them.
Business Person

Coweta, OK

#15 Sep 3, 2011
Dewey Bartlett is a business person? He had 7 people in his oil company...including himself!! That is not exactly what I call a major business leader!! If he was actually a leader, there would be people following him. That is not the case...By the way...the judge did not rule that the unions could not participate in the political campaigns...just the individuel employees...You might look at the decision that was just advising why an injuction was not issued.
Conflict of Interest

Coweta, OK

#16 Sep 4, 2011
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>True, but government workers other than voting, should not be able to provide aid and undo force to those that can regulate their pay and benefits. It is a conflict of interest.
You talk about conflict of interest when you speak of unions participating in public forums and politics. I ask you this..is it not a conflict of interest for Dewey Bartlett to get in front of the newspaper and/or television media and give his opinions why the City should retain the strong mayor form of government? Would he not lose his job if this happened and he is trying to keep that from happening? He is attempting to regulate his pay and benefits by stating his own opinions on various City of Tulsa topics. Why is that any different that what you say the unions are doing?

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#17 Sep 5, 2011
Conflict of Interest wrote:
<quoted text>
You talk about conflict of interest when you speak of unions participating in public forums and politics. I ask you this..is it not a conflict of interest for Dewey Bartlett to get in front of the newspaper and/or television media and give his opinions why the City should retain the strong mayor form of government? Would he not lose his job if this happened and he is trying to keep that from happening? He is attempting to regulate his pay and benefits by stating his own opinions on various City of Tulsa topics. Why is that any different that what you say the unions are doing?
Unions can do what the law allows them to do, that being said, the recent laws that are trying to be snuck into the transportation bill, gives the unions undo influence and makes it mandentory to join, or if the majority of a union votes for something the individual vote is nul and void.....by the way, I said governmental unions should not be allowed........and again you can see by Wisconson what mistchief that caused.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#18 Sep 5, 2011
Conflict of Interest wrote:
<quoted text>
You talk about conflict of interest when you speak of unions participating in public forums and politics. I ask you this..is it not a conflict of interest for Dewey Bartlett to get in front of the newspaper and/or television media and give his opinions why the City should retain the strong mayor form of government? Would he not lose his job if this happened and he is trying to keep that from happening? He is attempting to regulate his pay and benefits by stating his own opinions on various City of Tulsa topics. Why is that any different that what you say the unions are doing?
So you are saying that Bartlett is changing his pay plan with a news conference..........and his own opinion. Tell you teleprompter in chief in Washington that.
Double Talk

Sand Springs, OK

#19 Sep 5, 2011
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>So you are saying that Bartlett is changing his pay plan with a news conference..........and his own opinion. Tell you teleprompter in chief in Washington that.
In the State of Oklahoma, the "Right to Work" law has always been here...no one is required to join the union to work at a certain job. Whether it's the private or public sector. The unions were not prohibited by the district court judge from any type of activity, but Mr. Bartlett released the info that the unions were violating the "order of the court." Blatently false statement! And....when he gets on any media and tells the citizens his opinion, he is trying to influence the voters into doing something his way.....You tell me how that is any different than what capital lobbyists, political activists, labor unions, or individual politicians are doing? Bartlett has always been full of double talk and this situation is no different.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cherokees to assist CDIB card applicants (Apr '08) Apr 16 jeb1966 124
News OSBI: Investigating the Investigators (Apr '10) Mar '17 KellieTiner 93
Jay Music Thread (May '12) Feb '17 Musikologist 18
News Commentary: Women's March in Washington, D.C. Feb '17 great 1
News Oklahoma health leaders address law on abortion... Dec '16 gasp 1
Review: All American Septic Service (Sep '13) Nov '16 Mccrory 3
Looking for my man (May '16) Nov '16 goblow 8

Jay Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jay Mortgages