Rural Colcord resident sentenced to p...

Rural Colcord resident sentenced to prison in shooting death

There are 35 comments on the Joplin Globe story from Apr 19, 2007, titled Rural Colcord resident sentenced to prison in shooting death. In it, Joplin Globe reports that:

JAY, Okla. - A Delaware County man convicted of killing a Colcord man has been sentenced to eight years in prison.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Joplin Globe.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Former Colcord Resident

Vinita, OK

#23 Sep 7, 2009
The bickering and bad mouthing on here is not going to change the horrible situation that happened. It was a bad deal!! Somewhere in here we have to try to put our animosities aside, and decide to go on with our lives. I feel very bad for ALL who were either involved directly or who were affected by this terrible incident.

Since: Nov 09

Siloam Springs, AR

#24 Nov 17, 2009
You people need to take a look at yourselves and how you represent the area. Why in the world would you wish harm on people you don't even really know? I pray that you guys find some kind of peace. I knew Robert also. I have no idea who was most at fault there. I know if you go looking for trouble you will find it. I hate that one kid possibly has ruined his life and ended someone else's.
Anonymous

Fayetteville, AR

#26 Jul 2, 2011
sammyboy wrote:
Have most of you people gone nuts ? You have the legal right to defend yourself ! That means if you must kill then kill what has happend to people standing up for themselfs ! Everyone is to damn scared someone will sue them so let them half of nothing is nothing so take it .

Sammyboy= I don't know if u know this buddy boy but u need to butt out!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous

Fayetteville, AR

#27 Jul 2, 2011
ndn wrote:
I think Tim did the right thing. Alberty was a piece of white trash. Can't wait to see Tim.
ndn= you need to shut your mouth! If anyone is white trash it is you! You have NO right to be talking bout Alberty that way!
Anonymous

Fayetteville, AR

#28 Jul 2, 2011
ndn29 wrote:
<quoted text>
Alberty is "oh i mean WAS" the biggest piece of white trash there ever was on the face of the earth and your stupid for dating him
Oh yeah u are stupid enough to be talking crap about a really good person who is now dead thanks to someone by the name of Tim!
Anonymous

Fayetteville, AR

#29 Jul 2, 2011
ndn29 wrote:
<quoted text>
If Robert was smart he would have killed himself a long time ago instead of someone else doing it

Once again shut your freaking mouth!!!!!!!!!! Robert was a really smart guy!!!!!! He had a family to take care of! I don't know who you think you are! Going around talking crap!!!! Let me guess:::: he beat the crap out of you?
Anonymous

Fayetteville, AR

#30 Jul 4, 2011
skipper wrote:
Timothy Duane Bales 8 years of his life and $11,293.95 for being faster on the draw than Alberty.
Hun you need to get your facts right! I don't think Alberty is the kinda person to pull a gun on someone! He probley would get out and fight them but never pull a gun!
Anonymous

Fayetteville, AR

#31 Jul 4, 2011
Niki Colord wrote:
since you announced that Tim is your cousin then maybe you should leave the state too just like his stupid dad and dont come back to colcord. And by the way Robert was my boyfriend and had a lot of friend!!! your a piece of shit too
<quoted text>
Niki I need to talk to you
Anonymous

Fayetteville, AR

#32 Jul 4, 2011
Jeremy tune wrote:
Tim was in the right if a man pulls a gun on me I would shoot him first. Timothy is a great guy and did what he had to do to stay alive and I'm glad he made it he is my cousin
I think your cousin is telling a butt load of bullcrap!!!!
RLE

Ridgedale, MO

#34 May 21, 2014
Niki Colord wrote:
since you announced that Tim is your cousin then maybe you should leave the state too just like his stupid dad and dont come back to colcord. And by the way Robert was my boyfriend and had a lot of friend!!! your a piece of shit too
<quoted text>
your the dumb ass and stop threatening my family you peace of shit yes you !!!!
RLE

Ridgedale, MO

#35 May 22, 2014
jack wrote:
he should have got life, in 8 years a murderer will walk the streets but you can be a drug dealer and get 25 yrs.
defending your self is not murder !!! I would do the same thing .....
I know the truth

United States

#37 Oct 6, 2014
Tim Bales is alive, that I know to be a fact! I see you people posting negative things on here and yet no one mentions he had 2 kids of his own who grew up without him being there for them. Had it been the other way around and Tim went to Roberts house and pulled a gun and Robert killed him you all would think he did no wrong that Tim would have got what he had coming to him. I will say this, nothing can change the situation, Roberts gone may he rest in peace!! Tims life was changed and he is a better person now than before Robert changed his life. In a way Tim owes Robert a debt of gratitude for helping him change his life. God called Robert home and opened Tims eyes to the life he was living and showed him he needed to be a better person!!
luella

United States

#38 Jul 11, 2015
Niki Colord wrote:
first of all you stupid bastard you dont know shit about me and Robert was the BEST person i ever knew and let me guess you got your ass kicked by him or something. who do you think you are to talk about him. maybe he should have killed you along time ago!!!!! and for your information im a very intellangent person. and you should burn in hell for the things you say about people that are dead. how the hell do you even know him anyway.
<quoted text>
lmao. You cant even spell intelligence never mind be blessed with some! Lmao
luella

United States

#39 Jul 11, 2015
You cant even SPELL intelligent. Lmao
Idgaf

Ozark, AR

#40 Aug 6, 2016
luella wrote:
You cant even SPELL intelligent. Lmao
Hey you can stfu. You're comments arent needed so feel free to leave dick breath.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for ladies Apr 12 Laying tile 1
Dr mote Mar 28 Truth 2
KDB Match 98: Koba vs Discord (MLP) Mar 23 Kiryu2013 1
News Morning Bell: School leaders review safety plans Feb '18 getstrapped 1
News The Morning Bell: Fighting chronic absenteeism ... Jan '18 Juan Carlos 2
Jay Music Thread (May '12) Dec '17 Musikologist 19
News OSBI: Investigating the Investigators (Apr '10) Dec '17 his wife 95

Jay Jobs

Personal Finance

Jay Mortgages