Rural Colcord resident sentenced to p...

Rural Colcord resident sentenced to prison in shooting death

There are 34 comments on the Joplin Globe story from Apr 19, 2007, titled Rural Colcord resident sentenced to prison in shooting death. In it, Joplin Globe reports that:

JAY, Okla. - A Delaware County man convicted of killing a Colcord man has been sentenced to eight years in prison.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Joplin Globe.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“1943-2013”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#1 Apr 19, 2007
Timothy Duane Bales 8 years of his life and $11,293.95 for being faster on the draw than Alberty.
jack

United States

#2 May 2, 2007
he should have got life, in 8 years a murderer will walk the streets but you can be a drug dealer and get 25 yrs.
Jeremy tune

Tulsa, OK

#3 May 11, 2007
Tim was in the right if a man pulls a gun on me I would shoot him first. Timothy is a great guy and did what he had to do to stay alive and I'm glad he made it he is my cousin
sammyboy

Berryville, AR

#4 May 15, 2007
Have most of you people gone nuts ? You have the legal right to defend yourself ! That means if you must kill then kill what has happend to people standing up for themselfs ! Everyone is to damn scared someone will sue them so let them half of nothing is nothing so take it .
tony

Cabot, AR

#5 May 19, 2007
there are so many things that never came out in this case that some people know, if ALL the true facts would have came out who knows what would have happened.
nation

Edmond, OK

#6 May 30, 2007
8 yrs? wtf? Larry O'Leary shot James Hanson down in cold blood and didn't get nuthin. I'm guessin Alberty was white. Yeah I said it.
Enigma

Siloam Springs, AR

#7 Mar 6, 2008
If James Hanson had attacked me the same way, I would have shot his ass too.
posted

Locust Grove, OK

#8 Mar 10, 2008
James Hansen was UNARMED. Oleary lives today -so he could live to shoot your ass too. Hansen never attacked anyone -get your facts straight.
jack

Siloam Springs, AR

#9 Mar 27, 2008
yea but everyone knows its all in who ya know here in delaware county. how else do ya think they got a judge up there on sunday to set o'leary's bond
Doesnt Matter

Fayetteville, AR

#10 Jun 17, 2009
skipper wrote:
Timothy Duane Bales 8 years of his life and $11,293.95 for being faster on the draw than Alberty.
You're an idiot! May God have mercy on you.
ndn

Ozark, AR

#11 Aug 27, 2009
I think Tim did the right thing. Alberty was a piece of white trash. Can't wait to see Tim.
Niki

Siloam Springs, AR

#12 Aug 28, 2009
Jeremy tim should be dead!!!!!!! Robert did not pull a gun on him. robert was leaving and that sob shot him while he had his head turned
Jeremy tune wrote:
Tim was in the right if a man pulls a gun on me I would shoot him first. Timothy is a great guy and did what he had to do to stay alive and I'm glad he made it he is my cousin
Niki Colord

Siloam Springs, AR

#13 Aug 28, 2009
No tim was a piece of trash and he wont make it out of prison alive if he does it wont be long til they find that sob DEAD
ndn wrote:
I think Tim did the right thing. Alberty was a piece of white trash. Can't wait to see Tim.
Niki Colord

Siloam Springs, AR

#14 Aug 28, 2009
since you announced that Tim is your cousin then maybe you should leave the state too just like his stupid dad and dont come back to colcord. And by the way Robert was my boyfriend and had a lot of friend!!! your a piece of shit too
Jeremy tune wrote:
ndn29

Russellville, AR

#15 Aug 28, 2009
Niki Colord wrote:
No tim was a piece of trash and he wont make it out of prison alive if he does it wont be long til they find that sob DEAD
<quoted text>
Alberty is "oh i mean WAS" the biggest piece of white trash there ever was on the face of the earth and your stupid for dating him
ndn29

Russellville, AR

#16 Aug 28, 2009
Niki Colord wrote:
<quoted text>
If Robert was smart he would have killed himself a long time ago instead of someone else doing it
Former Colcord Resident

Vinita, OK

#18 Aug 30, 2009
Were you there? How do you know Robert didn't reach for a gun unless you were there??
Niki wrote:
Jeremy tim should be dead!!!!!!! Robert did not pull a gun on him. robert was leaving and that sob shot him while he had his head turned
<quoted text>
Niki Colord

Siloam Springs, AR

#19 Sep 1, 2009
first of all you stupid bastard you dont know shit about me and Robert was the BEST person i ever knew and let me guess you got your ass kicked by him or something. who do you think you are to talk about him. maybe he should have killed you along time ago!!!!! and for your information im a very intellangent person. and you should burn in hell for the things you say about people that are dead. how the hell do you even know him anyway.
ndn29 wrote:
<quoted text>
If Robert was smart he would have killed himself a long time ago instead of someone else doing it
Niki Colord

Siloam Springs, AR

#20 Sep 1, 2009
because the gun was in the same spot it was when he left his house. that how i know!! and i know the police officers that where there and they told me. plus his truck was in first gear trying to leave and the truck rolled to a stop.
Former Colcord Resident wrote:
Were you there? How do you know Robert didn't reach for a gun unless you were there??
<quoted text>
Niki Colord

Siloam Springs, AR

#21 Sep 1, 2009
maybe someone should kill someone you love. then call you a peace of trash i hope you get whats coming to you and i wish i could be there to see it. Burn in hell you son of bitch
ndn29 wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Nuclear Power - Zena, OK (May '11) Jul 3 Carl hale 2
new gas /convience store opening Jul 2 okla 1
sup May '15 the Ace of Spades 2
daisy duke open for buisness Apr '15 the phoenix 1
Jay Music Thread (May '12) Apr '15 Musikologist 15
Disney OK post office cashier Mar '15 yehok 1
News OSBI: Investigating the Investigators (Apr '10) Mar '15 tinket 87
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jay Mortgages