Cherokees to assist CDIB card applicants

Cherokees to assist CDIB card applicants

There are 124 comments on the - State story from Mar 31, 2008, titled Cherokees to assist CDIB card applicants. In it, - State reports that:

The Cherokee Nation will offer assistance this spring with applications for Certificate Degree of Indian Blood cards and citizenship in the tribe. via - State

Join the discussion below, or Read more at - State.

Since: Feb 12

United States

#107 Feb 23, 2012
Hi, my ggrand fathers brother George W Baldridge and all of his children are on the Dawes final rolls. My ggrand father for some reason did not enroll. Can I enroll through George? If so I will try to get the info I need.
Thank You for your time.

Jo Ann

Oklahoma City, OK

#108 Apr 12, 2012
My boyfriend has a CDIB card and i am preganat with his baby would i be able to use his card for doc app. for ultursounds and not have to drive to Ada for all the app.

Coffeyville, KS

#109 Apr 16, 2012
NOPE SHESALADY about using a brother or sister to enroll of your ggrand father, and your not the only family this happen to. If they were not lving in the nation or had their name placed of the Dawes then your SOL.... One reason maybe they should use the Miller roll instead of the Dawes, or use both.

Shelby Raines, sure this happens all the time,is he a member of a tribe or just holds a CDIB card?
And you have to go to Indian health service or clinic. But not to any doc.........

Tacoma, WA

#110 May 2, 2012
There are 22 officially sanctioned Cherokee Clubs in the U.S. The western Cherokee Nation is trying to enroll everyone who can prove they have any relative on the Dawes Rolls. They have dropped their blood quantum requirements.

I got this straight from the western Cherokee Nation tribal enrollment specialist that the tribe sent out to the Cherokee Club of Puget Sound, to tell everyone here how to get enrolled.

Email me directly for more information, including the email address of the enrollment specialist with the tribe in Oklahoma.([email protected] om)

If you live near Tacoma, Wa, the next Cherokee Club meeting is June 2nd (if I'm remembering my email update correctly) at Native Quest Book Store. It should also be on Native Quest's web site under their list of monthly events/classes.
Shawn Wade Lindsey

Indianapolis, IN

#111 May 8, 2012
Hello my name is Shawn Wade Lindsey
My family descends from a line of Blackfeet . My grand father ( Pual Richard, Franklin, Wade ) and great grandfather ( Alfonzo, Lorenzo, Wade) were born and raised on a reservation in Oklahoma . At that time it was told that the reservation was a mixture of Cherokee and Blackfeet . I have always known that I am blood , but the lack of history and knowing my people has left this horrible void in my life . I never had the chance to ask my grand parents of our history because they forbid us to do so. There is a drift among the Wade family going back to my grand father and his brothers . Their families are all registered and have their cards. I am not so interested in a card but in my people's history from our tribe not some American text book or documents . Although I do live in this reality that the "card" and paper work is the "ligit" way to obtain information in these regards so I humbly ask for guidance and help from those whom know what to do and how to do what is required to find their people again. Thank you for your help sencirely

Shawn W Lindsey

Haslet, TX

#112 Jun 16, 2012
Paul wrote:
The Cherokee Freedmen should have rights also under treaty with the tribe and the United States,and many don't have CDIB cards. They can should that thier people were members of the tribe.
CDIB stands for Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood. Freedmen would have 0% Indian Blood

Bates City, MO

#113 Jul 1, 2012
Your right about the CDIB, and Freedmen may have O%on their card, but they have as member of the CNO.
Blood or know blood.......And if you read your history, many freedmen were not allowed to show any blood when the Dawes was being taken.

United States

#114 Sep 17, 2012
How do I attain a death/birth for another family member in order to complete my application to get a replacement cdib card that I've lost?

Jefferson City, MO

#115 Sep 26, 2012
Mike call Cherokee Nation, they have people that can help you, ask for Cherokee First program. They have forms you can down load for a replacement Card. The new photo I.D. they will start taking will have your pic and CDIB on back...

United States

#116 Nov 8, 2012
how long does it take to get your CDIB card back after you file for it .

Jefferson City, MO

#117 Nov 12, 2012
Not very long, but membership in with the Cherokee may take one year.
Jennifer slagell

Hinton, OK

#118 Jan 27, 2013
I was adopted as an infant. And have recently found my birth parents. My biological father is Cherokee. Can I get a cdib card even though I am adopted? And if do info about it? What would be the first step?
jim baldridge

United States

#119 Feb 6, 2013
shesalady559 wrote:
Hi, my ggrand fathers brother George W Baldridge and all of his children are on the Dawes final rolls. My ggrand father for some reason did not enroll. Can I enroll through George? If so I will try to get the info I need.
Thank You for your time.
Jo Ann
What is your ggrand fathers name?

Dewar, OK

#120 Feb 6, 2013
candace stegall wrote:
i have a cherokee CDIB card and have no clue how to use it... my biological father split when i was two weeks now im 18 out on my own and having heath issues and have my card but dont know where to start?
Indian clinic or hospital, fill out paperwork for a chart, include cdib card. Indian Health service can tell you where to seek medical help. They are in blue pages of phone book. There is also contract health care.

Flippin, AR

#121 Oct 14, 2013
My brother got a letter and told him to mail it in to Registration to Cherokee Nation, this was after they looked at all the paper work he sent in.
Does this mean he will be getting his CDIB card?

Hoping and praying

Portland, OR

#122 Feb 18, 2014
O SI'Yo: I am living in wa state and looking for how to obtain my tribal card in the Peugeot sound area ,whom do I have to contact..... I was talking with john Johnson of Cherokee nation ok and he is leading me in this direction. looking for assistance with possible times and dates of where I can obtain my card and register.. here in wa area .. WA' do
please let me know if I am headed in the right direction or help guide me onto the right path.

United States

#123 Jun 23, 2014
I have a cdib card and I want to go back to college. How do you go about this and get financial help?(Cherokee)

Fostoria, OH

#125 Sep 27, 2014
My grandmother was about half not sure what that makes me and my brothers and sisters also

Since: Dec 14

Houston, TX

#128 Dec 2, 2014
shesalady559 wrote:
Hi, my ggrand fathers brother George W Baldridge and all of his children are on the Dawes final rolls. My ggrand father for some reason did not enroll. Can I enroll through George? If so I will try to get the info I need.
Thank You for your time.
Jo Ann
Hello Jo Ann!

Unfortunately, until/unless the Cherokee Nation changes their membership requirements, you can only enroll through a DIRECT Ancestor,so if your Grandfather's PARENTS were not on the Dawes roll, you would not be able to register/enroll.:-\ If this is the case (and you can still get research done if need be, to document/prove your Cherokee ancestry) just keep checking online or with the Cherokee Nation Tribal enrollment office to see if anything changes where you can get registered. I know it is frustrating-i know many people who are indeed Cherokee/Indian and who have close relatives from the SAME direct ancestor who are members of the Tribe, but who cannot get registered themselves. Hardly seems fair but that is up to the Tribes as to what membership criteria they wish to use. Does not mean they are not Cherokee/Indian, as i have seen some people commenting,as there are those who are truly Cherokee/Indian who fall between the cracks, though many people just have stories, so it does need researched to be able to prove and document them. I hope this helps!:-)

Louisville, KY

#129 Dec 21, 2014
Is there anywhere in Indiana that takes my crib card?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News OSBI: Investigating the Investigators (Apr '10) Dec 7 his wife 95
wat up with the practitioners at 13th st Integr... Oct '17 Sad 4 U 2
News Investigation: Drug court rehabs survive on for... Oct '17 Escondido 3
hate groups in jay ok Sep '17 usk 1
Drugsforsale (Jun '17) Sep '17 props 3
Restore the Village Barn. (Apr '16) Jul '17 props 3
drunken trashy ho Jul '17 theprops 1

Jay Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jay Mortgages